• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Motherhen Challenge!

girlslikegirls

gamer, book lover, geek-nerd extraordinar
Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    It's time for the weekly update!

I'm on my way to Stage 3!

I've switched up my game play style a bit since I gained Cottonee. Mink, as I call him, is the front liner for battle. He's easy to underestimate, so it's nice to start out with him. He sets the tone for the battle as a whole. At level 16, he knows Mega Drain, Fairy Wind, Stun Spore, and Leech Seed. His ability is prankster -- giving priority to his move. He partners well with Sernin. I see them very much as close brothers who team up whenever possible.

Lilo is my Lombre -- the water type on the team.She's my ace in the hole when we encounter fire types. She partners well with my Snover who I named Fee. She knows Mist, Water Sport, Absorb, and Nature Power (a personal favorite of mine). Her ability is rain dish which comes in handy against Pokemon who know Protect. Lilo is at level 23.

Foonias is my Foongus. Effective against bug types, I really enjoy using Foonias as a mid section fighter. Astonish is a super effective move against fairy type. She also knows Absorb, Growth and Bide. I plan to replace Growth and Bide, I'm just not sure with what yet. Effect Spore has become one of the most useful abilities. Foonias is at level 14.

Pumpia is my Pumpkaboo. I use her along side Foonias. She, like Mink helps set the tone for battle. She knows a lot of support moves; trick, astonish, worry seed, and trick or treat. She also has the ability Pick Up which works well for Trick. She's only at level 13 but her role in the team is pivotal to successful battling.

Fee is my level 16 Snover. While he's the last member of the team to be used in battle, he's just as important as Mink and Pumpia. His Snow Warning ability comes in handy often, and he has a varied move set. Powder Snow, Icy Wind, Grass Whistle, and Razor Leaf create a full move set that I'm not sure I want to mess with. Lilo and Fee are very close, and I see them as a pair.

Finally, we have Sernin. My Servine is often rebellious and doesn't like to do as he's told. Still, he comes through when it matters and he's very protective of Mink. At level 30, he knows Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, and Mega Drain.His contrary ability makes him a force to be reckoned with!

So that's my little family. I'm excited to start Stage 3! Now that I have experience share, it should be a tad easier. Currently, I'm at 17 hours of game play. :-)

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Well when I'm battling gym leaders or my rival I start off with Snowstorm as her Snow Warning ability is great for my Pokemon who half of them has a Hail related abilities and then just switch out to the best suited or weakest pokemon depending on the levels. And I don't really have a favorite.

The way I look at them is like a family
    Glacieric is the father he protects his children from the dangers of the world
    Hailstrom is the eldest child. He has lots of power but only uses it when the family is in danger
    Snowblood she is the second eldest child. She is quite mischievous and loves a good prank but will fight to protect the family when needed.
    Frozenia is the youngest child and cant quite keep up with the rest of her siblings but can hold her own when need
    Frieja is the mother. She supports her husband no matter what but is quick to punish her children when they do wrong
    And Snowstorm is the happy go lucky child of the family. She loves to help out in anyway way she can and will step back when she knows she can't handle it alone

Snover is definitely interesting to build around, especially for an ice type play through. It's cool to see the different ways we assign family members. It sounds like Snowblood and my Sernin would get along well XD.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • Snover is definitely interesting to build around, especially for an ice type play through. It's cool to see the different ways we assign family members. It sounds like Snowblood and my Sernin would get along well XD.

That's partly why I chose Snover as on my X and Omega Ruby I've been playing around with weather based teams just for fun.

I see myself as like the grandfather of my team. What about you how do you view your team?

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    That's partly why I chose Snover as on my X and Omega Ruby I've been playing around with weather based teams just for fun.

I see myself as like the grandfather of my team. What about you how do you view your team?

Haha. Thats cool! I really see myself as a protector of the team, someone who helps them grow but knows when enough is enough. This team really makes me wish we had a way to build a Gym and become Gym Leaders at the end of the game. It would be cool after-school content. I view a kind of epilogue where we built some place safe together, where my team members can battle if they want to but they can also relax outside of their Pokeballs. IDK, it's just a dream I have.

Years
  • I see myself as the overall mother of my team, being sure that I understand my team's individual limits and show that I understand how they can each reach their full potential. Also, being a gym leader after the game would be really cool!

HyperJono

Years
  • The closest we've come to having our own gyms is the secret bases in ORAS.

Its interesting to see how the interactions and the way you view your team. I mean with me when I was 6 and started playing Red I viewed my Pokemon as my protectors and as I have gotten older my Pokemon have gone from my protectors to my friends to my companions for life well at least for teams I build with wild Pokemon. But with teams where I breed and hatch them and transfer them to the game I am want them on I see them more as my family then friends and companions. If that made sense

Years
  • The closest we've come to having our own gyms is the secret bases in ORAS.

Its interesting to see how the interactions and the way you view your team. I mean with me when I was 6 and started playing Red I viewed my Pokemon as my protectors and as I have gotten older my Pokemon have gone from my protectors to my friends to my companions for life well at least for teams I build with wild Pokemon. But with teams where I breed and hatch them and transfer them to the game I am want them on I see them more as my family then friends and companions. If that made sense

I totally get that, I mean, when I started playing Diamond when I was younger I mainly focused on levelling up my starter then switching weaker pokemon out for stronger ones, but with this challenge, I really do feel like I have to protect each pokemon and make sure that they reach their full potential. I can tell that when the challenge is over it is going to be very rewarding. In a way I find that it is already as I watch how each of my team members acts in battle.

HyperJono

Years
  • I totally get that, I mean, when I started playing Diamond when I was younger I mainly focused on levelling up my starter then switching weaker pokemon out for stronger ones, but with this challenge, I really do feel like I have to protect each pokemon and make sure that they reach their full potential. I can tell that when the challenge is over it is going to be very rewarding. In a way I find that it is already as I watch how each of my team members acts in battle.

I feel like it is extremely rewarding already. I think I may be a little disappointed when I've completed the challenge. And I know once I've finished the challenge I will transfer the team to my X/Y or ORAS game

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I see myself as the overall mother of my team, being sure that I understand my team's individual limits and show that I understand how they can each reach their full potential. Also, being a gym leader after the game would be really cool!

Hehe, right? I really feel like it would be such a unique aspect to the game! Maybe it could be unlockable content in Sun & Moon? Who knows. Either way, it would be a fun way to keep players interacting with the game well after defeating it.

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    The closest we've come to having our own gyms is the secret bases in ORAS.

It probably has a lot to do with my age when I started playing again and really took on the Pokemon Fandom as whole. My Pokemon are truly my partners in crime, and I want to watch them grow but I don't want to exert them unnecessarily. Pokemon Amie does nothing but help that aspect of the game. I can see where they'd be a mixture of it all -- friends, family, companions. Sort of like a cop-drama family dynamic in a way. I'm really, REALLY interested in ORAS and will be picking up a copy of Alpha Sapphire next pay check. I fully plan on picking up Omega Ruby, too! I already have ideas for what type of team I will be building for Alpha Sapphire, and while I won't be transferring the members of my first "official" challenge play through, I will be breeding from some of the members in order to bring them into the new save file.

I'm glad you guys are finding this challenge so rewarding! It definitely makes the Poke Bank worth it, IMO and I really enjoy watching the relationships grow between members. It'll be exiting to see the results of every team. I have a surprise in store for everyone who completes the challenge, too so watch out for that once you guys finish ~

HyperJono

Years
  • It probably has a lot to do with my age when I started playing again and really took on the Pokemon Fandom as whole. My Pokemon are truly my partners in crime, and I want to watch them grow but I don't want to exert them unnecessarily. Pokemon Amie does nothing but help that aspect of the game. I can see where they'd be a mixture of it all -- friends, family, companions. Sort of like a cop-drama family dynamic in a way. I'm really, REALLY interested in ORAS and will be picking up a copy of Alpha Sapphire next pay check. I fully plan on picking up Omega Ruby, too! I already have ideas for what type of team I will be building for Alpha Sapphire, and while I won't be transferring the members of my first "official" challenge play through, I will be breeding from some of the members in order to bring them into the new save file.

I'm glad you guys are finding this challenge so rewarding! It definitely makes the Poke Bank worth it, IMO and I really enjoy watching the relationships grow between members. It'll be exiting to see the results of every team. I have a surprise in store for everyone who completes the challenge, too so watch out for that once you guys finish ~

You guys are lucky in that regard as you have Pokemon Amie to interact and feed your team. Though I think having my team follow me in Soul Silver is pretty awesome too.

Years
  • FORUM USERNAME: LRachelR5
    STARTING TEAM: Pawniward, Riolu, Ferroseed, Beldum, Magnemite, Kilink
    GAME / VERSION: Omega Ruby
    DIFFICULTY: Monotype steel

Last edited:

HyperJono

Years
  • Quickupdate on my Soul Silver Challange. Just defeated Morty the Ecruteak City Gym Leader and thanks to Glacieric and his Crunch attack we took a bite out of Morty and his Ghost Pokemon

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    FORUM USERNAME: LRachelR5
    STARTING TEAM: Pawniward, Riolu, Ferroseed, Beldum, Magnemite, Kilink
    GAME / VERSION: Omega Ruby
    DIFFICULTY: Monotype steel

I'm glad you decided to sign up again! Are we doing this in addition to the initial sign up or have you completed your other team?

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Quickupdate on my Soul Silver Challange. Just defeated Morty the Ecruteak City Gym Leader and thanks to Glacieric and his Crunch attack we took a bite out of Morty and his Ghost Pokemon

Yay! One step closer! :-) Forgive me, I haven't played Soul Silver. What stage does that mean you're on?

Years
  • I'm glad you decided to sign up again! Are we doing this in addition to the initial sign up or have you completed your other team?

This is a separate sign up, still working on my Alpha Sapphire challenge

Breeder Lucy's Progress
    Spoiler:

TEAM
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

HyperJono

Years
  • Hey Oddy I was wondering when we have completed a stage and gotten our Pokemon to the required level do we have to collect the gym badges in order or can we collect them in a different order. Eg. I have completed stage 5 and collected my 4th gym Badge and now the way is open for me to collect the 5th, 6th and 7th Johto Gym badges but in the game I can skip Gym 5 and go Battle Gym 6.

Sorry if none of that made sense

HyperJono

Years
  • FORUM USERNAME: HyperJono
    STARTING TEAM: Absol, Murkrow, Eevee, Sableye, Houndour, Poochyena
    GAME / VERSION: Diamond
    DIFFICULTY:Monotype. Type I will be using is Dark

I'm doing this at the same time as my Soul Silver. I'm also running it off the same game I am doing the challenge I created called the Trainer Class Challenge.

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Hey Oddy I was wondering when we have completed a stage and gotten our Pokemon to the required level do we have to collect the gym badges in order or can we collect them in a different order. Eg. I have completed stage 5 and collected my 4th gym Badge and now the way is open for me to collect the 5th, 6th and 7th Johto Gym badges but in the game I can skip Gym 5 and go Battle Gym 6.

Sorry if none of that made sense

Hiya! Sorry I've been busy with real life stuff so I haven't had the chance to check in. Due to the nature of the badges you will have to collect them in order. This just makes it fair for everyone, no matter what game they're in.

Back