• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Share My Name With A Hurricane

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Oooh this kinda reminds me of the ____ the Hedgehog thread.

There's none that I can remember off-hand that had the same name as me. I tried googling Hurricane Catherine, and was given a bunch of results for Hurricane Katrina instead x.x

Years
  • I didn't see any hits for my name for an official storm, and I even tried several variations.

And I say official because what I do see (using my full name) is something about some hypothetical massive hurricane in 2026 that's supposedly going to be one of the most deadly of all time.

Okay then.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't and probably never will, haha. My name is uncommon and even if I do see it, I don't count it if it's not spelled the same.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yeeeaaahhh I doubt my name will ever be used as a Hurricane's name...

Years
  • Given my odd and not-best-known spelling of my name, it's unlikely you'd ever hear about a storm system that was named after me. I am happy my name never got used (or at least how it's spelled) because I don't want to kill innocent people with a disaster they cannot control.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Ana was used this year. lol. In 2003 it became a tropical storm and killed two people offshore. Yeah, I'm that terrifying :D

it has yet to become a hurricane tho.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There apparently was one in 1995 (ever so slightly different spelling from how I spell it, but same name anyway) that made landfall near Laos/Thailand/Vietnam. Was a Category 2 at it's peak.

Y'all remember Hurricane Sandy though?
    .....Sandy is the name of one of my sisters

And I say official because what I do see (using my full name) is something about some hypothetical massive hurricane in 2026 that's supposedly going to be one of the most deadly of all time.

Okay then.
    ....why would they already name some theoretical hurricane that won't happen if, it even does (how do you even predict something like that), a decade from now?

And you think they'd name it something scary or apocalyptic sounding.....

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • There's been a tropical storm named Kim... but other than that, I didn't find anything from my actual real name for a hurricane just yet. :c

Apparently, there's been a dozen typhoons and storms with the name of Kim. I guess it counts as far as name goes. O_o

Years
  • ....why would they already name some theoretical hurricane that won't happen if, it even does (how do you even predict something like that), a decade from now?

And you think they'd name it something scary or apocalyptic sounding.....
    ... >:( !!

Heh, it was on some random wiki site and it's pretty much the only place it's ever mentioned (at least, without linking back to that wiki as a reference, at least that I can see), so I'm guessing it was just someone writing something random. Still amuses me, though.

And yeah, something like that probably would need a scarier name.

Sirfetch’d

from what I can tell there has been no storm named after me yet and I think that's a good thing! I don't want a storm named after me because it'd be weird if it caused a lot of destruction :<

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    I couldn't find one. When I search my name Google things I am looking for the Encyclopedia lol

Back