• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emergency Black2 Three Pokemon Team

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
  • Hey guys, I'm not a person who has begun competitive battling, but I plan to. Though, recently my school's little anime club is having a little tournament for Pokémon Black/White and Black/White 2 in just a few days.
    I have only 2 night to work on this team, and I am not experienced at all with competitive battling. I don't even have my own competitive team.

My problem is getting up a team. The rules are simple. Held items and you cannot use items, no legendaries, and only THREE pokemon.
    My limit is that I currently only have Black 2 because I lost my other games. I am limited and don't have much time.
    I looked around smogon and basically copied most of what I found for the Pokémon I chose, and changed it to fit some limits
    My goal is to make a team that's on the offensive, basically. Here is what I have worked out so far:

Flygon @ Choice Band
    Ability: Levitate
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -U-Turn
    -Fire Punch

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Ability: Clear Body
    164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
    -Meteor Mash
    -Bullet Punch
    -Hammer Arm
    -Zen Headbutt

Seismitoad @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Poison Touch
    96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
    -?
    -Surf
    -Earthquake
    -Sludge Wave

I am sure I am missing a lot and all, and may need a lot of help. Though, I am definitely keeping Metagross.
    Help appreciated. I don't have much time to make this team. I may not even be able to make the EVs in time. After I get the moves, my goal is to battle train until I get two choice bands. Getting a Damp Rock and Life orb is not a priority for now.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Gastrodon is the better offensive alternative over Seismitoad because of the Storm Drain ability to help deal with opposing Water Pokémon; that, and Seismitoad doesn't exactly have the best movepool, considering it lacks Ice Beam for some reason:
    -Surf
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power (Grass)/Recover
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 124 HP/252 SAtk/132 SDef
    Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Ability: Storm Drain

Suskel

Absolute Zero
    Years
  • I have been working on a Flygon, but might just have time to only really fix him up to be competitive. I will most likely just pick out the other from what I currently have.

I was looking around today at school and heard a lot about a person with a Kingdra and a Leafeon. This Leafeon also uses Substitute, Swords Dance, and other kinds of moves.
    Most of the rest seem to be just casual players oblivious to EVs and stuff. They think stuff like dragon dance aren't worth it.

With my time limit, what can I choose which would be good considering I have such a Flygon in my team?

(I MIGHT be able to fit in the creation of another Pokémon. Very unlikely.)

I was thinking of going and properly EV training an Arcanine, Lucario, Umbreon, or Metagross.
    Then I would use my Poorly EV'd Hydreigon. Though, I doubt I will be able to Battle Train in order to get more Choice Scarves/Bands/Life Orbs in time, so I will be using leftovers and such.

My other, non/poorly-EV'd Pokémon at my disposal:

Jellicent (lv.65)
    Icebeam, Psychic, Shadowball, Hydropump

Arcanine (lv.65 cannot learn crunch and such)
    ExtremeSpeed, Flamethrower, Wild Charge, Roar

Ampharos (Lv.66)
    Thunderbold, Light Screen, Power Gem, Signal Beam

Lucario (Lv.67)
    Dragon Pulse, Ice Punch, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse

Hydreigon (Lv.68)
    Surf, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse

Krookodile (Lv.69)
    Brick Break, Crunch, Outrage, Earthquake

EDIT:
    Okay, I found that I can only afford the time to make my Flygon. Considering I have my Flygon with the attacks I listed it had, can anybody tell me which of the other Pokémon are wiser to use?

I was thinking going:
    Flygon
    Hydreigon
    Krookodile/Lucario

If I go for Krookodile, then my whole team will be annihilated by ice types. Due to time constraints, I think I may have to teach my Lucario Psychic (replacing Dragon Pulse).

Last edited:
    Back