• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What nickname are you proudest of?

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    Hello all!

Just a quick but interesting question. Out of all the nicknames you have given your pokemon which ones have made you laugh the most? I know its quite narcissistic to praise oneself but hey, sometimes you're just to damn funny :-)

When I played through X for the second time I picked Fennekin and I sat at my 3DS for ages thinking of a name. Then it hit me!

Its a fox
    Its a fire type
    Its a fire fox
    There is a net browser called MOZILLA firefox

Mozilla?

eh
    eh

So I called it Chrome

It made me lol

Fedarik

Years
  • I know I've had a lot more that are better, but the only one that I can think of off the top of my head is a Ditto that I nicknamed "Flubber". If I can remember more, I'll be sure to post them here.

But, since this a topic that deals with the games rather than Pokemon as a whole, I'm going to move this thread over to our Pokemon Gaming Central section for you.

MOVED.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    Thank you for moving it. I'm still new to this forum so I'm getting used to the rules.

Another one that I have just remembered is Throh. I used him once in my White playthrough and I noticed he looked like Spiderman in a dressing gown. So I called him Parker

Fedarik

Last edited:

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I once did a playthrough of Crystal where I decided to name my Pokemon irrelevant, mundane things. I was most proud of my Delibird, which I nicknamed Shirts.

I thought it was hilarious, though I would understand if you weren't laughing right now.

Tek

Years
  • Let's see... MIAU bred me a Scraggy that I named Pants.

I named the Squirtle that Sycamore gave me O' Malley (don't know why) and the Lucario I received later I named Rio Grande (also don't know why).

I'm especially proud of the Pokémon Ranger Manaphy I named Manly. And also the three Electrode from the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town. I caught them all in Friend Balls and named them きでんき1, きでんき2, and きでんき3 ... きでんき (Kidenki) means 'electric generator'.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I nicknamed my Emboar, Porkchop, 'cause it's like a funny tough guy name but at the same time cruel because it's what happens to pigs when they're fired up lol.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I decided to give my Politoed the nickname Suwako Moriya, cos you can't have enough Touhou. Named after this character:
    tumblr_static_475xu3c57lmow0c0o8os888oo.gif

I just couldn't avoid it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I like to think that I come up with a lot of really good nicknames but I'll limit it to my top four ;)

Milotic is nicknamed Udon
    Venusaur is nicknamed Rafflesia
    Medicham is nicknamed Chakra
    Delphox is nicknamed Masala Chai

I like food nicknames mostly, but those are my favorite more diverse nicknames.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I usually don't nickname my Pokémon, sadly. In total, I've done it to only about six or so.

Out of those six Pokémon that I have nicknamed, I'd say my most favorite would be... probably Cannons, which was Bastoise. It's got a pair of water-cannons on its back, so I thought it'd be sort of fitting, even though it's boring, haha.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I usually name my pokemon when i get bored and when i want to...i name my Magnemite 'scrap metal'...haha~

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hmmm... well, some of the ones I liked were:
    - Spyro (Dragonite)
    - Toph (Flygon)
    - Minuet (Lilligant)
    - Nixie (Jellicent)
    - Gan (Emboar - as in Ganondorf's beast form from Legend of Zelda)

I really like the latter four, and best of all they were from the same playthrough; I was on a roll!

Back