• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Y'know, I found this image from a post off of PokeJungle, and it really caught my eye.

It's an image that shows how the Mega Evolutions are possibly based off of Nordic Deities.

h43EB9C04

If this were indeed true, then GameFreak is much more clever than I thought, and I respect the idea of Mega Evolutions more than I already do now.
Really clever on Game Freak's department, but what about Mega Kangaskhan, as well as the other unannounced Megas? Do we have enough Nordic Deities to fill the rest of that list a couple of posts back?

Years
I just thought what if Arceus is Normal/Fairy
Because gamefreak won't have to put fairy plate and Arceus is like a magical creatures

And i think that the Lake Guaridan Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf will be Psychic/Fairy
Because Uxie is based on Pixies, Mesprit is based on Sprites, Azelf is based on Elves
And they are created by Arceus and they have the power to tame the dragons (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina) and fairy is strong against dragon so psychic/fairy

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I just thought what if Arceus is Normal/Fairy
Because gamefreak won't have to put fairy plate and Arceus is like a magical creatures

And i think that the Lake Guaridan Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf will be Psychic/Fairy
Because Uxie is based on Pixies, Mesprit is based on Sprites, Azelf is based on Elves
And they are created by Arceus and they have the power to tame the dragons (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina) and fairy is strong against dragon so psychic/fairy

Or they could simply just create a Fairy Plate.

Years
Hopefully it won't be called fairy plate, i want it to be star plate, dream plate, magic plate, mystic plate...

On serebii said : Recently, the official site has updated with the full look at the upcoming Pokémon Global Link that was previously on the notice site, following on from the look at the timeline that we previously had. This appearance showcases the various new features of the Pokémon Global Link, including photos, a timeline and details of various battles. It changes in colour between Pokémon X & Pokémon Y.
In this statement, it showcases a Battle Competition called the Kalos Cup and states all participants get a special Pikachu. It's unclear if this will actually exist within the Global Link when it opens
pgl.jpg

Look at that picture, i think Xerneas and Yvetal will be a duo.

And WAIT A SPECIAL PIKACHU!!!!. Why it's so special??? MAYBE IT is holding the "Pikachunite", which make it evolves to MEGA PIKACHU!!
Ash Ketchum must be thrilled!!!
mega_pikachu_by_marix20-d6hrlsg.png

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
OMG that Mega Pikachu would be amazing!

blue

gucci
Years
The Special Pikachu will just have something like a special ability, item or move, but a Mega Pikachu like that would be awesome!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Though Pikachu is not exactly my favorite pokemon, I do love it. I wouldn't mind having a special Pikachu Mega form. Though it is 50/50 chance of this. Because it is basically the face of Pokemon, but it isn't the evolve form. So I don't know. kinda hard to say.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hopefully it won't be called fairy plate, i want it to be star plate, dream plate, magic plate, mystic plate...

On serebii said : Recently, the official site has updated with the full look at the upcoming Pokémon Global Link that was previously on the notice site, following on from the look at the timeline that we previously had. This appearance showcases the various new features of the Pokémon Global Link, including photos, a timeline and details of various battles. It changes in colour between Pokémon X & Pokémon Y.
In this statement, it showcases a Battle Competition called the Kalos Cup and states all participants get a special Pikachu. It's unclear if this will actually exist within the Global Link when it opens
pgl.jpg

Look at that picture, i think Xerneas and Yvetal will be a duo.

And WAIT A SPECIAL PIKACHU!!!!. Why it's so special??? MAYBE IT is holding the "Pikachunite", which make it evolves to MEGA PIKACHU!!
Ash Ketchum must be thrilled!!!
mega_pikachu_by_marix20-d6hrlsg.png

I wanted to point out that the new PGL does not have a Dream World link in it. So my earlier assumption that the new PGL not having a Dream World is correct so far.

The Special Pikachu will be either a Surfing or Flying Pikachu, those are the "special Pikachus" usually given out as prizes. It could also be a Volt Tackle Pikachu or a Pikachu that will learn an Electric attack that it doesn't usually learn.

Pikachu will NOT get a Mega Evolution. Those are for FULLY EVOLVED Pokemon. If Pikachu were to get a Mega Stone it would be to evolve Raichu into Mega Raichu.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Mawile is not "fully evolved" in any sense of the term, and yet it got a megaevolution, and so did Kangaskhan. Of course, you can also make the argument that at the same time, these Pokemon were already "complete", not having an evolution, and simply gaining a new form to use. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

In regards to whether or not Arceus would get a mega form, I hope not, but it would not surprise me in the slightest if it does. I kind of doubt Megaceus would be that much better than Normal Arceus anyway, but hey, I'm open for surprises.

A fully evolved Pokemon is a Pokemon that cannot evolve any further. Yes, both Mawile and Kangaskhan are Fully Evolved Pokemon as they cannot evolve any further than where they currently are, which is why they received Mega Evolutions. Only a Fully Evolved Pokemon is going to receive a Mega Evolution.

That is what Gamefreak defines as a Fully Evolved Pokemon. They make the rules, so yes they are both Fully Evolved.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A fully evolved Pokemon is a Pokemon that cannot evolve any further. Yes, both Mawile and Kangaskhan are Fully Evolved Pokemon as they cannot evolve any further than where they currently are, which is why they received Mega Evolutions. Only a Fully Evolved Pokemon is going to receive a Mega Evolution.

That is what Gamefreak defines as a Fully Evolved Pokemon. They make the rules, so yes they are both Fully Evolved.
For now that is...Gf could change their own rules in the future which they've done before...but you're right in the current.

The PGL looks very empty...though the picture feature sounds nice, I image it'll get less use than it did during Gen V due to the lack of DW Pokémon.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
For now that is...Gf could change their own rules in the future which they've done before...but you're right in the current.

The PGL looks very empty...though the picture feature sounds nice, I image it'll get less use than it did during Gen V due to the lack of DW Pokémon.

Or it could get More use due to lack of Dream World, plus, there's the fact it's basically a social network now in terms of style, and people will basically hop onto that.

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
Pikachu will NOT get a Mega Evolution. Those are for FULLY EVOLVED Pokemon. If Pikachu were to get a Mega Stone it would be to evolve Raichu into Mega Raichu.

Until GF decides they aren't, of course. I mean we had 'There are ONLY 17 types' and 'Pokemon DONT evolve more than three times' and 'You CANT go up ledges', but not anymore.

While I do doubt it will happen this generation, it may be a possibility sometime in the future when they decide to give something like a Mawile a regular evolution anyways.

Years
This is unlike most of the rumors we cover, because this is speculation based on trademark sleuthing that our good friend at AAPF did. There was no 2ch/4chan poster claiming to have insider information, no leak, etc. Instead we have a list of names which seem to correlate to what Pokémon may get Mega Evolutions and will be used in Pokémon X & Pokémon Y marketing, promotions, and/or merchandise. This list is speculative and the Pokémon listed may not get Mega Evolutions. As such, it is being marked as a RUMOR post which always means you should assume false until proven true and simply use it as a means to spark discussion with your fellow Junglers and PokéFans icon smile RUMOR: More Mega Evolutions Revealed? Worth noting that the second Mega Evolution trailer featured Gyrados and Tyranitar (seen in the list below) AS WELL AS Hydreigon, Golurk, and Salamance… in case it's a hint.

Pokémon who might get a Mega Evolution:

Charizard
Blastoise
Gengar
Pinsir
Jynx
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Scizor (Already confirmed unofficially)
Houndoom
Tyranitar
Heracross
Gardevoir
Medicham
Banette
Aggron
Latias/Latios
Abomasnow
Lots to talk about, huh?! Some fan favorites such as Gengar and Pinsir, as well as some under-appreciated Pokémon such as Abomasnow. Remember these Pokémon could get new typings or abilities if they do get a Mega Evolution. Exciting!!
So if you guys for some reason cannot read this is basically says Pokémon that can get Mega-Evolutions and the reason why.
Source: Pokéjungle

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So if you guys for some reason cannot read this is basically says Pokémon that can get Mega-Evolutions and the reason why.
Source: Pokéjungle

Ya, a little late to the party with this one. The list was posted a while back. The choices are interesting. I'd love to see how they'd do Jynx as a Mega.

I don't know how they come across with that "Already confirmed Unofficially" thing.

Until GF decides they aren't, of course. I mean we had 'There are ONLY 17 types' and 'Pokemon DONT evolve more than three times' and 'You CANT go up ledges', but not anymore.

While I do doubt it will happen this generation, it may be a possibility sometime in the future when they decide to give something like a Mawile a regular evolution anyways.

Seeing as GF gave them Mega Evolutions which are exclusive to Fully Evolved Pokemon I don't see them changing this info. Pokemon also DON'T Evolve more than 2 times. Base (Evolution 1) Stage One (Evolution 2) Stage 2.

None to date do more than that. Mega Evolutions are just form changes. Just like any other Form change. Stats will shift around, some types will change. That's pretty much all we have since they aren't permanent. So no Pokemon family is more than 3 Pokemon.

As for Type, the saying is still true. There WERE only 17 until now. Now there are ONLY 18 types. It'll be the same later on, even if you change the number. Not Fully Evolved and Fully Evolved have remained the same until they added to them, yes. Mega Evolutions pretty much tell us that every Pokemon with one will never evolve after this because they are at the highest point of evolution they can achieve without the aid of the Mega Stones.

Years
I think that PIKACHU COULD HAVE MEGA EVOLUTION
firstly, Pikachu is the game mascot, maybe it is the special exception
SECONDLY, Like when Ash battles Korina, after that she will teach Pikachu how to evolve to Mega!!!

Years
Here are the rumors that was posted on Pokejungle on November 30, 2012. This rumor existed since Gen 5 (Black White, or Black White 2). And SO FAR IT WAS TRUE!!!
Here is the link : http://pokejungle.net/2012/11/30/generation-vi-rumors-and-more/

- Gen VI coming in about 2 years (TRUE)
- Storyline focused on a world in crisis
- Full 3D world and models (TRUE)
- New type will be introduced (TRUE. fairy type)
- Fewer new Pokémon, but some existing ones get new forms/abilities (TRUE. Mega Evolution)
- Wii U will get a Pokémon Battrio (Japanese arcade exclusive right now) game which uses NFC technology

Back