• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GTS Traded Message

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    While you seek desire pokemon or just filling your pokedex, do you consider follow the other player's request such as what a adamant aegislash or shiny pokemon that they looking for or anything they want in particular or you just take your looking for and completely ignore their message and get on your pokemon live, then feel guilty inside by just giving away the other player's requested mon without special request.

Do you ever fulfill their messages in GTS or just ignore and go on with little or nothing care in the world? I particularly ignore since they can train their pokemon anyway or no care at all

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • I find it rude to ignore a request. Yes, they can just as easily look for one themselves. Yes, they can just use it anyways if it's just in game only. Yes, they can just breed it (assuming it's breedable) to get whatevee they are desireable.

But does it make it right just because of that? Not necessarily.

Of course, in some cases (asking for a shiny for a normal random Pokemon), it's wrong on their end. But remember, there is a person on the other side and you've just disappointed them by appearing greedy and uncaring to them.

Is it frustrating to have someone do it to you? Yes.

For the main question: I don't really trade on the GTS, but I always respect requests when I do.

To Blue Yveltal, I apologize if it feels like this is aimed at you; it is not. I used to be this way on Wonder Trade when Y first came out (pumping junk that I had recieved back into it based on how lazy I felt about releasing them). But you always have to remember you're doing this with a real person, not some sort of robot.

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I know I'm just wee greedy to get what I want without fulling the message and get on with my life, and yes people can still look for themselves or breed endlessly to get that I also throwing junk pokemon to Wonder trade and may get some egg moves mons (breeded) or probably junk mons (like zizagoon or already caught mons)

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't care about whatever message or request they write on the GTS. Asking for shiny or perfect IVs? I don't give a damn. The species/level/gender they want is all I will ever consider.

You see, these people who are asking for additional things over the GTS are better off searching in forums and trade shops to get exactly what they want. They should be aware that anything else from species/level/gender is not supported by the GTS system and thus be aware of the consequences if their additional requests were not met. Ignorance is never an excuse.

Some of the few trades in GTS that I encountered:
    - An Electivire w/ masterball asking for a 6iv Ditto? I traded a random friend safari Ditto I caught.
    - A shiny Raikou asking for a shiny Mienfoo? I traded a normal lv14 Mienfoo I found past Battle Chateau.
    - A lv100 Groudon asking for a No Guard Machoke? Well lucky him, that was the first thing I found in the safari. Traded it.

Even if I turned a blind eye and stayed away from those trades above, chances are someone else will do what I did anyway. Considering the other person's additional requests is good and all, but if you are the one who will deposit something and "rely" on a message saying "shiny please" or "5-6iv plz", then I advise you to question your naive outlook in life.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I prefer to be the one making the requests, which is why I usually avoid looking for Pokemon on the GTS. The only exception is when I try to find a specific one that can easily be spammed on the GTS for great success (or when I'm on a sniping tour). Usually, I'd say that you should always try to fulfill others requests, however the GTS lacks a certain benefit to actually make it worth your while.

Whenever I make a request, I would also make that little "signature bit", how I like to call it, as professional as possible. Usually a greating message with a smiley suffices. If I don't get what I want, then I at least didn't lose anything, since I made sure beforehand, that what I offer is easily replicable for me.

Did I ever give someone something that doesn't fit their request? Probably. Sometimes when I'm on a quick run for a cheap deal, I focus more on the Pokemon I'm looking for and the species they are requesting. If I have the species then I try to get the trade done as quickly as possible, so no time to for reading the text below :P

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I completely ignore the message, honestly. Idc if it's rude or mean, but if I have the Pokémon they want, and it matches their gender/level qualification, I'm gonna trade it.

I personally use the message space to give more details on the Pokémon I have up for trade, such as nature, IVs, or any in-demand egg moves. I find that I get trades much faster that way, too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I try to respect their message, but if they are being unreasonable (asking for a shiny fully evolved pokemon for a poochyena) I give them a taste of reality by giving them my all 0 IV garbage >:)

Rantiki

Champion of SEN Children
    Years
  • I am of the generation that would fulfill requests made in both the GTS officially sanctioned parameters and any additional ones. If there terms are unacceptable to me I just wouldn't trade.

I try to treat people at all times like I would wish to be treated, I find that only at limited times in my life has this being met with negativity or nastiness. Mostly I find this philosophy seems to get the best of people, maybe they don't want to disappoint me, maybe it's because as my friends tell me there is very little kindness or consideration in this world that when you find it, your respect it...

Who knows...for me it's hard coded, why should people treat me well if I don't do the same :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If I have what they are looking for I absolutely will give it to them if I don't need it (otherwise it will just be in my box collecting virtual dust) but stuff tends to go so quickly that if I don't have what they want, I'll just trade the closest thing I have to what they want otherwise I may not get what they are offering again.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I'm onto you, Walter.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1915.JPG
      IMG_1915.JPG
      54.1 KB · Views: 49
    Back