• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Problem with tilesets

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
  • While I was editing my tilesets, I encountered this problem. Some tiles became passable (even though I already set which tilesets are passable and which aren't) and some strange black lines have appeared.
    I've tried everything that came to my mind: I edited the "incriminated" file with Paint and Gimp many times looking for every possible errors, set the permitted movements from the database again and again, replaced the Tilesets.rxdata but nothing worked.

Spoiler:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Maybe you have invisible tiles above your map. Fill the empty spaces of the tileset with a visible color like red to find them, since it also a source of passable tiles above non-passable ones.

You may also try this script for the passability: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=352886

Also be sure to not have move the snow texture in the tileset, one pixel too much is enough to have bugs like those black lines.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • Thank you. I repeated this passage more times but without success. Also, this happens in every map which uses this tileset.

EDIT: these black lines were caused by a wrong tileset alignment like you said! Thank you! However, most tilesets are still passable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If it's with the tiles that are below others (behind the house, etc.), it always takes the impassibility of the top tile (If the cliff tile (layer 1) is impassable, but the roof (layer 2) is passable, the tile itself will be passable. The only way I can think of to counteract it is to go to the tileset, duplicate the tile on the higher layer (i.e. the roof), and make it not passable through the database. Hopefully this helps!

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • If it's with the tiles that are below others (behind the house, etc.), it always takes the impassibility of the top tile (If the cliff tile (layer 1) is impassable, but the roof (layer 2) is passable, the tile itself will be passable. The only way I can think of to counteract it is to go to the tileset, duplicate the tile on the higher layer (i.e. the roof), and make it not passable through the database. Hopefully this helps!

The thing is that nearly all tilesets are passable regardless of which layer they are. I made the tileset I'm using on layer 1 passable and the ones I'm using on the second layer not passable. I made a new map using a different file (with the same tilesets) but the problem is still here, now ALL tilesets are passable. :/
    Thanks anyways.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • Be sure to have priority 5 on the top left tile on the tileset (the blank tile left to the autotiles). If you don't put priority 5 here, you'll have passability problems.
    Oh my God! After DAYS spent in the hope of finding a solution to this problem, you came here and saved my life. Thanks man!

Back