• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mind Grading My Pokemon Emerald Team?

What Would You Grade This Team?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • C

• D

• F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seeing as to how this is my first post im sorry if i do anything wrong so here it is..... Would you grade my pokemon emerald run through team? Tell me any improvements i may need or any member i should change.

Blaziken (Blaze)(Adamant +ATK -SPA)
    -Flamethrower
    -Swords Dance
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Blaze Kick

Altaria (Natural Cure)(Adamant +ATK -SPA)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fly
    -Body Slam

Heracross (Swarm)(Adamant +ATK -SPA)
    -Swords Dance
    -Megahorn
    -Brick Break
    -Rock Slide

Walrein (Thick Fat)(Quiet +SPA -SPD)
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Strength
    -Rain Dance

Sandslash (Sand Veil)(Adamant +ATK -SPA)
    -Dig
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Slide
    -Aerial Ace

Aggron (Rock Head)(Brave +ATK -SPD)
    -Iron Tail
    -Brick Break
    -Earthquake
    -Double Edge

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hi there, we have the In-Game Teamp Help section in the Battle Center for team rating, so I'm moving this over.

Since Altaria knows Body Slam, I'll assume you have access to the Emerald move tutors. Feel free to teach Blaziken Thunderpunch over Blaze Kick to cover pesky Water and Flying types. Or, I would drop Sandslash since Aggron is already playing the physical study role. Then, pick up an Electric type.

Half of your team was weak to Water (Blaziken, Sandslash, Aggron). Your team was also slow (Heracross being the fastest with 85 base speed), so a speedy Electric type like Jolteon may help. However, making the switch would make half your team weak to Ground (Blaziken, Aggron, electric type), though you do have the immunity to Ground through Altaria.

If you don't want half of your team to be weak to Electric nor Ground, add a fast Psychic type to your party (Espeon, Alakazam). Hope this helps.

This is the team builder to determine the overall team weakness https://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#909|986|1017|866|958|848|

Moved~

Years
  • Hi there, we have the In-Game Teamp Help section in the Battle Center for team rating, so I'm moving this over.

Since Altaria knows Body Slam, I'll assume you have access to the Emerald move tutors. Feel free to teach Blaziken Thunderpunch over Blaze Kick to cover pesky Water and Flying types. Or, I would drop Sandslash since Aggron is already playing the physical study role. Then, pick up an Electric type.

Half of your team was weak to Water (Blaziken, Sandslash, Aggron). Your team was also slow (Heracross being the fastest with 85 base speed), so a speedy Electric type like Jolteon may help. However, making the switch would make half your team weak to Ground (Blaziken, Aggron, electric type), though you do have the immunity to Ground through Altaria.

If you don't want half of your team to be weak to Electric nor Ground, add a fast Psychic type to your party (Espeon, Alakazam). Hope this helps.

Moved~

Thank you very much ill probably make the changes you recommended but one question? how would i get eevee in emerald because as of right now i am playing on my android phone

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Thank you very much ill probably make the changes you recommended but one question? how would i get eevee in emerald because as of right now i am playing on my android phone

Ah yes, they were the first Electric/Psychic types I thought of. Some good ones available in Emerald are:

Manectric (Bite+Thunderbolt. It's fast and learns Thunder on its own, but not the Thunderbolt. The TM is found either through the Game Corner or a gift after completing Watson's request).
    Lanturn (Surf+Thunderbolt and decent stats. Volt Absorb is the far better ability).
    Magneton (useful Steel typing resists many types, but its movepool is lacking).
    Gardevoir (Psychic+Thunderbolt. Great choice since you can't evolve the Kadabra).

Back