• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Desolate Version

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
Years
  • Hi there, and welcome to my first hack in like two years.

Pokemon Desolate Version is a dark take on Fire Red, with a new story, villans, rivals, characters and new Pokemon.

You play as a young trainer, starting off on your journey with your friends Maria and Daniel, together you must take on the 8 gyms, the league and beat off the evil team, all whilst trying to stop the end of the world.

The dark take kicks in with the characters and story. It contains swearing, violence, death and other adult themes. Some of the characters you meet in game may come back later on, and some may not make it to the end of the game.

Overall the hack is still in early stages, but I have put together an early demo for you all to try out!
    Please read the README in the demo, it will explain a few things

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Tools and Resources used:
    MrDS Rom base
    G3HS
    Advance Map
    Advanced Series
    Complete Item Editor
    Hopeless Trainer Editor
    Quick Research & Development Thread
    Diegoisawsome's + RaiRai-Kun's XSE tutorial

Special thanks to:
    JoeXV
    Vendily
    Youmu
    hashtag
    NightwingJay
    Thank you guys for your help with scripting, turns out I am really bad at it and this would be a mess without you all!

Download the Demo here!

BETA 1.0 COMING SOON
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • So like Pokémon Green then?

The screenshots sometimes aren't showing that much - Eevee usually evolves into a usual-looking Sylveon, and there are patches for this - so it might be worth updating those at some point. Anyway, this could be interesting if it diverges significantly from previous attempts at such, more 'edgy' re-makes, such as horror-themed games, Snakewood, and so on. A Pokémon version of Game of Thrones could be enjoyable in some way, at the least.

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
    Years
  • The screenshots sometimes aren't showing that much - Eevee usually evolves into a usual-looking Sylveon, and there are patches for this - so it might be worth updating those at some point. Anyway, this could be interesting if it diverges significantly from previous attempts at such, more 'edgy' re-makes, such as horror-themed games, Snakewood, and so on. A Pokémon version of Game of Thrones could be enjoyable in some way, at the least.

I'm going to add new screenshots and stuff as it gets more developed, hopefully I'll be able to make it more interesting or at least a little different than the others, something newer, but will all the hacks out there I'm guessing its going to seem a little familiar to some.

Did you change Venusaur's name to Viralgon?
    Venusaur is still in the game, that was a very early test. I've added some fakemon into the game, including new starters, which viralgon is the final evolution of.

Back