• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon TCG Game.

Years
  • Don't get too excited, I'm not promising anything, but I really want a remake of the classic pokemon tcg for gameboy color, with all cards and new stories places people and possibly mmo.

Posted here because not much is done.

I have ideas for the story and stuff, as well as characters and how the game will work, but I really don't want to get too far into it and take it one step at a time.

So I'm attempting to code this myself, but I'm no expert. I'm doing it in Gamemaker 7 Pro.

So far:
    Loads a Deck (statically, not from variables)
    Hand, Discard pile exist
    Draw a card (tells you what card / tells you when deck is empty)
    Shuffle deck
    Display the newest card( name / hp / type / stage + evolution)

Near future:
    List all of the attacks of the card (as a button)
    2nd player
    pick which card to display

Future:
    2nd player
    draw 7 cards
    pick basic (else try again)
    check if requirements to attack are fulfilled
    let's them attack each other (when one is gone, notify the user)

More Future:
    playing cards ( play basics to bench, evolve pokemon, attack energies)
    Bench
    retreating
    effects / requirements of attacking
    turns
    prizes

Even More Future:
    load cards from XML
    create / save decks

Super Future:
    pictures of each card
    playing cpu's
    playing other people
    an actual rpg game
    mmorpg

So yeah. If anyone is good with gamemaker or wants more info or anything tell me.

Right now the data for each card is stored in an array(I'm using fake 3D arrays), and the hand/deck/discard are ds_lists. In

There are a lot of things I'm sure about though, such as effects of attacks and pokemon powers (certain ones have effects at certain times, like aerodactyl prevents you from evolving, and some attacks make you flip before your next attack), which is why I'm posting here, to see if anyone has any ideas or whatever.
    Or to see if anyone's already doing this and I should just give up.

Screenshot

Feel free to IM me.

Last edited:
    Back