• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my first competitive team

Years
  • This is my first competitive team, i have finished IV breeding 5/6 of the Pokemon and would like feedback before I proceed to train them.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Lonely
    EVs: Atk 252/ Spd 252/ HP 4
    -Pursuit
    -Ice Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Brick Break

The purpose of weavile on my team would to be a good lead, pursuit those who switch out and deal heavy damage if they have a Physic or Ghost lead.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: Atk 252/ Spd 252/ S.Atk 4
    -Earthquake
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Outrage

I'm using Salamence obviously to sweep, I wanted him to have both physical and special attacks in case he is confronted with a Pokemon with a very high defense in either regular or special defense and the move set is to give him good use of STAB.

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 252 HP/ 127 S. Def/ 127 Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Trick Room
    -Explosion
    -Rapid Spin

The purpose of my Claydol is to temporarily stall the opponent while setting up stealth rock, rapid spin if needed then set up a trick room for Metagross, my next pokemon. If a situation gets tight explosion is there.

Metagross @ Wide Lens
    Nature: Quirky
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 S.Atk/ 4 HP
    -Meteor Mash
    -Hammer Arm
    -Flash Cannon
    -Physic

I gave Metagross wide lens to boost his accuracy on those more inaccurate moves like Meteor Mash and Hammer Arm. The moveset give him good use of stab and allows him to attack Physical and Specially defensive pokemon.

Milotic @ Shell Bell
    EV's: 200 HP/ 196 Def/ 114 S. Atk
    Nature: Gentle
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam

My milotic happens to have extremely good IV's 31 HP, 30 Sp. Defense, 29 Defense. This moveset allows him to rest (activating his ability Marvel Scale) this will give him a 50% defense boost while hes asleep which makes up for his average defense stat. Sleep talk obviously gives him the ability to attack at random while asleep giving a threat to the opponent. Milotic could be used to lure out electric types which can be deal with by the next team member.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Stealth Rock
    -Sucker Punch

The sole purpose of Dugtrio is to take care of powerful electric threats to Milotic. A choice banded, STABed Earthquake should take care of a major electrical threat. Dugtrio could also trap and kill major fire threats to Metagross being out sped by very few pokemon.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • This is my first competitive team, i have finished IV breeding 5/6 of the Pokemon and would like feedback before I proceed to train them.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Hasty
    EVs: Atk 252/ Spd 252/ HP 4
    - Fake Out
    - Taunt
    - Counter

- -Night Slash

The purpose of weavile on my team would to be a good lead, pursuit those who switch out and deal heavy damage if they have a Physic or Ghost lead.

The anti-lead set will be more effective in shutting down SR and other set-up leads. Fakeout, Taunt and Counter are all pretty annoying when played correctly.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Nature: Naive
    16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe

-Earthquake
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Outrage

I'm using Salamence obviously to sweep, I wanted him to have both physical and special attacks in case he is confronted with a Pokemon with a very high defense in either regular or special defense and the move set is to give him good use of STAB.

Change up those EVs and Nature. Jolly lowers special attack, so Naive is preferred, and the EVs should favor special attack since it needs that extra power to get past its usual physical counters.

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA

-Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    - Earth Power
    - Shadow Ball / Psychic / Toxic

The purpose of my Claydol is to temporarily stall the opponent while setting up stealth rock, rapid spin if needed then set up a trick room for Metagross, my next pokemon. If a situation gets tight explosion is there.

Trick Room is totally out of place on this team since only one pokemon benefits from it. You'll pretty much just end up screwing yourself over in the long run. Claydol isn't the best for OU battles, but meh.

Metagross @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
    Nature: Naughty
    252 Atk / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
    -Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - HP Fire / Shadow Ball
    - Grass Knot / Shadow Ball

I gave Metagross wide lens to boost his accuracy on those more inaccurate moves like Meteor Mash and Hammer Arm. The moveset give him good use of stab and allows him to attack Physical and Specially defensive pokemon.

If you're going to try mix Meta this is probably you're best bet. These moves give much better coverage.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
    Nature: Calm

-Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam

My milotic happens to have extremely good IV's 31 HP, 30 Sp. Defense, 29 Defense. This moveset allows him to rest (activating his ability Marvel Scale) this will give him a 50% defense boost while hes asleep which makes up for his average defense stat. Sleep talk obviously gives him the ability to attack at random while asleep giving a threat to the opponent. Milotic could be used to lure out electric types which can be deal with by the next team member.

K.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Aerial Ace / Pursuit

- Sucker Punch

The sole purpose of Dugtrio is to take care of powerful electric threats to Milotic. A choice banded, STABed Earthquake should take care of a major electrical threat. Dugtrio could also trap and kill major fire threats to Metagross being out sped by very few pokemon.

K.

Changes are in bold.

This team is gonna have a lot of problems with DD Gyarados and Salamence since you don't have much insurance against them. Swords Dance Scizor and Lucario also tear through you like nothing. Dugtrio isn't very reliable for revenging fast sweepers or sweepers with priority. Choice Scarf Jirachi can handle all of these threats, so consider adding it > Milotic, which doesn't contribute a whole lot to this team.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    lol, I want to try that 252 attack/sp. attack Metagross now.

Slight suggestion in the form of a question: What if it had Rock Polish? Would it be able to outrun many Pokemon?

Years
  • thanks for the advice i was wondering how a Curse Cradily would work in place of claydol, Swords Dance Lucario in place of metagross, and Blastoise in place of dugtrio as a spinner since for some reason i just dont like starmie

Back