• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Serena will get a chance to meet Dawn or Misty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Based on tradition, we're more likely to see Serena meeting Iris, but since you've mentioned the 20th anniversary by next year, we'll more than likely see Misty, even though the anime started a year after the games' release. Of course, seeing these two meet would only add more fuel into the shipping wars between the original Pokeshipping and the recent Amourshipping.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Omg I wish that happenes ( Misty is more likely than Dawn tho).
    However, I also think that Iris must appear during the series sometime,

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    One thing's for certain, Iris and/or Misty are certainly far more likely to reappear than May and/or Dawn, due to the fact that Kalos doesn't even have Pokémon Contests, and Misty and Iris likewise have no issues with going to Kalos to pursue their goals.

That being said, I'm not even sure if they're even going to have a prior character cameo this time around. It's the third year of XY, and Iris has been a no-show since her Hoso special around the time XY started. I'm pretty confident that there won't be any shipping wars if Misty reappeared. If she didn't get jealous or angry Yandere style when May was around Ash (and remember, Misty's the type to get somewhat shocked and jealous if someone goes so far as to even give a welcoming kiss as Latias and Melody can attest to), she certainly won't have much of a problem with Serena (Serena might have a problem though...).

Years
  • You know, I think Weedle might be onto something here. Of the possible past girls I could see reappearing, it would likely be Iris more than Misty going by past patterns but given this is the third year for XY on air then there's a chance they might break the trend entirely.

The fact that Showcases are somehow different from Contests (in that they're female-exclusive and there's no battling) means May and Dawn will likely not show up, yet we still had Dawn appear during Unova because she was apparently "visiting" the Unova region and just enjoying the sights there.

I think it's likely the trend will get broken and we won't have a past girl cameo this time around.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    You know, I think Weedle might be onto something here. Of the possible past girls I could see reappearing, it would likely be Iris more than Misty going by past patterns but given this is the third year for XY on air then there's a chance they might break the trend entirely.

The fact that Showcases are somehow different from Contests (in that they're female-exclusive and there's no battling) means May and Dawn will likely not show up, yet we still had Dawn appear during Unova because she was apparently "visiting" the Unova region and just enjoying the sights there.

I think it's likely the trend will get broken and we won't have a past girl cameo this time around.

Im pretty sure Iris will show up, probably involving some sort of interest with Drasna ( Since she's an elite Dragon trainer). Also, while it is the 3rd year of XY going on, it's only been 1 year and 8 months since it first aired.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • No the show is not on its third year, it hasn't even hit its second anniversary yet. Dawn didn't appear until around the mid-eightieth episode of BW, whereas XY is still in the seventies, and XY will likely have at least 50 more episodes, so it's not too late for Iris to reappear.

The chances of Dawn or Misty reappearing are pretty low if we consider the trends from previous series. If anyone, Iris is the most likely to appear, as we have seen the female protagonists appear in the series that took place after they left.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No the show is not on its third year, it hasn't even hit its second anniversary yet. Dawn didn't appear until around the mid-eightieth episode of BW, whereas XY is still in the seventies, and XY will likely have at least 50 more episodes, so it's not too late for Iris to reappear.

The chances of Dawn or Misty reappearing are pretty low if we consider the trends from previous series. If anyone, Iris is the most likely to appear, as we have seen the female protagonists appear in the series that took place after they left.

Misty at least has more of a chance to appear than Dawn, though, since Kalos, like Unova, doesn't even have contests, and Misty, unlike Dawn, isn't a Coordinator. But yeah, if the past is of any indication, IF anyone is to appear, it's most likely Iris (and unlike Dawn, at least she doesn't have Pokémon Coordinating as a goal, so she won't have to worry about the lack of contests in the region). Then again, in prior regions, Ash went with the Grass type starter, yet he didn't in XY, so who knows?

I'm pretty sure it IS on it's third year, though. XY started in 2013, it's now 2015, do the math.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    I hope so. ^^
    Especially it would be great if brock and dawn comes back to x and y anime. :3

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It would be interesting to see how Serena acts to Misty and Iris who seemed to show some love interest in Ash.

Obviously Misty had a lot.

Iris had a very small amount, but you could obviously tell near the end of the Unova Saga. Bringing Iris back would also give an opening to bring out Mega Dragonite. We are probably going to start hitting some filler arcs with Serena still needing all of her wins, Team Flare probably getting ready to make their appearance. And Giovanni possibly returning. It would be nice to have a large arc like we did when Dawn came back.

We might see Brandon though or Lisia. As we saw the female from HGSS in Sinnoh after the remakes came out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It would be interesting to see how Serena acts to Misty and Iris who seemed to show some love interest in Ash.

Obviously Misty had a lot.

Iris had a very small amount, but you could obviously tell near the end of the Unova Saga. Bringing Iris back would also give an opening to bring out Mega Dragonite. We are probably going to start hitting some filler arcs with Serena still needing all of her wins, Team Flare probably getting ready to make their appearance. And Giovanni possibly returning. It would be nice to have a large arc like we did when Dawn came back.

We might see Brandon though or Lisia. As we saw the female from HGSS in Sinnoh after the remakes came out.

What makes you think that Giovanni is returning?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , Serena will look inferior to them since she cut off her hair !!
    Not to mention , Serena's personality and chemistry with Ash is not nearly as good as them.
    So , Serena will fade away if those 2 appear in anime.
    Unless , Some Pokemon magically grow Serena's hair back.
    Then , Serena might stand out against Misty & Dawn.
    Specially if Serena replace her hat with Ponytail--
    Do you think Serena will get a chance to meet Dawn or Misty?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Please don't bump threads that have been inactive for over a month. However, if anyone wishes to continue this discussion, feel free to create a new thread.

With that said, I am going to close this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back