• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Formula One Discussion Thread

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • I must say, I chuckled loudly when I heard "Massa, Bottas is faster than you". Understandably Massa got beserk and flipped his own team after that.

Anyway, this season is shaping up as a Mercedes walk in the park while Alonso and Red Bull fight for the third place, with the Ferrari more reliable but the Red Bull faster if they don't bathplug the entire weekend in the most ridiculous way.

(Psst Horner, it's okay if you put your most incompetent pit crew on Webber's side, but you could have got a new team for the #2 car once he left).

Years
  • Well both iPlayer and Sky Go are useless so I can't watch the full race catchup. I decided just to spoil the result for myself in the end. What a disappointingly slow start for Kimi this season. :(

I really hope one of the teams develops their car positively soon so we don't have Mercedes dominance all season.

Years
  • Indeed it is, but preferably we won't have any team being overly dominant for once this year.

We need at least a two way fight for the constructors this year.

Years
  • Okay, so the Bahrain GP has come and gone and we all know Bernie Ecclestone's position on the whole engine noise opinion. We REALLY know where he stands and so does Luca di Montezemelo, the head of Fiat. Personally, the reason Ferrari and Red Bull are crying about the rules is because they aren't winning.

I missed the race because I rarely wake up on Sunday mornings, but I heard from BBC sport that the race was good, despite Mercedes kicking everyone's asses again.

Years
  • Well the Mercedes dominance continues...

I think the only fun we might have this season is watching Vettel throw his toys out of the pram at every race such as today.

On the plus side, I actually managed to watch today's race live due to very unusually waking up early and having temporary Sky access.

Ivysaur

Years

• Vettel acting as a spoiled brat. Oh how much I had wanted to see this.

Also the checkered flag man ending the race two laps earlier. That's a job well done.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hahaha I hate Vettel so much more now, it's so much fun to watch him without the best car. Pleased for Hamilton, 3 wins on the bounce very much justifies his move from McLaren now. I am biased being English and all but I tend to think Lewis is one of the most naturally gifted drivers on the grid along with Alonso.

Ivysaur

Years
  • Ferrari once spent two decades being crap though, until the mid 90's. One of his former drivers, Luca Badoer, has the record for most starts without a single point to his name.

Years
  • I suppose, but this current run since '07 is still fairly disappointing. At least they haven't fell down nearly as badly or as long as Williams have in recent years though.

Ivysaur

Years
  • Well, 2 second places in the WDC and one in the WCC are poor if you look at them expecting a Schumacher-era performance, but remarkably good if you consider how terrible they managed to be in the 80's.

Like, 2012-Williams bad, except the one or two fluke wins they scored every year put them much higher in the championship that they would nowadays, since points were much more scarce those days.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, 2 second places in the WDC and one in the WCC are poor if you look at them expecting a Schumacher-era performance, but remarkably good if you consider how terrible they managed to be in the 80's.

Like, 2012-Williams bad, except the one or two fluke wins they scored every year put them much higher in the championship that they would nowadays, since points were much more scarce those days.

Unfortunately I grew up in the Schumacher era so that's the Ferrari I always imagine I guess. :P

Of course you're right though and as I've said they've certainly not been anywhere near as poor as previous big teams like Williams and even McLaren last year. A seven year drought of championships is still somewhat disappointing though.

Back