• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeyIMaNoob

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hi.

I have joined the forum for one reason and, one reason alone... I am selling my collection.

I apologize for my now making 4 additional posts so I may put up the bloody link.

I cannot find ANY information about this Pocket Monster Persian No. 053 foil card.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    AJ6Gu

grr...

http://imgur.com/a/AJ6Gu

BTW... The card is actually immaculate, as with the rest of my collection. Most of the cards in my current possession have never been played with and, kept in archival sleeves since 1999.

Years
  • Hi.

I have joined the forum for one reason and, one reason alone... I am selling my collection.

I apologize for my now making 4 additional posts so I may put up the bloody link.

I cannot find ANY information about this Pocket Monster Persian No. 053 foil card.

AJ6Gu

grr...

http://imgur.com/a/AJ6Gu

BTW... The card is actually immaculate, as with the rest of my collection. Most of the cards in my current possession have never been played with and, kept in archival sleeves since 1999.

The reason you can't find any information on it is that it's a fake. In fact, it's probably a sticker. The top and bottom borders are the biggest tell. The next biggest tell is the holofoil pattern on the card, which is a pattern that's never been used on any Pokemon card ever. The third biggest tell is the fact that it's even holofoil. This particular card never had a holofoil version printed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I had a feeling that was the case. The back side is really faded. I had hope after funding the backs of first and second edition starter decks had slightly different shades of blue. I had started looking at bootleg cards but. Still not seen this one.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I'e seen fake versions of a LOT of cards, not just common ones. The different shade of blue is the biggest indicator, as well as a slight size difference.

Back