• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
  • What is your favorite Fire-type Pokémon? Elaborate.

Charizard
    Spoiler:

As original as that choice is, I've always loved the look and idea of dragons, and charizard is the pokemon that best captured that. Until Gen 6 came and my new favorite, noivern, was released, nothing even came close to dethroning charizard as my favorite pokemon, and among fire types this is still true.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Who's Your Favorite Fire Type Pokemon? Elaborate.

Oh come on! That's so hard! But since I like the classic better, Charizard, you have my vote!

Just look at him! Such an awesome design, plus he was so cool in anime. It was so funny how he roasted Ash up.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • What the heck, I may as well shut this club down and make a Charizard fan club! :P But it really is crazy to see the popularity of Charizard.

I'm going to shift gears and talk about my #2(ish), Blaziken.

I love Blaziken's design and it was my clear cut choice in RSE for starters, although I do like all of the Hoenn starters as the best overall group (genwunners, go cry about it :P ). It's wide movepool and ability to use it make it one of my favorites overall because I love offensive Pokémon. The Mega Evolution was a bonus for me, but I would use it with or without it, it doesn't matter.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • What is your favorite Fire-type Pokémon? Elaborate.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and say that Torkoal is my favorite, Fire-type Pokemon. Fire-type Pokemon usually can't take a hit, but this tortoise can! It also bring us one "turtle" closer to having four... if you know what I mean ;)

EDIT: Volcarona is my partner, so I guess it should be my favorite, but Torkoal has grown on me.
    MORE EDIT: Oh look... Charizard was my second partner LOL! In my defense, it's the Mega-X form.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Name: Kokoro
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Growlithe, Quilava
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Well some people call them the "strongest" Pokemon out of every other type and I guess I agree to that. I also think that Fire type designs are the best.
    Answer to current topic:

Art Appreciation: Pick a piece of fan art of a Fire-type Pokémon and post it in spoiler tags. Make sure to give credit to the artist if you can.

Spoiler:

Credits to my favorite artist, Haychel. ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What the heck, I may as well shut this club down and make a Charizard fan club! :P But it really is crazy to see the popularity of Charizard.

I'm going to shift gears and talk about my #2(ish), Blaziken.

I love Blaziken's design and it was my clear cut choice in RSE for starters, although I do like all of the Hoenn starters as the best overall group (genwunners, go cry about it :P ). It's wide movepool and ability to use it make it one of my favorites overall because I love offensive Pokémon. The Mega Evolution was a bonus for me, but I would use it with or without it, it doesn't matter.

I'm a huge Blaziken fan; one of my most favorite Pokémon out there, really! Love how it was designed, and in terms of battling, it's quite good. It's got access to plenty of good attacks, and after setting up Swords Dance on it, it'd instantly be ready for sweeping. Though, it's been banned a couple of times before, which sucks.

Its mega-form looks nice, too, even though it's not much different. There's some rumor going around that they might introduce another mega-evolution for this Pokémon due to its popularity and whatnot, like how they did with Charizard. If they do, that would be very interesting. This Pokémon plays physically, mostly, so if its second form winds up focusing more on special side of things, I could imagine it gaining psychic as its secondary typing.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Kokoro
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Growlithe, Quilava
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Well some people call them the "strongest" Pokemon out of every other type and I guess I agree to that. I also think that Fire type designs are the best.
    Answer to current topic:

Art Appreciation: Pick a piece of fan art of a Fire-type Pokémon and post it in spoiler tags. Make sure to give credit to the artist if you can.

Spoiler:

Credits to my favorite artist, Haychel. ^^

Welcome! That is an awesome picture, I must check out this person's work.

Another Mega Blaziken? Hmm, I don't think it's necessary, but perhaps a Special Attack boosted one wouldn't hurt.

Superstrength...I don't even know. Also, is the four turtles a TMNT reference?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Not exactly ninjas but...sure, why not :P

I had a neat little idea I'd like to try and see if it works: A Pokémon of the week. It will be picked at random by an online generator and a little mending on my part so that we don't get two evolutions too close together if we can avoid it. We could still do topic-based discussions too, but I think it would be a good way to switch things up a bit. Thoughts?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Gonna give the Pokémon of the Week a shot, lets see how it goes. The first one on our list is...

Spoiler:

Ninetales!

RB Pokedex (and also Y apparently): Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1000-year curse.

BW Pokedex: Its nine tails are said to be imbued with a mystic power. It can live for a thousand years.

One of my favorites that grew on me later on, I love that it has a dark side that I found out about later on. Let the discussion commence!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love Ninetales, simply. Not only is it the evolution to my most favorite Pokémon of all-time--Vulpix--but competitively, it also performs quite well. It's got Drought ability, which none other Pokémon seem to have, currently, aside from Groudon. With that, it's able to set-up sunlight for a few turns, giving it advantage when using fire-types, and also to other teammates that utilize them.

Its design is very pretty. Personally, I'm a pretty huge fan of its shiny form. Its fur are all white, which is quite attention-grabbing, and its eyes seem to glow--beautiful. I'm not sure if there will ever be any other Pokémon like it.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I was actually going to mention that, good call Kameken.

I know there's an anime episode where Ninetales shows off its creepier side making illusions and stuff, but I haven't seen it. I'd really like to, so maybe one day I'll go find it and watch it.

I like that it has quite a wide movepool. I personally wish it had better Special Attack, but it's still not bad. Perhaps it will get a Mega Evolution that will boost that? Maybe? A man can dream, right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it does get a mega-form, which I would definitely like, I'd want it to lose its Drought ability. When it gets sent out on the field in its regular form, it's going to summon sunlight, and after that, Drought wouldn't be needed anymore, so it wouldn't make much sense to have the Pokémon keep it. I'm not too sure on what it could gain as an exchange, though. Speed Boost, maybe? Perhaps Shadow Tag?

As for design, I'm not sure how that would look, either, sadly. Though, one thing I could imagine is that its tails would grow longer, and possibly bulkier.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Name: Dawn Defect
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Blaziken and Infernape
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Torchic was my first starter so I grew up being fascinated by the fire typing. I also love using sweepers and fire pokemon fit that role nicely.
    Answer to current topic: This fan art of Mega Blaziken by Sa-Dui
    Spoiler:

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Name: kyuubi93
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Ninetales and Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I have always had an affinity for fire types, and the power they hold. Plus they look really cool. I remember back in my day, not one kid on the schoolyard could mess with my Charizard and I. We were undefeated xD
    Answer to current topic:
    Spoiler:

Ninetales by Chio

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Dawn Defect
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Blaziken and Infernape
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Torchic was my first starter so I grew up being fascinated by the fire typing. I also love using sweepers and fire pokemon fit that role nicely.
    Answer to current topic: This fan art of Mega Blaziken by Sa-Dui
    Spoiler:

Name: kyuubi93
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Ninetales and Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I have always had an affinity for fire types, and the power they hold. Plus they look really cool. I remember back in my day, not one kid on the schoolyard could mess with my Charizard and I. We were undefeated xD
    Answer to current topic:
    Spoiler:

Ninetales by Chio

Welcome to both of you! Fire-types do make good sweepers, Dawn, and Blaziken is one of them (though with Speed Boost it is too good sadly...). And kyuubi I'm jealous of your Charizard, but it makes you that much more awesome.

Anyway, it's time to move on to another Pokémon of the week. This week the honor goes to...

Spoiler:

Houndour!

Emerald Pokédex: Houndour hunt as a coordinated pack. They communicate with each other using a variety of cries to corner their prey. This Pokémon's remarkable teamwork is unparalleled.

Definitely one of my favorites, moreso because it evolves into Houndoom than anything. I think there's a lot to be said about this one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I love Houndour! If I'm not using Typhlosion during my Johto runs, I always save my 6th slot for Houndour when I go to Kanto.

I first fell in love with Houndour when I watched Pokemon 3 the movie and Houndour was one of the stars in the Pikachu short. He was hilarious and adorable and I absolutely love his epic design when he evolves into a Houndoom. Even its name just screams badass.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Houndoom's mega-evolution seems to be slightly underrated, and that sort of saddens me. Whenever I go online battling, it's just... hard for me to find anyone using it, haha.

Back