• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On Fire [Ou Rmt]

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
Years
  • Intro
    I have been Playing with this Team for a while and it's Quite a Success. But i thought i needed Mods and the Publics help to Perfect the Team :) (Help will be Highly Aprreciated.I made this Team based around 3 Pokemons CB Scizor + MixMamoswine + CroGyara. I was surfing the Net late Night and I found this Combo that D_A posted in in HIs Strategy Thread.I got Inspired Straight away , So i gave it a Go. However i have been finding Serious Problems with the Following Opposition Pokemons

• -Any type of Celebi (Mostly Defensive)
      -all 3 Sets of Entry Hazards from Opposition
      -Starmie could be very Annoying too
      - and any other ones you Spot lol
    260-2.png
    135.png
    130f.png
    392-1.png
    212f-1.png
    473-1.png

Sets

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    I wished to use a different lead, but I can't exactly find one without changing the team. Swampert's been reliable as a Stealth Rock set up lead for me, countering those Metagross leads. Speaking of Metagross, some people are ridiculously predictable, Stealth Rocking first turn, attacking on the following turn and Exploding on the third turn. Don't worry, i Just Quake this Mudha to Death when i Predict Explode i go to Gyara. The EV spread allows Swampert to survive an Adamant LO DD Outrage from Salamence, The - Spa Evs are for More Power Hydro Pump which really , really Helps taking out forretress and Skarm.

Stealth Rock is almost essential as it helps weaken Zapdos and Gyarados, allowing them to be put into Lucario's kill range. It "checks" Salamence and puts it into Scizor's Bullet Punch kill range.

Roar is just there to Rack up some SR Damage and kill a Pokemon if the Enemy is stupid enough to See. It also Helps me Predict the Enemies Switch ins.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/128 Def
    Timid nature (+Spd, forgt other one lol)
    - Thunder Bolt
    - Hidden Power Grass/Ice
    - Shadow Ball
    - Baton Pass
    ---
    Well , Well , Well not much to say about him but he tends to surprise my opponnets a lot with all the damage it causes. Basically if my opponnet doesn't have a Blissey in play, this guy can have a party.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP/236 Def/20 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Waterfall
    ---
    What hasn't Gyarados done for me besides surviving a pure special Thunder attack? Pretty much everything, he's my initial switch-in on pretty much every physical threat in the game. He's also my status absorber. I prefer running Dragon Dance over Avalanche just because I feel Avalanche is only useful for Salamence while Dragon Dance has helped me in tight situations in previous teams, having the ability to sweep.

My gyarados has earned the name Demigod because he dances in his sleep just for me :). (The monster in the picture is dancing just in case lol)

Infernape @ expert belt
    naive
    188 Spd, 252 Sp atk, 68 sp def
    nasty plot
    flamethrower
    HP ice
    vacuum wave
    ---
    MONKEY PWNAGE. my main special sweeper that pwns almost anything. i didnt go with 252 speed because theres not much that it lets me outspeed that I cant take down with vacuum wave, and the Sp def means jolteon can't KO me with thunderbolt or things like celebi's earth power or Zapdos' thunderbolt (id like to know if these pokemon can still KO with the sp def evs). Anyway, i use nasty plot when I get the chance and sweep like a broom. if they send something in like aero or DD tyranitar, i can always kill them off with vacuum wave (IDK if vacuum wave is a OHKO though, itd be nice to know).

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    ---
    Scizor is step one in my favorite Pokemon's list.(Whose Not?) A deadly revenge killer as you have all witnessed through the raw power (4th strongest non Sucker Punch). The moveset is too standard to be explained, but it helps weakne teams down one by one from Stealth Rock and U-turn, while Pursuit, though rarely used, can hurt anything that flees, most notably Latias and Cresselia. Scizor backs up Tyranitar in the trapping department, as well as adding insurance against Salamence and a decent Grass resist too.

THis was originally built to survive HP Fire from Celebi after SR and Seed, but I went with this instead. 0 Speed allows me to underspeed other Scizors and out U-turn/Superpower them.

Mix Mamo @ Life Orb
    Snow Cloak : Naughty
    EVs: 252 Attack / 232 Speed / 20 Special Attack
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Blizzard
    - Stone Edge
    ---
    Mamoswine with Blizzard has excellent potential at wall breaking. Blizzard 2HKOes Skarmory and Weezing, who Mamoswine would othrwise have big problems with. It also is Mamoswine's best move against physical Ground-type pokemon and physical Grass-type pokemon like Tangrowth, Celebi, Donphan, and Gliscor. Ice Shard and Earthquake are used to sweep, while Stone Edge can be used to provide coverage.

There is the Team , Like i said Help is Highly aprreciated. ( I ran out of Time so It's a bit Quick and is My First Rmt so i really didnt Bother with Threat List and all that Fancy Stuff Maybe Next Time ! :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Just Max HP and Defense on Swampert.

And uhh.... 4 Def / 252 Sp Att / 252 Speed on Jolteon (I'm assuming your spread is a typo ;x)

Infernape does not need Sp Def EVs, pure special verisons should just run max speed / max special and a Timid Nature. Why use Naive when you have no physical attacks?

244 Atk / 64 SpA / 200 Spe on Mamo which 2HKOs the standard Skarmory with Blizzard.

I might come back later for threats.

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
  • Thanks Aura , i was running naive couple a days ago for close combat to f up Blissey . And thanks for the new Ev Spreads!

And yh it would be Great if you would Comeback with a Threat List. :)

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • Hmm... Like you said, Celebi could do some damage, combined with Blissey, but you have Gyarados who can eat status problems. The one thing I would really worry about is a Heatran/Celebi combo. Once Celebi paralyzes everything(aside from Gyara) and then Grass Knot both of your bulky waters, Heatran gets in and has a field day. Not suggesting a total rework of the team, just a suggestion to watch out for. :) Otherwise, very well thought out, and aside from the slightly miscalculated EVs, I say great job.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I don't see the point in Special attacker Ape if you have jolteon. Jolteon is faster anyway, and hits a lot harder with tbolt.

My suggestion would be to run a more physically based Infernape. Flare Blitz does loads Celebi or heck, if you make it a mix with more phys than sp. att running over heat would still do wonders to the stupid thing. The great thing about it as well is how it throws people completely. Lots... I do mean lots.. of Gyara's have come in on my Ape, thinking it was mix and takes a Stone Edge to the mouth, which usually KO's (if I get SR + a bit of damage on it to begin with when it switches in on my CC or something).

It could also run Mach Punch which acts as good priority. I've however opted for U-Turn as a GREAT scout, it helps check out those CeleTran combos. Especially when you throw in Ape, on Celebi and it switches to Tran to defend. Makes excellent bait which allows you to switch to something to counter act it completely.

So here's my suggestion,
    Infernape @Life Orb
    Naive / Hasty
    252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Overheat

That's all I have for now. Give it a shot, tell me what you think.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see how defensive Celebi is a problem since Jolt pretty much counters it; it can't do more than 23% damage to Jolt, and Jolt is immune to TWave. Though, offensive has to be played around. So, to fix your entry hazard weakness you could use LO Starmie > Ape with Hydro Pump or Surf / Rapid Spin / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam or Recover, with Pump it usually OHKOs and 2HKOs offensive and defensive Rotom-A, respectively, but Surf always 2HKOs any Rotom. Also, you can use an EV spread of 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD for Gyara, which helps it never get 2HKOed by no SpA Celebi's Grass Knot with SR and SS damage (it deals 33% max), it always survives a +2 Grass Knot from Ape after SR (idk with SS, it depends if SS hurts Gyara before Lefties heals), and the rest goes into Def which also helps him survive a CC + SE (with SR) from physical Ape. Oh, and 248 HP lets it take less from SR damage. Star > Jolt leaves you slightly more Ape / Star weak because you can no longer revenge kill, you have more problems with Rotom-C, etc (there was another thing I was going to say but forgot :().

Also, use 232 Atk / 76 SpA / 200 Speed as Mamo's EV spread, the EVs guarantee that you 2HKO specially defensive non-Lefties Skarm with Blizzard, and has a higher chance of 2HKOing defensive Rotom (all with SR). Speed helps outrun Jolly Tar and 36 Speed Celebi / Zapdos.

Test it and see if anything works or if that left some new weaknesses, nice team otherwise.

Back