• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Maison: is it rigged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello all :)
    Today I was playing the Battle Maison for fun. My choice specs Espeon was wrecking everything in its path (cause it is OP as hell) and I got to battle 16. I then got into the battle and opened with my Espeon. My opponent opened with a Stunfish. For the record I hate Stunfisk. Then the Stunfisk 1 hit KO all my pokemon using the move Fissure. The way the move works is as follows:

Its accuracy (as a percentage) is calculated as below, ignoring all other accuracy and evasion modifiers:

UserLevel - TargetLevel + 30

So, in this battle the maths would have been

50 - 50 + 30 = 30

The move had a 30% chance of hitting me. It didn't miss once. So this got me thinking. Is Battle Maison rigged to stop us winning too much? Or did I just get really unlucky? Please tell me if anything like this has happened to you before!
    Many thanks,
    Dodo Hunter ^^

Note: http://pokemondb.net/move/fissure

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hello all :)
    Today I was playing the Battle Maison for fun. My choice specs Espeon was wrecking everything in its path (cause it is OP as hell) and I got to battle 16. I then got into the battle and opened with my Espeon. My opponent opened with a Stunfish. For the record I hate Stunfisk. Then the Stunfisk 1 hit KO all my pokemon using the move Fissure. The way the move works is as follows:

Its accuracy (as a percentage) is calculated as below, ignoring all other accuracy and evasion modifiers:

UserLevel - TargetLevel + 30

So, in this battle the maths would have been

50 - 50 + 30 = 30

The move had a 30% chance of hitting me. It didn't miss once. So this got me thinking. Is Battle Maison rigged to stop us winning too much? Or did I just get really unlucky? Please tell me if anything like this has happened to you before!
    Many thanks,
    Dodo Hunter ^^

Note: http://pokemondb.net/move/fissure

the higher the level of the pokemon using it vs the target actually increases the accuracy of the move as well, and is there any special rules in the battle maison in play as well?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    The only thing that has ever felt "rigged" (which isn't how I would describe it) in the Battle Maison is after a number battles if using the same lead/team of 3, the opponents will start having checks/counters to that lead pokemon regularly (although this may be and probably is just superstition).

You were just unlucky to have an opponent hit 3 OHKO moves in a row, but that is as likely as missing 3 Focus Blasts in a row, which as we all know can (and does) happen...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    the higher the level of the pokemon using it vs the target actually increases the accuracy of the move as well, and is there any special rules in the battle maison in play as well?
    All Pokemon in Battle Maison battles are set to level 50, so there's no accuracy boost due to that. The only rules that the Maison has are:
    -No more than one Pokemon of the same species is allowed on a team
    -No 2 Pokemon may hold the same item
    -Items from the bag can't be used
    -And these Pokemon are banned

Also, Ultan is right that the Maison starts to construct teams intended to counter yours after some time.

Years
  • So the game knows what your team is??? That's crazy, I know there are some teams that have been talked about but I guess the game may figure out what you have going for you.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Lead with Mega Kangaskhan. Mega evolve and wiped out the "hacked" first opponent. Problem solved.

But yes, I kept wondering why I ran into things strong against Venusaur and Blaziken. If you're going to run the gauntlet, I guess you have to have a team that have moves that are strong against its weaknesses. Like a Water type facing an Electric type, where you should carry a Ground type move in with you.

Hmm. Eelektross with Levitate sounds good right about now.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I remember in 4th gen, my opponent used Fissure on the first two turns with the same pokemon and KO'd 2 members in a row. OHKOs are really devastating in 3v3 formats... -_-

I don't think the battle maison is rigged--it would be too hard and unnecessary for the programmers. It's just that, if you play dozens of matches in a row, chances are that bad luck will happen eventually.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Y'know, I keep getting Pokémon in the fine dining establishments using cockamanny bull**** like "Protect" on the turn where I am supposed to wipe them out for a perfect meal. I swear it's rigged to make you waste time using some stupid junk like "Feint".

Years
  • I was playing Super Doubles last night and won until around my 13th battle :( I was beginning to wonder if it was rigged too, but then again maybe my team isn't that great and the match up was bad. I honestly don't think it is.

Years
  • Y'know, I keep getting Pokémon in the fine dining establishments using cockamanny bull**** like "Protect" on the turn where I am supposed to wipe them out for a perfect meal. I swear it's rigged to make you waste time using some stupid junk like "Feint".

I just won as fast as possible, a protean Greninja with life orb and a Espeon with choice spes it was not really a challenge... I can't remember, is there an actually prize for doing that ****? :rambo:

Years
  • I pretty much count the trainers in the Battle Institute under this as well, but they do tend to use the same Pokemon the Maison trainers use anyway and oh boy, they are such huge cheaters.

I am like pretty much guaranteed all the opponents in the Battle Institute except the first one always have a team specifically designed to counter you. And they spam status moves and super-effective moves everywhere, because it seems like they got knowledge on what you were using even before they fight you.

At least the Institute can still give you some BP even if you end up forfeiting. But yes, I do agree the Maison (and pretty much battle facilities in general) are heavily rigged.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I pretty much count the trainers in the Battle Institute under this as well, but they do tend to use the same Pokemon the Maison trainers use anyway and oh boy, they are such huge cheaters.

I am like pretty much guaranteed all the opponents in the Battle Institute except the first one always have a team specifically designed to counter you. And they spam status moves and super-effective moves everywhere, because it seems like they got knowledge on what you were using even before they fight you.

At least the Institute can still give you some BP even if you end up forfeiting. But yes, I do agree the Maison (and pretty much battle facilities in general) are heavily rigged.
    I won the first institute thing handily. And of course got wiped out after that.

I was screaming in a chat later: "WE HAVE TO ♥♥♥♥ING EMBARRASS OURSELVES TO GET THE HATCHING O-POWER?? WHA??"

(The above is paraphrased.)

Since the above was liked and editing might reset that, I'll throw in a new post here.

I forgot to note that the fourth battle in the institute featured legendaries all around. Virizion was among them. I forget what else I saw, but one didn't even make it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Since the above was liked and editing might reset that, I'll throw in a new post here.

I forgot to note that the fourth battle in the institute featured legendaries all around. Virizion was among them. I forget what else I saw, but one didn't even make it out.
    Yeah, you eventually get to a point where there'll be a battle against an all legendary team. It's kinda annoying because they use the legendaries that aren't exactly OP but are still pretty good (Cresselia, Heatran, the Kami Trio, etc). It's something I've never understood about the battle facilities. Why is there a ban on some legendaries when you're battling the AI? It "cheats" enough as is and doesn't have any feelings, so why can't I use like my Zekrom or my White Kyurem? :|

Also, editing a liked post will not remove the like. It will appear at first that it has, but once you refresh the page after editing, you'll see that the like is still there. I'll just merge yer post then....

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    I had a similar situation. At battle 17 my opponent started with a pillowswine which laid down two consecutive blizzards on me. After the second blizzard my sableye was froze, so I withdrew and sent out my aegislash. My opponents pillowswine did another blizzard that not only made contact again but then froze my aegislash. (And no there was no hail involved to increase blizzards effect). I just found it incredibly suspicious that a move that has a 70% success rate not only contacted three consecutive times but also froze back to back times when freezing is only supposed to have a 10% chance of happening in the first place.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Metzy, you probably don't know this since you're new, but:

PC Rules said:
    Do not post in threads that have not been posted in for more than a month.
    A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered "old". Please do not revive old threads. If there's a topic you're interested in but the thread is too old to be posted in, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums, so check the rules to see if they're exempt. Sticky threads are also usually exempt.

This thread hasn't been posted in since August 2014. So unfortunately I gotta lock it.

Locked.

But if anyone wants to make a new thread for the topic, please do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back