• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Safe sites to use for online payment?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    So I was planning to make a Paypal account and I was wondering, is it really safe?
    I asked my uncle, who knows these computer stuff of course about that and he said it isn't because it can be hacked easily. Is this true? Is there any alternative to Paypal that can be used for buying online using eBay? Thank you.

Zet

Years
  • paypal is completely safe if you have anything added onto your browser to tell you if the site is a phishing site. Though it's best to have a strong password for your account

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Paypal is really safe, never had a problem with it :3

I have about $32 on there, too O_o

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I've spent thousands with paypal :O It's been all good for me. My bank account is hooked onto my paypal and haven't had any trouble with that either...
    I had that one problem that I told you about, but it got sorted out easily :P

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
  • O_O
    No offense, but I bet he couldn't do it.

Paypal is very safe.
    It is easily the safest money transaction account that you will have.

Lol, it isn't very hard. I have to admit that I've been able to get into some paypal accounts with keyloggers and phishers. Just make sure that when you get an e-mail from paypal, that you copy/paste any links onto your browser, never click unless you 100% know the e-mail is legit. But other than fraudulent e-mails and fishy links, it's pretty much safe to use. I don't use it too often, only when I order games etc, and never had any problems with it.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • PayPal 100%!

I've only had one problem, and that was from a phishing site that used an @paypal.com email address. But it wasn't directly related to PayPal.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Lol, it isn't very hard. I have to admit that I've been able to get into some paypal accounts with keyloggers and phishers.
    A) Highly illegal, you probably shouldn't mention that
    B) That has nothing to do with PayPal's security, that's an end user problem

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
  • A) Highly illegal, you probably shouldn't mention that
    B) That has nothing to do with PayPal's security, that's an end user problem

Lol doubt I'd get v& (vanned) for saying that on Pokemon Forums. Yeah I guess it has nothing to do with PayPal's security, but I didn't say it did. Someone had said that it'd be impossible to hack into anyone's PayPal account, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Which backs up what I first posted that PayPal is safe other than the occaisional phisher/keyloggers.

Amicus

Hipster Incubai
    Years
  • Lol, it isn't very hard. I have to admit that I've been able to get into some paypal accounts with keyloggers and phishers. Just make sure that when you get an e-mail from paypal, that you copy/paste any links onto your browser, never click unless you 100% know the e-mail is legit. But other than fraudulent e-mails and fishy links, it's pretty much safe to use. I don't use it too often, only when I order games etc, and never had any problems with it.

Yes. Any login that you do on your computer can be easily tracked if your computer gets nasty things from shady sources. As long as you're not downloading zipped torrents of movie screener copies you should be safe.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Doesn't really matter really, it's really not hard to claim your money back if it is taken illegally. You can contact PayPal or your bank.

Back