• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Messenger

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    Hello! I have been meaning to post the second scary story I had to write for 6th graders at my creative writing class. This one was completely on my own. ^w^

The Messenger

The Messenger's shoes continued their noise.

Click… Click… Click… Click…

He walked down a hallway, each step sounding off the noise that told him to begin the next one. He knew he was surrounded by the shadows, but he had to continue his mission. He looked over his own shoulder, nearly screaming. The Messenger then broke into a hysterical laughter. He continued looking forward, refusing to give his paranoia the satisfaction of tricking him. He put the thoughts to the side and continued listening to his chant.

Click. Click. Click. Click.

Just as before, the clicks told him when each step was to begin and end. His eyes couldn't resist his shoulder much longer. The thought began rising up more and more. Curiosity was taking its toll. There was something ominous about what was beyond that shoulder. His face met beyond the shoulder once more. Again the paranoia settled into his heart. The shadows entered his eyes, and then returned him to his normal world, walking down the hallway. Laughter proceeded to escape his lips as he continued his march.

Click, Click, Click, Click,

He noticed his clicks were growing faster. He told them to slow down, but they refused his plea. His feet followed the noise on command, ignoring the desires of the Messenger they carried. He noticed the fear sliding under his feet, showing him where each foot was meant to go. The Messenger, knowing nothing else to do, twisted his head to its usual position, showing him the world just beyond his shoulder. The shadows behind him had grown, preparing to rise up and strike him. His death march had to continue.

Click Click Click Click

As was becoming the usual habit for The Messenger, his clicks increased their pace. He no longer realized where he was. There was only darkness around him. The hallway he had grown so familiar to had now disappeared, leaving him stranded with his demons. He felt all his hope leaving his body, his paranoia taking its place. In his fear, he silenced his clicks and removed the package from his trench coat, then snapped back into a fraction of his former sanity, just enough to continue the walk.

Click-Click-Click-Click

The clicks were close to becoming unrecognizable close. Soon after, The Messenger noticed the shadows touching him. They felt cold and stung his body. He fell to the floor. Their hands were now at his neck. He felt them shouting to throw his package to the ground. He did so without question. The sound of glass shattering and the silence of death fell over the hallway. The shadows fled back to their corners and The Messenger continued his march.

ClickClickClickClick

His pace was now one massive click; Each step merging with the last. The Messenger no longer felt his body. It began in his nose. Then spread up and down throughout his body. He felt that his march was coming to a close, despite not being able to hear or see the motion of his carrier.

C l i c k… C l i c k… C l i c k… C l i- thud

Back