• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials Online?

Revive it?

• YES!!!! I'D BE GREAT

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not so much

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Have mercy on us all DON'T MAKE IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Right, so I've been thinking it should maybe be revived, anyone else?

OLD LINK:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182552

I can update it to current status of essentials, fix some of the bugs and what not else to make it look shiny and new.

EDIT: I'm actully working on it, I fixed the Wild pokemon error and what not more...

Release:
Comming soon....

Todo:
Learn mySQL better and make the system using that....

Essentials online 0.8 script patch:

View attachment 63283

I lost most my data from getting a new PC soooooooooo I only have the script patch for wild battles...

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The problem with online Pokémon fangames is that Nintendo doesn't really like them. There are a few good examples of online Pokémon games that were taken down, like Pokémon Crater four years ago. Therefore, I wouldn't like to put much effort in an online fangame and see all of my work being taken down.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
The problem with online Pokémon fangames is that Nintendo doesn't really like them. There are a few good examples of online Pokémon games that were taken down, like Pokémon Crater four years ago. Therefore, I wouldn't like to put much effort in an online fangame and see all of my work being taken down.

but take others for example, tpmrpg.net it's been there for YEARS, tppcrpg.net has been around longer, pokemon volcano has been around for years too. I can go on about the MANY pokemon games that weren't taken down. + using it not as online but network usage only, if you want to trade with other people.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Good idea !
I am not an expert but i could help you..

Well, I'm no expert either, anycase do you know any network send/receive protocols? (How to use the added in ones)

I'm trying to add Buddy Up Team Battles (where you buddy up with a Friend) and PvP, I already have the concept but not the actual script....

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
It's using netplay plus 1.6 so we could check the documentation for that..
Or upgrade to a more stable version of netplay

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
It's using netplay plus 1.6 so we could check the documentation for that..
Or upgrade to a more stable version of netplay

Yeah, we should upgrade to a newer version of netplay.

EDIT: Best I find is 1.6.3

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I am quite certain there are newer versions of netplay available..
We can just stick with 1.6.3 which it is using though..

EDIT: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,3869.0.html, there's also RMX-OS it's supposed to be more stable and has a ruby based server.

lol, I meant I didn't try finding better versions, oh online 0.8 uses netplay 2.0, it says that in news.rxdata

I encountered a new problem, in both 0.5 and 0.8 the global erase events brings up an error message....

Anyways, I'll try RMX

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
would be great even its just to add trade and to battle against someone like wen using a link cable for gb

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
would be great even its just to add trade and to battle against someone like wen using a link cable for gb

I already added trades, or atleast fixed the trades errors, (almost) I just need to get it so the max PP can adjust.....

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I already added trades, or atleast fixed the trades errors, (almost) I just need to get it so the max PP can adjust.....

You seem to have a good understanding of how online works. This will be interesting to see it develop, and I really look forward to it!

Sadly, I don't think there's much I can do to help...

You seem to have a good understanding of how online works. This will be interesting to see it develop, and I really look forward to it!

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014

Sadly, I don't think there's much I can do to help...

lol, double post....

Well, it's ALOT EASIER than it looks like, you edit ingame commands and polish them off in the lua editor (what a releif I knew learning lua would be helpful oneday....)

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Pokemon Crater wasn't taken down by Nintendo or any associates of them; the owner discontinued it due to lack of interest, I believe.

I'm pretty sure the creator ended up going away to college and stopped working on it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
it was taken down for copyrite according to its homepage

This website has been closed due to recieving copyright complaints from Nintendo's legal representative Miller Nash
from its homepage

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Updates: This is now a lower priority on my list of my stuff to do (almost done... kinda...)

Anyways what needs to be done:
PvP
Buddy Up (I just can't figure it out...)
Fix the global erase event thing so it doesn't screw up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back