• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monkey Business

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Team Monkey Business

Hola, welcome to another RMT of mine. I made this team with my ex-tutor Scofeild cause I was at a wall as far as making reasonable teams went, and I needed one for WCOP. This team is centered around a Swords Dance Infernape sweep for two reasons. 1) Its amazing at killing stuff 2) Infernape will be amazing when Mence is gone so I won't have to change the team too much. Anyway without further ado, here goes. I will also probably take this team on the ladder after WCOP is done.

At A Glance
    376.png
    260.png
    392.png
    130.png
    479-wash.png
    135.png

teambuilder.png

IRC Log about team building stuff + team building process

[19:54] <breloom> would you mind if we did like a sample team?
    [19:55] <Scofield> i dont know how to actually complete that team atm and i dont want to think through it
    [19:55] <Scofield> yeah sure
    [19:55] <Scofield> i dnot have any ideas atm so youll have to come up with the central concept
    [19:55] <breloom> SD Infernape/GB Gyara/LO Jolteon
    [19:56] <breloom> SD Ape is central sweeper, GB Gyara can get rid of Psychics like Starmie, Celebi as well as rotom-a and lo jotleon can get rid of that stuff as well lest CB Gyara die
    Ani392MS.png

First off, I knew I wanted to use Infernape. After making a team with a Lucario for late game sweeping, I decided Infernape would be something cool and lots of teams actually struggle with it.
    Ani130MS.png
    Ani392MS.png

Next I thought of what counters Infernape, basically Psychic-types, and fast Earthquake mons. Hmm, well CB Gyara worked well for getting rid of Lucario's counters, so I'll try him out here.
    Ani135MS.png
    Ani130MS.png
    Ani392MS.png

I discovered recently that Jolteon is really really anti-metagame. So I figured I would try it out. Its ability to keep basically the same stuff in check that Gyarados does works really well as well as its fancy ability that lets it take Thunderbolts aimed at Gyara.
    [19:57] <Scofield> hmm ok, that works well enough
    [19:57] <Scofield> ok we need to have rocks, a lead
    [19:57] <Scofield> youre weak to salamence, jolly gyarados
    [19:58] <Scofield> what else do we need?
    [19:58] <breloom> something else to absorb EQs
    [19:58] <Scofield> ah yes, youre metagross weak
    [19:58] <breloom> and something to help cover lo starmie weakness
    [19:59] <Scofield> yes, youre not too weak to that though, since you can switch around til you get jolts in on tbolt, but that can be unreliable
    [19:59] <breloom> yeah
    [19:59] <breloom> metagross is a problem tho
    [20:00] <Scofield> ok let's look at what beats it
    [20:00] <Scofield> pert, rotom
    [20:00] <Scofield> skarm
    [20:00] <breloom> i always like rotom-a
    [20:00] <Scofield> hmm probably go with scarf rotom to also handle starmie?
    [20:00] <breloom> yeah
    Ani479WMS.png
    Ani135MS.png
    Ani130MS.png
    Ani392MS.png

I noticed a bit of a Starmie weakness as well as a general weakness to <+1 Spe Base 100>. On my last team I didn't have a revenge killer and it screwed me over, so I made sure to pack one here. I had used Specs Rotom-W on another team, so I figured Scarf would be cool too. :)
    [20:01] <Scofield> also covers gyarados a bit
    [20:01] <Scofield> youre massively weak to salamence
    [20:01] <Scofield> you need a srer and a lead
    [20:01] <breloom> metagross can do both of those
    [20:01] <breloom> and its fairly bulky
    [20:01] <breloom> so can spdef skarm
    [20:02] <Scofield> ok
    [20:02] <breloom> who can beat mixmence
    Ani376MS.png
    Ani479WMS.png
    Ani135MS.png
    Ani130MS.png
    Ani392MS.png

I went with Metagross as a lead because its, imo, one of the top leads out there. Its natural bulk and high attack let it take on many leads, as well as allow it to come back in late game and absorb hits and deal out damage.
    [20:02] <Scofield> metagross can work
    [20:02] <Scofield> then you want one pokemon that can switch in on tran real well
    [20:02] <Scofield> since gyara is sr weak
    [20:02] <breloom> yeah
    [20:03] <breloom> swampert can, and it can be EV'd to survive Draco Meteors/Outrages
    [20:03] <breloom> and with protect it can scout for hp grass
    [20:03] <Scofield> also helps with ttar
    [20:03] <Scofield> who can come in on a couple things
    [20:04] <breloom> yeah
    260.gif
    Ani376MS.png
    Ani479WMS.png
    Ani135MS.png
    Ani130MS.png
    Ani392MS.png

Lastly I went with Swampert. Its really bulky too, and I need it to take out Mence. Its bulk and such help it survive Draco Meteors and other things Mence can throw at me, while I can OHKO with Ice Beam.

The Team

Leading it off....

376.png

Metagross @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SpA)
    -Stealth Rock
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Bullet Punch
    -Earthquake

.: Why this Pokemon? :.
    I picked metagross, because I wanted a pokemon that wouldn't fall to faster Taunters, was strong and durable, and could hit like a trick. Also, one that could beat Machamp. It does its job very well.

.: Moveset and EVs :. The EV set is standard, max HP to maximize overall bulk, put a bunch in attack so that it can hurt stuff, rest is mostly filler. The moveset is pretty standard except for Zen Headbutt. While it seems like an odd choice, it actually helps me. Normally I hate Psychic type moves unless they are named Agility or Calm Mind. Zen Headbutt lets Metagross handle more stuff than just Steel + Ground. I can OHKO Roserade if it tries to Sleep Powder me. (2HKO technically because of Sash but whatever) I can 2HKO Machamp, even though Meteor Mash did the same thing, but I have worse luck with it it seems. I can also do something other than be walled by Swampert leads, as Zen Headbutt will hit for more than Earthquake or Meteor Mash. I didn't pick Explosion cause I want this guy to last as long as possible.

Metagross v. Top 10 Leads according to DougJustDoug's June 2010 Stats:
    Ani482MS.png
    - Bullet Punch x 3, they almost always taunt first (i bullet punch) then use rocks (i bullet punch again) 2 Bullet punches takes it down to critical range, third one kills it off.
    142.gif
    - Bullet Punch twice, if it Taunts first turn I prevent Rocks, if not I still get it out of the way before it can hurt me.
    - Stealth Rock then use Zen Headbutt as it Roars me away, then I just play around it from there.
    Ani068MS.png
    - Zen Headbutt, if it doesn't OHKO (only has a 5% chance to OHKO or something) I use Bullet Punch and kill it off.
    Ani376MS.png
    - Usually a gentlemens agreement to use Stealth Rock first turn and I pray for a speed tie after that. Not really a problem though.
    Ani385MS.png
    - Depends on how saucy I am feeling. Sometimes I use EQ. Sometimes I use Stealth Rock. Sometimes I switch to Rotom-A anticipating the Trick.
    Ani392MS.png
    - Switch to Rotom-A or Gengar to take the Fake Out, then switch to Swampert.
    Ani291MS.png
    - Stealth Rock then Bullet Punch. For some reason they always pass to something like Tyranitar or Lucario who die to Earthquake.
    Ani407MS.png
    - Zen Headbutt + Bullet Punch
    Ani450MS.png
    - Stealth Rock, then switch to Gyarados.

Holding it together....
    260.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Protect
    - Surf

MixPert is my first way to answer Salamence. Provided it is a MixMence or a DDMence without +1, I can take it out 100% as long as Swampert is at like 86% or more HP. Otherwise, it dies. It also works well to scout Heatran and stuff for Hidden Power [Grass], making switching into SpecsTran/ScarfTran a lot easier for me.

.: Moveset and EVs :. Again, standard EVs and the moveset is fairly standard itself, only thing is this Pert doesn't have Stealth Rock. Not much to say here so moving on.

Picking up the peices....
    392.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

The real question is, "why not?" I loved Infernape back when I first started and I whorred MixApe on every team I made, y'know "coz skarmbliss." Not much has changed, I still love Infernape but I had yet to try out the SD set. Well, I am glad I did. This thing is a monster. The only thing I don't like about it is how often Stone Edge misses, when I need it to hit.

.: Moveset and EVs :. Pretty Standard. Close Combat + Fire Punch are a deadly dual STAB. Stone Edge is there to help me deal with Salamence and Gyarados. I much prefer this to SD Lucario, the only thing I wish is that I could carry 5 moves so I could bring Mach Punch!

Opening up room....

130.png

Gyarados (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Earthquake
    - Payback
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall

Choice Band Gyarados is probably any Physical sweepers best friend. If you have any amount of prediction or knowledge of the metagame, you can get rid of a teams primary Fighting-type stopper with Payback, since usually its a Ghost-type or Celebi/Starmie. The sheer power that comes off a Choice Banded base 125 Attack is incredible. Even if I mispredict I still hurt something.

.: Moveset and EVs :.
    Standard. All of it. I don't really have much to say, Payback for predicting Celebi/Starmie/Rotom switch-ins. Waterfall for STAB. Stone Edge so I can threaten Mence/other Gyarados. Earthquake for Steels/everything else.

The saving grace....
    rotomw.png

Rotom-w @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Trick
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hydro Pump
    - Shadow Ball

Rotom-W is, imo, the only Rotom-A that should ever run a Choice Item. I can just hit Hydro Pump when Tyranitar switches in and then takes them down to 46% and they are like "ffff".

Similar to the Specs set, but with more speed. Hydro Pump is great for stupid Tyranitars. Thunderbolt + Shadow Ball are cool for dual STAB. Trick can take out Blissey/Snorlax/<wall> for the most part and I usually gain some cool leftovers recovery. :)

The second chance....
    135.png

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

In my honest opinion, Jolteon is the most anti-metagame pokemon, and has been for some time. Its a very under the radar pokemon, much like offensive Suicune. But it packs a whallop. It beats so many things, I don't understand why it doesn't see more usage. I've gotten wrecked by it so many times I decided I would use it on my own team.

Thunderbolt is a great STAB move and Electric has incredible type coverage. Shadow Ball takes out Rotom-A/Gengar. Hidden Power [Grass] takes care of Swampert and hurts Gliscor pretty badly. I went with Baton Pass instead of Wish so I can lure out fast and/or bulky Earthquake users who also hurt Infernape.

---Reserved for Threat list when my internet stops being bad---

Conclusion

So thats my team and the threat list. Its served me pretty well so far, and imo its one of my best teams I've built to date. Then, again, thats not saying much. So rate/hate whatever. I will take all suggestions so long as they are reasonable and don't defeat the purpose of this team.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Really great team presentation!

But why is Gyarados Lonely? You don't have any Special Attacks (and shouldn't anyways) so just make it Adamant.
    And Gyarados, has 125 Base Attack, not 130.

Other than that, it's a very solid team that can handle most threats out there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Zen Headbutt is silly, use Meteor Mash. If Azelf almost always Taunts first like you claim, then it's much better to pick it off 85% of the time before it gets SR down. Even if they switch Azelf out of your Bullet Punch, you have at least stopped SR down temporarily, and you can get Gyarados in early on the likely Infernape/Heatran switch-in which will get you early momentum. Azelf is so hugely popular that you really can't afford to have it stop you from getting rocks up while it gets rocks up itself.

Also, I have used that same Metagross lead (with Meteor Mash >>> Zen Headbutt, lol), and I always found myself wishing that I had Explosion. Longevity isn't really a reason not to use Explosion when Metagross doesn't really last long anyway...lol, the whole point of this team is to kill before being killed, so you'll probably want a move that will take down something like Gyarados down with it instead of Earthquake which is basically limited to hitting Heatran and Infernape coming in (nearly impossible during the opening stages) and hitting Roserade and Smeargle with a 100% accurate move (though Bullet Punch does a lot to both, it probably 2HKOes Smeargle but with Roserade I'm not sure).

Also, that EV spread is like, early DP material. The Defense EVs are pretty worthless, as I'm pretty sure that they're just there for guaranteed survival of a CB Dugtrio (Adamant) Earthquake, which isn't exactly useful. You might as well just run max Attack though I doubt it would really make a difference.

As far as weaknesses are concerned, the biggest is Jolteon. Specs can at least be predicted around but the Life Orb sweeper will either sweep you or take Rotom down with it, and given how popular Gyarados and Jolteon are together, that's bad news. It's pretty hard to fix it given your team outside of recommending keeping Earthquake on Metagross, though I honestly doubt that will help. It's not an enormous problem, but it will definitely cause some damage if you're outpredicted.

Otherwise it's pretty solid. It looks to be somewhat well off against stall, though if they can get a single layer of Toxic Spikes up, you're basically going to be relying on CB Gyarados to nuke them since Infernape will get worn down VERY quickly. But if you play it right you should have a fighting chance. It would depend on the stall team, I'd imagine.

I love how this entire team resists Iron Head lol.

Lastly, if Salamence is banned, switch to ThunderPunch on Infernape. It doesn't miss all the time and will still tattoo Tentacruel and Gyarados, actually much more than Stone Edge ever would. This is especially useful for RestTalk Gyarados on stall teams, as stall often relies on that to beat Infernape. This will really help to overcome stall and you won't be relying on Stone Miss. Defensive Zapdos could be a problem but Fire Punch hits that sucker pretty hard already and will KO with some prior damage, though Roost is obviously a pain there.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Really great team presentation!

But why is Gyarados Lonely? You don't have any Special Attacks (and shouldn't anyways) so just make it Adamant.
    And Gyarados, has 125 Base Attack, not 130.

Other than that, it's a very solid team that can handle most threats out there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yeah, Lonely was my laziness cause I didn't bother to change it on team builder. *goes to fix*

Zen Headbutt is silly, use Meteor Mash. If Azelf almost always Taunts first like you claim, then it's much better to pick it off 85% of the time before it gets SR down. Even if they switch Azelf out of your Bullet Punch, you have at least stopped SR down temporarily, and you can get Gyarados in early on the likely Infernape/Heatran switch-in which will get you early momentum. Azelf is so hugely popular that you really can't afford to have it stop you from getting rocks up while it gets rocks up itself.

I mostly picked Zen Headbutt because when I do use MM I face a bagillion Swampert leads and it misses a lot for me. I guess I'll go to it, since it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also, I have used that same Metagross lead (with Meteor Mash >>> Zen Headbutt, lol), and I always found myself wishing that I had Explosion. Longevity isn't really a reason not to use Explosion when Metagross doesn't really last long anyway...lol, the whole point of this team is to kill before being killed, so you'll probably want a move that will take down something like Gyarados down with it instead of Earthquake which is basically limited to hitting Heatran and Infernape coming in (nearly impossible during the opening stages) and hitting Roserade and Smeargle with a 100% accurate move (though Bullet Punch does a lot to both, it probably 2HKOes Smeargle but with Roserade I'm not sure).

Well, the only reason I didn't want to use Explosion is because its my only Dragon resist so I didn't want to blow up early and then get owned by DD Mence. I can see where it would help though.

Also, that EV spread is like, early DP material. The Defense EVs are pretty worthless, as I'm pretty sure that they're just there for guaranteed survival of a CB Dugtrio (Adamant) Earthquake, which isn't exactly useful. You might as well just run max Attack though I doubt it would really make a difference.

I didn't really see what they were doing there either. Do you happen to know what the Speed EVs are for? I imagine its for outrunning some archaic pokemon that nobody uses in OU anymore.

As far as weaknesses are concerned, the biggest is Jolteon. Specs can at least be predicted around but the Life Orb sweeper will either sweep you or take Rotom down with it, and given how popular Gyarados and Jolteon are together, that's bad news. It's pretty hard to fix it given your team outside of recommending keeping Earthquake on Metagross, though I honestly doubt that will help. It's not an enormous problem, but it will definitely cause some damage if you're outpredicted.

Yeah, like I said, LO Jolteon is a beast. I can usually play around it, but a misplay can cost me as you said.

Otherwise it's pretty solid. It looks to be somewhat well off against stall, though if they can get a single layer of Toxic Spikes up, you're basically going to be relying on CB Gyarados to nuke them since Infernape will get worn down VERY quickly. But if you play it right you should have a fighting chance. It would depend on the stall team, I'd imagine.

Yeah, it is fairly Stall weak, and Skarmory leads really mess me up. Usually I bring in Infernape early and try to take out a wall. Toxic spikes is a pain.

I love how this entire team resists Iron Head lol.

I hate Jirachi.

Lastly, if Salamence is banned, switch to ThunderPunch on Infernape. It doesn't miss all the time and will still tattoo Tentacruel and Gyarados, actually much more than Stone Edge ever would. This is especially useful for RestTalk Gyarados on stall teams, as stall often relies on that to beat Infernape. This will really help to overcome stall and you won't be relying on Stone Miss. Defensive Zapdos could be a problem but Fire Punch hits that sucker pretty hard already and will KO with some prior damage, though Roost is obviously a pain there.

I was planning on that, since getting stopped by Tentacruel is pretty emberassing. Although, it will depend on how big of a mon Dragonite becomes if Mence gets banned, but so far I was already planning on that because Stone Edge never hits when I need it to.

Thanks for the rates guys. I appreciate it.

edit: also, completely off topic, anyone who uses firefox should get the lazarus add-on. its amazing, it basically saves your posts when you make them so if you hit the back button or whatever for some reason, you can recover it. (i only mention this because i just did it) x__x [/adbot]

edit2:
    Ok the positives is that Gyara + Ape + Jolt have fantastic synergy.

The cons are ovb entry hazards and set up bait, Swampert + Meta make it easy to set them up and are the weakest members here imo. I can tell you from experience, when those two appear it makes stall teams smile, giggle and go weak at the knees because those are the perfect pokes to set up on easily.

Anyways yes hazards of of concern, the only threats to stall here are SD Ape and CB Gyara and then its just ughh lol and those threats are VERY prone to entry hazards.

Also, Swampert is a bad answer to MixMence, just so you know, its near OHKO'd.

Id consider adding in something like LO RS Starmie over Jolteon in here to at least help with that.

Starmie@Life Orb
    252 Sp.Att / 252 SPED / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Beam / Recover

I know Pert is near OHKO'd, but its the best I can think of besides Cress or HP Ice DPP Old Outdated Garchomp Counter Bronzong. Its also pretty cool for exploding mons. I'll try Starmie out, but I'm concerned about my Jolteon weakness, even though its not used that much, it still scares me ;__;.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok the positives is that Gyara + Ape + Jolt have fantastic synergy.

The cons are ovb entry hazards and set up bait, Swampert + Meta make it easy to set them up and are the weakest members here imo. I can tell you from experience, when those two appear it makes stall teams smile, giggle and go weak at the knees because those are the perfect pokes to set up on easily.

Anyways yes hazards of of concern, the only threats to stall here are SD Ape and CB Gyara and then its just ughh lol and those threats are VERY prone to entry hazards.

Also, Swampert is a bad answer to MixMence, just so you know, its near OHKO'd.

Id consider adding in something like LO RS Starmie over Jolteon in here to at least help with that.

Starmie@Life Orb
    252 Sp.Att / 252 SPED / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Beam / Recover

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • It won't let me edit in a threat list so I'm just going to post it here.

Hot Sexy Threat List

Offensive Threats

dpicon142.png
    Aerodactyl - Why are you OU again? Jolteon speed ties with it or Bullet Punch deals with it. Honestly pretty easy to take down. Rotom-A can also take it down.

Ani482MS.png
    Azelf - Jolteon takes it out with Shadow Ball, Metagross can revenge it.

Ani286MS.png
    Breloom - My favorite pokemon is also very dangerous to my own team. I can usually play around it if I sac metagross to take the sleep. Gyara intimidates make it really easy to deal with if it isn't Swords Dance variant.

dpicon149.png
    Dragonite - Gyarados can get it with Stone Edge, Jolteon's T-Bolt can do some good damage to it, Swampert Ice Beam will always OHKO.

dpicon466.png
    Electivire - "lol"

Ani395MS.png
    Empoleon - If it sets up, naturally, I'm dead, otherwise, just KO it ahead of time.

dpicon330.png
    Flygon - Pretty easy to play around. Swampert takes it out with Ice Beam and Gyara can hurt with Waterfall or Payback.

Ani094MS.png
    Gengar - Predict with Gyara or take him out with Jolteon.

Ani130MS.png
    Gyarados - Gyara counters Gyara. So does Jolteon and Rotom-A.

Ani485MS.png
    Heatran - Swampert or Gyara or Jolteon or Rotom-A.

dpicon214.png
    Heracross - Jolteon T-bolt will do a lot, so will Bullet Punch from Metagross and T-Bolt from Rotom-A. Gyara can counter it pretty well if it lacks Stone Edge.

Ani392MS.png
    Infernape - Little more threatening. Depends on the set. If it doesn't have Stone Edge, Gyara handles it, if its Physical, Swampert handles it pretty well.

Ani385MS.png
    Jirachi - Everything resists Iron Head. :) Choiced variants I just play around.

Ani135MS.png
    Jolteon - Still threatening. I can usually play around it, generally lose Rotom-A trying to take it out.

Ani230MS.png
    Kingdra - Jolteon + Rotom-A are my only answers to it. Gyara can force it to outrage and I can switch to Metagross if I still have it.

Ani448MS.png
    Lucario - Gyarados can usually wall it pretty well. Rotom-A outspeeds it.

Ani068MS.png
    Machamp - Metagross, since 90% of them are leads. General playing around it is another answer to it.

Ani462MS.png
    Magnezone - Swampert if its choiced. Metagross or Infernape otherwise.

Ani473MS.png
    Mamoswine - Metagross or Gyarados.

Ani376MS.png
    Metagross - Metagross or Swampert or Infernape

dpicon291.png
    Ninjask - "lol"

dpicon407.png
    Roserade - Pretty much everything except for Gyarados

Ani373MS.png
    Salamence - Glad its suspect. Swampert/Metagross are my only real answer to it. Gyarados can take out MixMence if Stone Edge hits, as can Infernape. Jolteon can OHKO it if its around 60% or something.

Ani212MS.png
    Scizor - Infernape Gyarados or Rotom-A or Jolteon or Metagross or Swampert

dpicon235.png
    Smeargle - Only really seen as leads, and Metagross can beat it.

Ani121MS.png
    Starmie - Jolteon or Rotom-w can take it out. Gyara can hit it with Payback on the switch.

dpicon468.png
    Togekiss - Infernape beats it, so does Gyarados if its not paralyzed.

Ani248MS.png
    Tyranitar - Gyarados or Infernape. If its Scarf I have to hope Hydro Pump hits. Metagross can also take it out with Bullet Punch if its low enough. I miss CB Tyranitar. Just saying.

Ani461MS.png
    Weavile - I thought this was a threat list?

Defensive Threats

Ani242MS.png
    Blissey - Infernape or Gyara. Swampert can threaten it with EQ but it like, 3HKO's or something.

Ani437MS.png
    Bronzong - Infernape/Gyara/Jolteon/Rotom-A

Ani251MS.png
    Celebi - Celorbi is pretty annoying. SpDef sets are a pain. Infernape can take it out if I'm boosted or Gyara can hit it on the switch with Payback.

Ani477MS.png
    Dusknoir - Again, isn't this a threat list?

Ani205MS.png
    Forretress - Rotom-A is generally what I use to fight it with cause I fear Rapid Spin, does pretty well against it.

Ani472MS.png
    Gliscor - Swampert/Gyarados take it on. So does Rotom-A if H-Pump hits.

Ani450MS.png
    Hippowdon - Swampert/Gyarados/Rotom-A/Jolteon

Ani479OMS.png
    Rotom-A - Rotom-A/Jolteon

Ani227MS.png
    Skarmory - Jolteon/Infernape/Rotom-A Gyara can kinda hurt it with Waterfall

Ani143MS.png
    Snorlax - Infernape or Gyara can threaten it enough.

Ani245MS.png
    Suicune - Jolteon or Rotom-A. Boosted CC does a lot too.

Ani260MS.png
    Swampert - Jolteon or Gyarados

dpicon073.png
    Tentacruel - Does not compute. Search query "threat" not found.

Ani134MS.png
    Vaporeon - Outdated. Kinda annoying though, not really a threat.

Ani145MS.png
    Zapdos - Pretty bad. Generally I have to predict with Gyarados or hope Stone Edge hits from Infernape. Swampert can take it out if it has Hidden Power Ice

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I didn't see Torterra in the threats list, so I'll go ahead and say, with some speed EVs it will easily outrun Pert while OHKOing it. Didn't check it but it should also live a Fire Punch from Infernape with enough Defense, again OHKOing. Gyara, Meta, and Jolteon don't really do anything to it, and a Hydro Pump from Rotom might miss, and still wouldn't OHKO if it did.

Going with Starmie + Ice Beam would give you a nice check as well as a Rapid Spinner for entry hazards, like da said.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I didn't see Torterra in the threats list, so I'll go ahead and say, with some speed EVs it will easily outrun Pert while OHKOing it. Didn't check it but it should also live a Fire Punch from Infernape with enough Defense, again OHKOing. Gyara, Meta, and Jolteon don't really do anything to it, and a Hydro Pump from Rotom might miss, and still wouldn't OHKO if it did.

Going with Starmie + Ice Beam would give you a nice check as well as a Rapid Spinner for entry hazards, like da said.

welcome back to PC ^__^

Well, to be honest, I have never fought a Torterra. But I'll take this into account if they start becoming more popular.

Back