• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Zincite Version

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
MQZf0NAh.png

Pokemon Zincite

Pokemon Zincite my first game. This hack is still in progress but is expected to be done in the Autumn of 2017. This game is still in it's earliest stages so all pictures you see will be revised before the release.

Weekly Updates:
Spoiler:

The Story
Living in the region of Kyoto, the Player has just turned 10. As traditional in major pokemon trainer families, this is the age to get your first pokemon. Your father, being gone, is not there to give you your first pokemon as he had wished. Your mom honors him by giving you and your friend a choice at your first pokemon. You can pick one of three. Portum, Bovemma, and Natacca. You and your friend/rival then grow up the next few years with this new pokemon. Finally you get a letter from Kyoto's famous professor Redwood. He says he remembers your father, a very renowned trainer, and wishes for you to come by his lab. You meet your friend to say bye when you realize he was given a letter too. The both of you bid your families goodbye and set out to the professor. Redwood gives you a pokedex and sends you on your quest to become a pokemon master. As you progress through your journey, you meet a new threats to the pokemon world.
Team Impera.
An order founded by a man named Gus. They worship the lore behind the ancient pokemon Zingon who's power is said to have destroyed a super continent long ago forming the regions we see today. They are dedicated and seem to go to great lengths to show their loyalty to their cause. Their leader however seems more determined to find the answer to who he is. They face off against their mortal enemies.

Team Libera.
An ancient brotherhood dedicated to rebuilding what was before Zingon's attack that destroyed the super continent. They seek guidance from the pokemon Ammolia who was thought to be the protector of humans long ago. While the team members only want to bring peace back to the pokemon world their leader Richard wants nothing but to see team Impera brought to an end.

Features
  • Completely new pokedex of 151 original pokemon
  • New region of Kyoto
  • Two new enemies to face
  • Expansive post Game Story

Screenshots:

IhX91fP.png

Player room
LX1sBQa.png

Magnolia Town
WerqRgA.png

Maya City
XxWa5yd.png

Crystal Caverns
BC91fhF.png

Thistle City
NxQUMz0.png

Phylite Village
wF2xRPq.png

Hawthorne City

Demos
Spoiler:

Pokemon Sprites

xzlvAgRb.png
MhKys9rb.png
2ScTJqDb.png

#001 Portum Type:Grass///#004 Bovemma Type:Fire///#007 Natacca Type:Water

For the Poll:

To Be Updated for new poll

Please post any questions or comments below​

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
There's some work to be done. Good luck.
I think a couple of those sprites could use some work.(but then again look who's talking)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I hate to be a debbie downer here, but judging by the screenshots there's a fair bit to improve about your mapping and spriting. I want to go through the screenshots one at a time, because there are a few things specific to each of them that I feel could be improved.

As an aside, I'd recommend you upload the screenshots to imgur or Photobucket and link them directly using PC's tag rather than uploading them as attachments. It makes them look nicer, it doesn't shrink them, and you can place them side by side.

[IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78998&d=1466473714
Right off the bat, I'm confused about the player sprite. Is that a boy or a girl? What's up with his/her head - it appears to have red and white stripes on the top and I'm not sure what they represent. There's also a black band running diagonally across the face and body, what's that all about?
Assuming you do have a design for this character planned out in advance, I'm not saying you should ditch that and restart, but taking some time to improve your spriting to make it clear what each thing is meant to represent would go a long way.

As for the map, you've declined to use any kind of transition tile between the carpeted (green) tiles and the wooden floors. This is something I wouldn't recommend, because it looks jarring and you can use
C1LTKuf.png
this tile right next to the wooden floor to make a nicer transition. Also, you appear to have left out the top of the bed, which makes it look a little strange.

From a room decorating standpoint, I'm wondering what's the purpose of having the console so near to the table? And why the table at all? Judging by the lack of an exit door I'm going to guess this is the player's room, and that makes me wonder why the table is there at all. I could understand there being, say, a desk with a computer, but I don't believe most bedrooms would have a living room table in them. Why two chairs? Is this not a single person's bedroom? Do they need two chairs at a single table?

Onto the next screenshot. Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, this is gonna be a wall of text because I still haven't earned myself that damn Shut Up Emblem.

attachment.php

First thing I notice is that the sprite is different! That's good, I can understand it a bit better and it's easier to tell what's what. The one thing I'd still recommend is shading the hair a little differently. Take a look at how the hair on default FRLG sprites are shaded - it's not all one color. Try using some dark grays mixed in with the black and it'll look a little nicer. Alternatively, look at the screenshot in my signature, which features a black-haired protagonist. Notice how the shading is done on the hair.

As for the map itself, you've positioned the character in a way that I can't really see much, but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you made that path tile just by recoloring the FRLG 'sandy path' tiles, and it really doesn't look too good. Snowy roads, while they are snowy just like your road tiles, are most certainly not blue.

attachment.php

Ah. Now, here we have a bit of a problem. For one thing, you've again not used a transition tile between the grass and the sand. You're looking for this tile. Use the left-center bit in this case.
Hv7ny6L.png

Next up. While I try not to be a stickler for tile usage because - unlike mapping errors - it's really not written in stone, I still feel compelled to inform you that that water tile on the right is - in FRLG at least - used for the deep non-surfable and non-accessible water that borders the map. The normal surfable water that you probably meant to use looks like this.
YdQ4BL8.png

Thirdly, the roof of that building doesn't really have a border. Try putting a thin grey line on the edge of the white roof. Here, I made it for you in this screenshot. See the difference?
TF4vHJG.png

attachment.php

That's really... not how those mountain tiles work. Traditional FRLG mountain tiles can't collide like that. It's a little hard to explain, but take a look at some of the Game Freak maps and notice that the mountains don't ever run underneath each other like you've done. I've circled it here.
YsEQ3ED.png

Also, if those blue mountains are meant to represent ice, they don't look the best. Why not try using these tiles instead? They're in Tileset 38 on Firered, and you can see them in use in the Seafoam Islands.
PEGqjkM.png

I'm not really sure what the grey tile is supposed to be, or why you didn't just fill it in.

I don't really have much to say about the next screenshot, so onto #6!

attachment.php

What? What is all these stuff? What are these crazy hedges? Is the mayor of this village Poison Ivy? What's up with those houses? Are they made of gravel? Do they have straw for roofs? Why? This is what the tiles make me thing you intended that house to look like, and I hope I'm wrong.
Spoiler:

And yes I did open Minecraft and build that house just so I could make a point.
Straw roofs are fine. Houses made of gravel are... arguably less fine, but I've suspended disbelief at this point anyways. But the tiles themselves are pretty abysmal in this map, so if that is what they're supposed to be, it's not very clear.

Alright, I think I'm done. There are two more screenshots, but I'd be repeating myself at this point. tl:dr, the tiles need a lot of work, and many of the map layouts are either full of technical errors or make no logical sense. Frankly, none of these things are particularly hard to fix, so please don't take this to mean 'omg rainbow hates my hack' because if you take a few hours or days to understand and research some of the things I've mentioned, every aspect of your hacking will improve significantly. I wish you the best of luck :)

I'm certainly not the best communicator and it's very late right now so please let me know if anything I've said was unclear.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Thank you very much Rainbow! We will work on our mapping and sprites this week. We are always open to constructive criticism and always look for opportunities to make our game better. After we revise and fix those things we would love to hear any other notes you have for us. Thank you again!

Turjo12

The King
Years
Finally, I have waited so much time for this hack and It is finally here.:):):)
Good idea to restart the hack and make the base Pokemon FireRed.:)

Good job starting it again, I hope you guys will succeed this time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 25, 2017
I see that this game has potential to go forward as the plot looks fresh. i am new to rom hacking but if i can join your team or i can help you in any other way feel free to tell me( this will benefit me too as i will gain experience) good luck ;D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
Your maps aren't really that good, there's a couple of tile errors and the maps just don't appeal to me. Some of the sprites too need some work. The story is good, but not unique. Do you plan to add a couple of fakemons? Or do you plan to add Gen IV-VI pokemon too?

Other than that, I wish you good luck!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Hey Mugdho01 its nice to hear from you again thanks for the continued support and now this thread should be getting regular updates

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
alright soulcleaver if you could design some maps and fakemon and email them to us and they're good me and my partner will talk about letting you join our team i'll pm you my email

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Well Nerdistic we'll be adding entirely new fakemon as for the story it goes much deeper than that but adding anymore might spoil something thanks for the good wishes

Back