• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is Your Favourite City in Unova?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Unova had an influx of big cities in the Gen 5 games, perhaps because they represent America, or such!

The_Royal_Unova_looking_out_at_a_city.png

But of course the question here is, which city in Unova did you enjoy visiting the most, and what sorts of features did you like in the city, and why did you like the city in general? Feel free to share your thoughts and other things!

For example, I myself, looove Nimbasa City. For one thing it had amazing features like the roller coaster and the Ferris Wheel, as well as the Pokemon Musical and the Pokemon Sports Arena! Oh and not to mention the music is awesomeeee.

Not to mention *all praise Elesa* ohoho. But yeah, overall it's been my favourite City in Unova, but there's also Opelucid City because it's a very unique city for sure.. it has it's futuristic theme and it's 'past' theme in the Black and White games respectively, and y'know, learning about Dragons is always cool. <33

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I'm having a real hard time deciding between Aspertia and Icirrus.
    Both places have wonderful music, and wonderful designs - with Aspertia's lookout and Icirrus' windmills and bridges and snow and things. In the end, I think Aspertia just about wins me over. The starting location in Pokémon games always has that strange feel to them that's nothing short of magical the first time you visit them - always makes me smile. So there's that. Aspertia has the advantage of being different to the typical 'small town' start, too. The other reason I chose Aspertia is because of that bleedin' ice all over Icirrus - it makes it nothing short of annoying to navigate: I'd rather just cycle out.
    I would have chosen Castelia, but it had the same navigation issues as Iccirus - I didn't like how the city was fragmented and that ruined it for me (although I'm assuming that's a hardware limitation rather than a design choice, so I guess it's unfair judgement on my part).

Years
  • I'll C/P this from my post in my Gen V club:

I think mine would be Driftveil City. It has some nifty little buildings present, and there's the market which has some nice items present. Not to mention it hosts Clay, my favorite Gym Leader from the region (i'll talk more about him when I inevitably ask about favorite Gym Leaders). And in Black 2 and White 2, the buildings were redesigned with emeralds, making them look even nicer. It's also where the old Team Plasma makes their stay, and you can get N's Zorua from Rood.

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    Probably Castelia City. Love the theme music for the city, plus there's SO MUCH TO DO. SO MUCH TO SEE. SO WHAT'S WRONG WITH TAKING THE BACKSTREETS? (been watching too much Shrek lately). But seriously, the music fits the city perfectly, and it just feels... like a kind of town I'd like to live in. Plus Fennel lives there in B2W2 <3

Nakala Pri

Nacrene and Striaton. They're heaps nostalgic, cool and they're probably places that I wouldn't mind living in. Nimbasa is cool but you kiiiinda get sick of the music and Driftveil is a bit too mukky.

And Mistralton is a bloody disgrace. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The towns/cities felt very bland to me in this region. I think I liked Aspertia because it was a nice change of pace not coming from a small town with nothing in it. Besides that Lacunosa was interesting. I think Driftveil had the most addicting music though lol

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I liked all the cities in Unova but I'd probably chose Striaton City because it looks a bit pleasing to me and I love the little camera change when entering a building. In the original games, I loved the concept of a FWG gym but it's a same they weren't fully mono. Also, it's close to breeding~

Aspertia's music is so good though~

Years
  • I love Humilau City the most. It gave off such a cool and relaxed feel being by the water. I also like how some of the city was built on the water, just like Pacifidlog City in Hoenn did! I also like Marlon a lot, who is the Gym Leader of Humilau City :3

Years
  • I'm with Doppelganger on this one, Humilau City is really beautiful and I love the houses on the water, which reminds me a lot of Pacifidlog Town in Hoenn. I also love how there's some boats on the water, and not to mention how beautiful the design of the Gym and its puzzle is. Kinda also helps that Marlon is my fave Unova Gym Leader as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Definitely Nimbasa. I love battling in the sport stadiums and arenas. That's where I always trained all of my Pokemon post-game. I also enjoy doing the Battle Subway from time to time.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I like Aspertia City, not just because it's the first (and the only one) starter city so far, it also have some good spot when I want to look at the mountains, which is neat.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    I love Nimbasa City...not only for the jazz and glitz, not to mention Elesa(she's one hot sight to behold) but also the music that plays when Bianca talks to his Dad. It's one of the best emotional music ever.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Humilau City would have been my favorite... that is, if it weren't for Castelia City.

Castelia City is just so large and adventurous, and I guess you could say that I'm a sucker for exploring places. Another thing I adore about Castelia City is all of those piers and ships, because they make me feel nostalgic on the inside.

(I also find it interesting how we have loads of NPCs that we can't even interact with, haha.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There are a couple of favorite areas for me from Unova, but above all, I would say it'd have to be Castelia.

Castelia is a city, and a big one at that. Its size is rather fitting, because when we see the word "city" attached, most of our mind immediately tend to imagine some place with large spaces filled with people, buildings, shopping centers, and so forth; Castelia has them all. In comparison to many other cities they had introduced in the past, this truly does stand out.

Second favorite is going to have to be Aspertia, but mostly because of its music; I'd find myself visiting the place every now and again just so I could listen. Alongside, I also like Nimbasa.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Nimbasa City- The sport stadium's are good for training along with the Ferris wheel, the musical it is just another way for Pokemon to be even cuter, and the music really fits an exiting city with a cute supermodel as the gym leader

Years
  • Unova had the best cities, not consisting of only a few desolate buildings unlike in the past games.
    I had a hard time deciding which is my favorite because I liked all of them equally, but I finally made my decision.

Aspertia is my favorite city, it's different from every other cities/towns. Mainly because you start in a city for the first time and not in some weird town; it's huge and has a gym leader too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Village Bridge, if that counts for a town. I love the music and the way the location looks. It's just a really lovely and serene place. If I could live in Unova, it would definitely be at Village Bridge.

Infamy

Also known as ShinySigma
    Years
  • I looove Nimbasa. I think it was just the overall feel of the city and how it just always felt so upbeat, along with the battle subway and the sports stadiums which kinda added to it.

Oh, and Elesa is great.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Nimbasa because the city full of rides and coasters, but BW2 I don't feel like the same since Elsa moves to fashion more.
    Castelia city because it's a bigger metropolitan in pokemon and have boat which you may enjoy the scenery

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Everyone's saying Nimbasa? Only one other Driftveil lover? aw. high five tho pendra haha. I adore Driftveil though! I'm always drawn to industrial areas, open markets, and port cities. And Driftveil is all of those! plus the music is so fun~

Back