• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few things about Pokemon Essentials

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I've been working on a game now here for quite some time and it is coming along fabulously. However, there area few questions I had. First of all, does anyone have any good place where I can get new trainer graphics? Preferably some that weren't used in the official games. I just don't want to have the same gym leaders as before. I'm open to learning how to make my own, if there is a tutorial for that.

Second question is, is there a way to make it pop up with what map you're on like on the official games? Like when you enter Pallet town for example, the little box on the bottom right(i think thats where it was) that pops up for a second simply with "Pallet Town" in it.

Hope to see you all around the forums, and thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    First of all, there aren't really any non-official trainers out there for free use. However I have two tutorials for you, here and here. You can check out official game rips here. And to set it so that the map shows the area you're in you need to go to the Editor > Visual Editor > Select map > ShowArea: True.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    Wow, thank you soooo much. I appreciate the immense help and quick response. I prefer making my own stuff than using other people's anyways, so this is perfect!

Back