• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
All you pessimists :P Rumour has it around here that Pellegrini is moving to City- a good coach for once. Will be interesting to see how it works. Also apparently Falcao is going to Monaco since some billionaire bought it and wants to make it the best team in Europe by spending millions, you know, the usual.

Also Barça are 45 minutes away from winning the league unless Madrid can turn this match upside-down, they are losing 1-0 and anything but a victory would mean Barça win by default.

Years
We're English, it's natural for us to be pessimistic. :( I suspect Pellegrini will be far more successful than Mancini, who is very lucky to have kept his job this long.

No surprise Barca clinched the title, it's been the obvious conclusion for a while. Hopefully Madrid will manage a reasonable challenge next season.

I suspect Arceus17 won't be the happiest of people at the moment, a late Porto goal put them ahead in the Portuguese title race with both teams' final games probably just a formality of taking the win. It was a brilliant context for that match beforehand though, either Benfica or Porto could go top and both were unbeaten up to that point.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Years
Well, Barça did win. Who would have thought!

And so the exciting 2012-13 season ends here (well, there is still an insane fight for the Europa League spots, the CL playoff spot and the relegation, but, as long as the title fight has been concerned...).

2vxf1og.png

Ragetendo

The Angry Italian
Years
I feel a bit out of place here to be honest sinceI'm American and i watch Serie A, I'm a Milan fan, and when world cup rolls around its Teams Italia and USA. But if they lose i root for the English

Years
By contrast, I get to sit back and enjoy the rest of the season now my team's torrid one is over.

I think Norwich have a good chance in the game today and a point might be enough to keep them safe before the last game.

Years
A very entertaining day in football today. The entire coverage from Old Trafford has just been spectacular. Amazing send off for SAF.

A very good win for your lot and I think Norwich will have an easier time staying up this coming season.

Sunderland can still go down and hopefully they will.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Will watch MOTD as I missed his send off.

Has been a funny old season. Staying up without getting in the forward the manager wanted so badly, losing our best player (Ruddy) for over half of the season, only losing 4 league games at home (7, 7, 4) and now sitting 12th but fans are still calling for the sacking of Hughton. If we had Ruddy fit all season who knows where we could have finished.

Next up Citeh, we'll either do well or get smashed.

As for the relegation battle I'll be hoping for the version where Villa go down. Show us what you've got Wigan. Oh it feels good to be saying that.

Years
Hughton could have a case for keeping his job even if they went down, I think he's done a great job to get them where they are this season.

Villa will be very strong if they don't go down.

Ragetendo

The Angry Italian
Years
I've honestly been waking up late and missing Seria A, I just have to remember that sunday Milan plays. I'll prolly still miss it somehow -.-

Ivysaur

Years
I don't know which one I prefer, The Independent's front page or The Guardian's. Going to go with the latter, if only because of the "Meanwhile, on the other side of Manchester" on the corner XD

Also Watford.

Spoiler:

(British narrators are so boring, here they'd have been screaming GOOOOOLLLLLLLL GOLOGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLLLLLLLL for over 5 minutes)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Shame Brighton lost really, anyway, guess I'll support Palace in the final as I love their manager.

On the topic of finals Norwich just beat Chelsea in the Youth Cup final. Fantastic performance over the two legs.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
So, it's between Watford and Palace now. After Watford's deja vu from the Doncaster - Brentford game, I'd like to see them go up. As for the League 1 playoff final, I want to see Yeovil in the Championship, because they have never been there.

Years
Watford and Palace are the teams I wanted to be in the final the least. Many other Championship fans would want them to go up so they aren't a threat next season, but I just hate Watford's Udinese/Granada reject policy and Palace would struggle next year without Zaha. I admire Poyet's work at Brighton as well and feel they deserved it more than the other three clubs.

Oh well it should make for an interesting final regardless of who wins.

I hope Yeovil go up as well just because they have a less than illustrious history.

Ivysaur

Years
As a Spanish saying goes, "unless the weather or the authorities prevent it" (or my cold, I must add), I'll be hosting a Skype call tomorrow, at around 7:45 Greenwich, a completely random hour in which we'll talk about how extremely talented a player Torres is, how most of us hadn't been born yet when benfica played an European final for the last time, how the ref will be robbing someone off (probably) and how "UEFA Cup" just rolled off the tongue much more easily.

If anybody is interested, please do contact me via PM, VM, this thread, skype, a telegram or any way you prefer!

Years
I'll see how that develops before I indicate an interest. I'm sure I can annoy you all with my accent mwahaha.

In other news, welcome to hell Wigan, it's a shame you'll be joining us.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I'm thinking my laptop still won't be here tomorrow so that probably rules me out. To be honest even if it is I'll probably spend my evening installing stuff anyway. Would be up for it next time though.

No Survival Sunday this year then, a result which I would have snapped your hand off for after the Villa game. It is a shame as they do try to play some good stuff bit it's been coming.

Now they're down I hope McNally and Hughton get to work on signing Maloney.

Back