• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3rd Game or Sequel Speculation

What would you like to see in Generation VI after Pokémon X and Y?

• Total voters

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
  • And so the thread of speculating Pokémon Z or Pokémon X² and Pokémon Y² of two months ago has come to the end of it's life. So now a new one begins!

What would you like to see as a third game to Generation VI? Would you like to see Pokémon Z, like Generation IV and earlier had? Pokémon X² and Pokémon Y², like what Generation V had? Or would you like something entirely different? Or don't you want another game in Generation VI after X and Y?

Feel free to discuss your opinions and your thoughts about what you'd like to see after X and Y in Generation VI.

I personally would like to see sequels to Pokémon X and Y, mainly because of how it has a chromosome-like theme to it. :)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • A remake of Ruby and Sapphire would be excellent, but if that doesn't happen, then I'd definitely prefer sequels like Black 2 and White 2, as long as 'X2' and 'Y2' differ way more than the original X and Y. Third version installments are also good, but they introduce the least amount of new content and Generations I-IV have all had them.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • I, personally, would love a sequel to the two rather than a third game. An X² and Y², as you named them.

I was skeptical of B/W² when they were first announced, honestly hoping for a third installment to Black and White. I thought that Unova would prove to be boring a second time around (apparently a Pokémon "Grey" would be fresh and innovative to me. /logic). When I finally managed to play Black 2 I found it was handled fabulously, and it was amazing to see how Unova had changed in those two short years.

Years
  • It depends on the story of X and Y, if I feel it could be expanded upon then a sequel would be nice. If not then I guess I'd prefer to relive it in a third game.

An R/S/E remake will hopefully steal all the third game/sequel's play time anyway.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, they'll be a cool next-along. But I suppose they should opt for one, central 3rd version on contrary to making a version two for both the games. I feel that way there's more equilizing, and fun. Of course, the second version has a brand new story and other stuff, but why can't they make it into a single sequel? I'd love to see that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I think this topic is a bit early but here's my prediction:

2014 Pokemon emerald remake
    2015 Third game or sequel

I don't think we can't predict if there's another kalos game, the games aren't out yet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I think it will be Pokemon Z, but I hope there are lots of differences like in B/W2

Because of the nordic mythological influences which are pretty obvious at this point, and the human organ influences, AND the 3-dimensional influence... It's kind of obvious that there will be a third legendary, and it will be snake/serpent-like, and represent the letter Z.

Years
  • I think it should be done like a mixture of Gen IV and V. They should do X and Y, then release a Ruby or Sapphire or both remake, then release Pokemon Z or something.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • For some reason I think that if they do decide to remake Ruby and Sapphire then they will come before the third game/sequel, possibly in 2014.

So something like;

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake - 2014
    Third Game - XY 2015?

Years
  • X and Y aren't out yet, and we're thinking about sequels?! Madness, I say!
    Having said that, I'm hoping for a third game (maybe Z), because I don't really want X2 and Y2 or whatever.
    Still, Ruby/Sapphire remakes would be greatly appreciated at this point. Much more so than 'Z'. The games would look AMAZING in the style of X and Y, in my opinion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Who knows what will be next, it may come up to what they want to sacrifice to make what comes next better. If they want the remakes to be the best of the generation they'll come last, or if they want the third version to be it'll come last.
    I think it'll be Pokemon Z next.

Years
  • I can't imagine them bringing out an entirely new game next as making pokemon for the new region among other things can take a while so i can't see us getting one of those until atleast 2015, I don't know if I want a X2 and Y2 because it depends what the first versions are like as long as X and Y are good I think sequels would be successful. As for a pokemon Z i don't really fancy that, i don't think 3rd versions of a gen are very good, they just change the main legendary in the game, for example they made rayquaza the main legendary in emerald and did the same for giratini in platinum but other than that the games were essentially the same. The oly thing i can see coming out in late 2013/some time in 2014 is a gen III remake which tbh i would love to see as i thought gen III was great.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • I would really like to see sequels for this gen. I am completely sick of third games. "Oh, let's make a game that is exactly the same with slight changes." I don't want to pay for a game twice. Either make is as two and make sequels or make the third version right off the bat.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • You cant use any of the data from Gen 3. Unless you want the RSE remakes to look like GBA games.

The amount of effort, time, and money to make a RSE remake in the same style as XY would be equal to making XY. At that point, it would be more profitable to write a whole new script and call it a new game, not a old game made again.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I've posted this idea somewhere (I think it was this forum even) and I'll stand behind it because IMO it would be awesome.

X and Y embrace the theme of genetics, because of the XY genetic system. However, among a few animals, there is another genetic system: ZW, where the male sex is the homogametic sex (males are ZZ and females are ZW).

So what if Gamefreak, on top of their wisdom and drive for profit, gifts us with not only one game, not merely pure sequels, but another pair of 6th main games? They would then be called Pokémon Z and W versions. They could replicate what they did in 5th gen, but on a broader scale, since there would be another pair of main legendaries, while both sequels of BW were based on Kyurem.

It would be something completely unexpected and, if 6th gen is good, it would prolong their life a bit.

I'm personally not interested in Hoenn remakes, because it wasn't my favorite gen and it doesn't bring me the same kind of memories a remake of GS brought. And I also don't think there will be completely new games in 6th gen. If they introduce another region, it will be in 7th gen. Whether it'll be on the 3DS, that's open to speculation. I personally thought they should've made BW on the 3DS already, as a launch title, but as it turned out, BW was supposed to be a DSi gen. However, we all know the DSi was a bit of a flop, because it wasn't much better than the DS and it was born obsolete. Gamefreak knew this and made BW compatible with all DS versions, although enhanced on the DSi (bike around Nimbasa on both handhelds and you'll see the difference in framerates).

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    A lot of people have come up with ZW versions as the third version alternative. Assuming Xerneas and Yveltal have their basis in Norse mythology, I can see Z's legend being Jormungandr- or Nidhogg-based while W's is based off Yggdrasil.

Personally, what I'd like to see would be a situation similar to the first generation's japanese releases, with Z and W released separately. Z would function as semi-typical third version (I don't think there'll be a complete return to form at this point, but maybe we'll get like a third version-sequel hybrid), and W... would be based off the anime. The PCs would be based on Ash and Ash's theoretical new female companion (who would seem to be an OC before W's reveal), and in the english translation special note would be taken of the fact that Yggdrasil is, in fact, an ash tree.

And now that I have perpetuated that pun I am done

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    It depends on the content of the games to be honest. I think that logically, Black 2 and White 2 made more sense than a Gray. On the other hand, Emerald made more sense than a Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2. It depends on the story content of X and Y.

Splintey

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    If the games are actually named after the whole DNA chromosome thing then a Z Version would be a bit odd but I want a third game anyways, aswell as the RSE remake since Ruby was my first pokemon game

Back