• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is it possible to get mew?

Years
  • Hi guys, I was just wondering if there are any ways of getting Mew? I remember I got one via an event when the original Pokemon Red/Blue came out, but since then I am unaware of any events that has distributed Mew in Australia and I am really wanting to get my hands on one again. Can anyone help me out?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Mew can only be obtained from special events, as of right now it is unobtainable unless someone somehow manages to activate the Pokemon Emerald event where it is capturable.

Otherwise, yer gonna need to fork over some impressive shiny or other event legendary if you want someone to trade it to you.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Mew can only be obtained from special events, as of right now it is unobtainable unless someone somehow manages to activate the Pokemon Emerald event where it is capturable.

Otherwise, yer gonna need to fork over some impressive shiny or other event legendary if you want someone to trade it to you.
    That depends on a person's generosity, too. Some people clone their Events, and there have been numerous Event Mews, with the most recent in North America being the Fall 2010 Mew, though there is also the Mystery Mew and numerous foreign events. Not to mention that Gameshark/Action Replay users in Emerald can still unlock at will the event to actually catch Mew at Faraway Island (just like I can unlock at will the event with Arceus at Sinjoh Ruins in Platinum), and I have one such Mew myself that someone else caught; I don't know if it was triggered using an Action Replay, but it's legitimately caught otherwise.

So they are out there, and people are sometimes nice to clone them and trade them so they still have their own as well. But even those people often want something they can use, even if it's just for breeding purposes towards their shop, or something they can use in their party in the current generation. Myself, I'd seek something not in my current Pokédex, but only if there are no events or anything I actually need otherwise (and until I can clone in this generation, I couldn't trade the original back anyway). And some just drop them for free. I've seen both types of people here.

Years
  • Ok, thanks for the replies. Sadly I doubt I have anything of use to anyone worth trading as I have never caught a shiny in all my years playing pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ok, thanks for the replies. Sadly I doubt I have anything of use to anyone worth trading as I have never caught a shiny in all my years playing pokemon.
    It doesn't have to be a Shiny. It could just be a baby you've bred from 4-5 IVs. I'm breeding those seemingly at will now, so my challenge is getting those babies in each species and using them for breeding purposes and for creating Egg Move specimen.

Years
  • Not unless you got the event mew way back when. which i did. :3

You can trade on the gts for one, I'm not sure what they're going for. Probably something ridiculous.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Not unless you got the event mew way back when. which i did. :3

You can trade on the gts for one, I'm not sure what they're going for. Probably something ridiculous.
    Don't bother with the GTS. Use our Quick Trade forum instead. State you're willing to accept clones. See what people offer.

Years
  • When I used to randomly scroll through the Passerby section of the PPS I decided to trade with someone who wanted a Lugia, he must of wanted it very much as he traded me a Mew for it. That's right I managed to trade a legendary that I could easily capture and transfer to X for the rarest Pokemon known to man. Was I lucky or was he stupid? ;)

Years
  • When I used to randomly scroll through the Passerby section of the PPS I decided to trade with someone who wanted a Lugia, he must of wanted it very much as he traded me a Mew for it. That's right I managed to trade a legendary that I could easily capture and transfer to X for the rarest Pokemon known to man. Was I lucky or was he stupid? ;)
    Why would you call him stupid? Maybe he was just generous. Also, can you confirm that the Mew you got isn't a hack?

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Not unless you got the event mew way back when. which i did. :3

Just adding to this. Mew isn't tradeable in the GTS. Nor any event pokémon for that matter. Any Pokémon from an event will be holding a premier ribbon which makes it impossible to trade through the GTS. So if they're in the GTS, they are hacks. So avoid trading for them.

Years
  • Why would you call him stupid? Maybe he was just generous. Also, can you confirm that the Mew you got isn't a hack?
    The strange thing is, it is from the original event.
    It's a Japanese Mew holding a Premier Ribbon, realized how lucky I am to have this Pokemon and seeing how there are so many hacked Pokemon around these days it's an even rarer find :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Also check the trade shops. Some traders who can easily clone are willing to let them go for a few lesser pokemon if they really want or need them for breeding. I got mine from a friend on here who traded it to me in exchange for a monsoon pattern Vivillon I got as a Scatterbug from the GTS. It was the only one he was missing from the set and I had been keeping an eye out for another Scatterbug from that region to get for him anyway and he knew I liked Mew so he cloned me one. A lot of people on here are kind like that so post a trade thread, list what you have and see if you get lucky.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wish there were some Mew event for X and Y in US, or just any other event for that matter, really; there's seriously a lack of it. Oh well, I suppose there's always time; they finally might be holding some after release of ORAS, so that people would turn back into playing these games.

Back