• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon rom hack ideas The Start of the Pokeballs, Evolution ban

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I have just started from hacking and know the basics of map editing and am a pretty good coder (never tried doing it in a Pokémon from hack before). I have two ideas that may sound great but do not know what to do.
    Please note these from hacks may have been done before

Idea 1: before the pokeball.

You play as a Pokémon trainer back in the times before pokeballs. Many news article a are being posted about silph co's new invention the modern ultra great and pokeballs. Unfortunately a small company named factor have taken a keen eye to the invention and are hoping to take grasp of the precious ball before it is released. They are thinking of hacking the ball to create a new one in which they call the master's ball in which can catch any Pokémon even if it belongs to a trainer. You play as shadow, a kid who group up in a hidden part of kanto called umbra town. You live peacefully with your mum until a wild Pokémon comes running into the city. You discover it to be the legendary Pokémon according to the elder of the town and are given a level 10 geodude to go through the tall grass to another town to get help. You arrive at silph co.a and rush in exclaiming to the nearest person your town's problem. The man you meet claims to be called James Oak and agrees to come help you with the problem. When he arrives in Umbra he see's the legendary Pokémon and battles it using his high level magmar. Add the Pokemon reaches low HP he throes an ultra ball and it catches the legendary. As he begins to return to silph co. Two grunts from team factor block him. They demand the pokeballs and he refuses. He hands the legendary over to you and asks you if you would help him defeat these no gooders. You take the pokemon and defeat it. He is impressed and takes you to the boss of silph co. . And from there your journey to help develop the pokeballs begins...

Idea 2: evovirus

Ten years after red and the world of Pokémon has turned into chaos a bioweopan called the evovirus has spread around the region making every Pokemon incapable to evolve. The evil orginsation team card claims to of made the virus and admits to there being no cure. You move into red's old house. Many of red's old stuff is there including a pokeballs under the bed. With this pokeballs you find an unusual rock and you take it to professor Gary Oak. He explains how he and red stumbled across it in a cave and didn't know what it was. After many experiments he uses it on the pokemon in the pokeball. It evolves. He is so excited at this discovery he runs out the room and straight into team Card who snatch the stone. He tells you to find as many of these stones as you can then return. Unfortunately you get sidetracked and take on gyms. It is not until you hear about Gary Oak getting lost in a cave do you remember.

Just two ideas. Ideas are welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    I like the idea around a story when the Pokeball is a new invention. Is it fine if I use that as a base for my story? I'm thinking of making the main character the son of one of the researchers who made it, and there's an evil team against the idea of Pokeballs. Your dad gives you a Pokemon and Pokedex and tells you to help fill it up since it's still a new invention, etc. It's a good start.

The Evovirus is a good idea, but the getting sidetracked is kind of odd. I understand why you would put it there, but it feels a bit out of place.

Back