• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapan681

RiverDream
Years
  • Is it possible to fasten up the map making in Advance Map 1.92? Like add several blocks at once than one block of one part of the tree?

Also, how do you add new types? I checked NSE 2.0 and went to Navigate > Pokemon > Hud > and I was supposed to go to > PKMN but I can't find it. Any other way?

How do you change the Starter Pokemons to newer gens? I tried putting Axew using Hex Editor, it showed up the showpic and etc. BUT, I can still pick another one until I got all of them but Prof. Oak still won't let me out of the house.

Thanks in Advance! :)

To change starter pokemons, download and use A-starter

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    To change starter pokemons, download and use A-starter

I have the 1460 Rombase which has as it says over 1000+ Pokemons, but using the A-Starter Application can only reach up to Gen 3 and not the Gen 4,5 and 6 Pokemons. If there was an .Ini, it would be possible to add the Gen 4-6 Pokemons but it dosen't. Changing the scripts ended up glitching my game (probably because I put the wrong codes.). Any other alternatives?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Okay, try it again and this time put all 4 different names.
    Also try it on another rom (eg:- a clean fire red) to check whether the problem is of specific rom or not.

tried it just now, when skipping the rival naming section the name is still green in the game

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Another Question, how do i change the Start Map? Like the Spawn Map? I'm trying to use Start Map Chooser Advance on Fire Red and setting the Bank to 43 and Level to 0 because It's a new map I added. But it gives me a black screen when passing through the Introduction of Prof. Oak in the game. Any Ideas why? :)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Another Question, how do i change the Start Map? Like the Spawn Map? I'm trying to use Start Map Chooser Advance on Fire Red and setting the Bank to 43 and Level to 0 because It's a new map I added. But it gives me a black screen when passing through the Introduction of Prof. Oak in the game. Any Ideas why? :)

Bank 43 isn't normally in the Fire Red ROM, did you actually add a new bank and put the map there? Or did you add the map to an existing bank?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I just learned that JPAN's special 0x17, the special that changes an existing move on a Pokemon to another, doesn't work with an extended attack table. So when I try to teach a Pokemon a move past psycho boost, it freezes the game. I'm guessing it involves a limiter or something with his modified special, but idk how to fix that. Any help pls?

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Bank 43 isn't normally in the Fire Red ROM, did you actually add a new bank and put the map there? Or did you add the map to an existing bank?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I just learned that JPAN's special 0x17, the special that changes an existing move on a Pokemon to another, doesn't work with an extended attack table. So when I try to teach a Pokemon a move past psycho boost, it freezes the game. I'm guessing it involves a limiter or something with his modified special, but idk how to fix that. Any help pls?

Yes I did a new bank to put my map there.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I haven't been on here since early 2010. This place has changed a LOT!
    Could someone tell me;
    1. How come after I logged in, the bars on the side of my screen got way bigger?
    2. How do I change that?
    3. Is there a completed Pokemon Yellow remake yet? (That has pikachu with you in some way or another, since I remember someone saying the engine was too limited to do it exactly the same way or something?)
    4. What are some good completed ROM hacks? Is there a *new* or up to date thread of them all?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I haven't been on here since early 2010. This place has changed a LOT!
    Could someone tell me;
    1. How come after I logged in, the bars on the side of my screen got way bigger?
    2. How do I change that?
    3. Is there a completed Pokemon Yellow remake yet? (That has pikachu with you in some way or another, since I remember someone saying the engine was too limited to do it exactly the same way or something?)
    4. What are some good completed ROM hacks? Is there a *new* or up to date thread of them all?
    Here's a thread if you're looking for ROM Hacks:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=328689

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Is it possible to fasten up the map making in Advance Map 1.92? Like add several blocks at once than one block of one part of the tree?

Holding Ctrl + right mouse button allows you to pick and place multiple blocks at once.

Years
  • Are there any guides out there for Locksmitharmy's Complete Item Editor tool? I'm trying to make an item that increases a Pokemon's happiness when you use it, but when you use it from the bag the game just freezes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Hi

I'm having a weird glitch in my romhack where random game-freezes occur mid battle and fainted pokemon remain on the screen. How do I fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Hi

I'm having a weird glitch in my romhack where random game-freezes occur mid battle and fainted pokemon remain on the screen. How do I fix this?

Edit: the main problem seems to be that the fainting script does not show up ever which makes no sprite disappear from the battle screen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, so I'm having an issue with my romhack.

Whenever I try to fight the Ghost Marowak (I replaced the Cubone line with Golett's line) the game freezes. I don't know what's to blame for this, though. I looked at the script, and nothing looks wrong/bugged.

(On a side note, where's the script that contains the information for the rival battles? I tried looking in the champion room, and I didn't see anything at all)

jordsta95

That guy with 6 Magikarps
    Years
  • Question about editing text (sorry if this is the wrong area)

Is it possible to use a conditional text statement?
    For example have:
    "Hello laddie..." or "You're not a girl" if the player is a boy
    "Hello lassie..." or "You're not a boy" if the player is a girl

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Are there any guides out there for Locksmitharmy's Complete Item Editor tool? I'm trying to make an item that increases a Pokemon's happiness when you use it, but when you use it from the bag the game just freezes.
    How exactly did you go about this?
    Hi

Edit: the main problem seems to be that the fainting script does not show up ever which makes no sprite disappear from the battle screen.
    What was the last thing you edited in your ROMHack? Can we get a video/.ips or something of what happens or in which we can play around with it?
    Okay, so I'm having an issue with my romhack.

Whenever I try to fight the Ghost Marowak (I replaced the Cubone line with Golett's line) the game freezes. I don't know what's to blame for this, though. I looked at the script, and nothing looks wrong/bugged.

(On a side note, where's the script that contains the information for the rival battles? I tried looking in the champion room, and I didn't see anything at all)
    Did you use your own script to initiate the fight or a modified version of the one present in vanilla?

I don't know exactly what you are asking here, but the script in the Champion's room is a level script located in the "Header" tab of A-Map. Gary himself is not assigned a script (I think), and the level script is what makes all of everything happen in the Champion's room.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    What was the last thing you edited in your ROMHack? Can we get a video/.ips or something of what happens or in which we can play around with it?

I was editing pokemon learnsets with G3HS, I'm guessing it accidentally overwrote some kind of script.

I'll send an ips soon.

Years
  • Did you use your own script to initiate the fight or a modified version of the one present in vanilla?

I don't know exactly what you are asking here, but the script in the Champion's room is a level script located in the "Header" tab of A-Map. Gary himself is not assigned a script (I think), and the level script is what makes all of everything happen in the Champion's room.

First point: All I really did was replace Marowak with Golurk. I didn't change the script at all.

Second point: I want to find the script which contains the rival battles. My hack has national dex from the start, which causes the Elite Four/Champion to use their post-game teams from the original FireRed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back