• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transition animations for initiating battles not showing

Years
  • I don't know, man. If you can upload your game (a demo version) into a hosting web site, we can help you more precisely.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I don't know, man. If you can upload your game (a demo version) into a hosting web site, we can help you more precisely.

I'll see what I can do, it could take a while though.

I don't know, man. If you can upload your game (a demo version) into a hosting web site, we can help you more precisely.

Edit: I finally uploaded my game so you can take a look at it. Can I PM you the link? It isn't really close to finished and I'm not ready for the public to freely download it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I downloaded your game and the first thing I noticed is that your game is using a old version of Pokémon Essentials. Before I/we can help you, your game must to be updated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I downloaded your game and the first thing I noticed is that your game is using a old version of Pokémon Essentials. Before I/we can help you, your game must to be updated.

That's going to take a while, and the issue may fix itself in the process of updating. I will have to get back to you on this, but it may not be for another week or so.

Years
  • Sorry for the late answer, but I was too busy.
    Anyways, I think that your problem was caused by a conflict between two or more script; however I solved your problem with a simple solution.
    Into PField_Field script section, after between these lines and Graphics.freeze:
    Code:
    transitions=[
             "021-Normal01","022-Normal02",
             "Battle","battle1","battle2","battle3","battle4",
             "computertr","computertrclose",
             "hexatr","hexatrc","hexatzr",
             "Image1","Image2","Image3","Image4"
             #"Splash","Random_stripe_v","Random_stripe_h",
             #"BreakingGlass","Mosaic","zoomin",
             #"RotatingPieces","ShrinkingPieces"
          ]
          rnd=rand(transitions.length)

You have to add this code:

Code:
    alpha=0
          while(alpha<260)
            viewport.color=Color.new(0,0,0,alpha.floor)
            Graphics.update
            Input.update
            pbUpdateSceneMap
            alpha+=25.5
          end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I've opted to just upgrade to version 16, and the problem didn't show up after I ported everything over. However I did test the changes you made in the older version of my game and it fixed the transition issue. Thank you for your help!

Back