• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Roots

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
  • I agree with what everyone's said about your versatility. I honestly love it when people show a lot of variety, and your gallery is a prime example of this. Your 3D art is so creative, what you've posted of your digital art looks great, and I am so, so impressed by everything in your Game Dev spoilers. The visual concept in particular is amazing to me; I just really love the style of it, haha.

Anyways, like Johnny mentioned, I am pretty curious to see what your tags look like, but more than anything, I'd just like to see more artwork from you! Really awesome work, zappyspiker.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Thanks for your comments guys! :D And yes, I promise you tags will be on the way really soon xD I've been dying to get my rusty tag skills back into action c:

I was able to find one of the tags from the broken links that I made around the start of 2015 (+first time smudging or using any advanced tools) - though that's probably the first tag I've made in like 4-5 years (so it's kinda meh haha).

no_practice_by_zappyspiker-d84vb9j.png

//UPDATES:
    c1D37b8.png

So if you didn't know I'm currently doing an artist interview which is featured this week at the Art School.
    Feel free to ask me any questions you might want to ask c:
    CLICK HERE

//PHOTOGRAPHY UPDATES:
    Went to the zoo yesterday! It's been the first time in a while since I've been able to do some photography work - so a little rusty!
    Has a few basic edits - click on the thumbnails to see the picture:

//OTHER UPDATES:

So if you're doing the Weekly Pixel Challenge you've probably already seen these.
    For those who haven't, this is the first time I've actually done anything in terms of pixel art (that's not simple pokemon fusions) from scratch so I'm a little new to this.
    So for the next little while I'll be internally crying and running around saying how to pixel art or shading.

Week 1: Filled in from silhouettes (4 colour)
    6zdBnQW.png
    >
    W63AgxD.png
    oBsapkJ.png

Week 2: Pixel Art food (8 colour)
    JEK41kT.png
    vZPXgBl.png

Last edited:

Skip Class

Years

• Ohay! It's that once in a blue moon time of the year where I actually post work. University this trimester had an even heavier load than what I have normally have gotten the last three years. However, last assignment is finishing this coming Friday and I've been planning to work on a few more bits and pieces while working on my portfolio in my break (till i get back to uni in mid-july).

//PHOTOGRAPHY:
    Here's a few of the photos I took at this year's Armageddon Expo in my hometown just last weekend!
    Click the thumbnails to see the whole image​

During the last wee while, I've been pushing my work more onto social media and have started a new Facebook Page (which is on my signature) so would be super appreciative if you could like it if you have a facebook c:

Skip Class

Years

• Im not completely dead I promise xD
    Just about to finish my final week of university ever! (Well projects technically since classes finished last week).
    So hopefully more things coming sooon - just doing a re-fix of my portfolio atm!

These are from an animation I made at university using Illustrator/After Effects.
    Wasn't really happy with the actual animation part (lack of time on my behalf), but I really liked how the visual assets turned out.

Edges are a bit sharp (I guess?) since they've been resized down from 8000px width to less than 1000px.

FdVK6PV.png

Bare with me - Currently editing that atrocious first post xD

Last edited:

Skip Class

Years
  • 1EqSB7f.png

New banners for my upcoming YouTube channels. Still in the planning stages, but reviving my old gaming channel and using my old uni YouTube and turning it into a design/ creativity channel.

Back