• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A question about trainers.txt

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2019
    At first,I am a Chinese,so I can not speak English very well now,if there are some problems in the article,i hope everyone does not matter.
    OK,now,i have a question about Pokemon Essentails.
    I had added a trainer named "亚菲",like this picture:
    and i use a conditions sentence in my game:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::JINGDI,"亚菲",_I("亚菲:啊啊啊,没想到还是没胜过你…"),false,1,true)
    I thought it can work very well,but i was wrong,when I enter the game,it told me a messager:
    I do not know why,so I come here,i want to solve the problem,can you help me?Thanks very much!!!
    View attachment 70993

View attachment 70994

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I would assume that you have the wrong ID-number for the trainer.
    Make sure the entry in trainers.txt has ID-number 1.
    If it does not have a number, that means you should change it, because: No number = ID-number 0

If that is not the problem, I would assume Essentials has problems with chinese fonts, but I don't think so.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2019
    I would assume that you have the wrong ID-number for the trainer.
    Make sure the entry in trainers.txt has ID-number 1.
    If it does not have a number, that means you should change it, because: No number = ID-number 0

If that is not the problem, I would assume Essentials has problems with chinese fonts, but I don't think so.

Thank you very much for replying me!I am sorry I can not understand it very well,
    you said i gave it a wrong number,then i tried to give this trainer number 19(it is the ID-number of this trainer),but it does not work out the problem,excuse me,can you tell me how to do it?Or could you please make a example for me?Thanks very much!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Have you tried making the game using the English alphabet, and having a language pack which replaces the text with Chinese characters?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2019
    Have you tried making the game using the English alphabet, and having a language pack which replaces the text with Chinese characters?

Thank you for replying me!I have not done as you say because the Essentials I used had been translated,but they translate the scripts,not language pack .And i am very sorry that I can not understand you very well ,could you please give me a picture?Thanks very muvh!~~~

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    I guess that your error doesn't had anything with Chinese language. Maybe you solve your problem changing your command to 'pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::JINGDI,"亚菲",_I("亚菲:啊啊啊,没想到还是没胜过你…"),false,0,true)'. Post here the part of your trainers.txt where you declare JINGDI.

Thank you for replying me!I have not done as you say because the Essentials I used had been translated,but they translate the scripts,not language pack .And i am very sorry that I can not understand you very well ,could you please give me a picture?Thanks very muvh!~~~
    Maruno said about using the translation system (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Translating_the_game) and setting the Chinese as the second language. This high probably will solve all Chinese related problems.

Back