• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Got rid of Serperior -- Good or bad idea?

Years
  • Serperior was the literal weakest of my team. For a while, he has been holding me back. It was almost a burden. I didn't want to throw him in my PC because he was my starter, but oh well. He's not up to par with my other Pokemon. He has good speed but the rest isn't too hot. His ability is a bit useless to me. I replaced Serperior with Meinshao, which has just been steamrolling lately.

But, using Coil 1-2 times raised my Attack, defence, etc. up, which did help.

I replaced Serperior with Meinshao, which has just been steamrolling lately..

What do you guys think, good or bad idea?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I now have 8 badges in White 2 with Serpierior in the lead, although our atrongest member would be Zoroark. I would recomend keeping it but just because it's your starter. If you feel you need a different teammate then go for it. What's its moveset and level?
    Mine's about level 40 something I think and has Giga Drain Leech Seed(I think) Leaf Blade and Coil, and he's gotten super strong since evolving.

Years
  • I can understand your problem. Serperior has very lackluster offensive capabilities, and its stats are pretty mediocre for a starter, with the only good stat being Speed. To make it work effectively it's best you have a boosting move in Coil and then running Leaf Blade for the main STAB move, Return for a filler move that hits hard when you have maxed happiness and maybe throw in Leech Seed for some passive healing. I don't use Snivy's line a lot in most of my 5th Gen games compared to the other two starters, but there's still always a way to get it to shine in a role that suits it best.

As for you saying its ability is "useless" I can understand what you mean, because Contrary is always praised, therefore leaving the standard Overgrow variants in obscurity, but it is still your starter and it's special. But I think a reason why yours is "weak" could be the fact you were unlucky and ended up with a terrible nature and/or IVs or something.

So, it's still okay to use given starters tend to be good but if you feel like you got bad IVs or a bad nature on yours then leave it in the PC if you want. It's just that I know it's not as much of a hard hitter compared to the other two starters, Emboar and Samurott.

Years
  • I can understand your problem. Serperior has very lackluster offensive capabilities, and its stats are pretty mediocre for a starter, with the only good stat being Speed. To make it work effectively it's best you have a boosting move in Coil and then running Leaf Blade for the main STAB move, Return for a filler move that hits hard when you have maxed happiness and maybe throw in Leech Seed for some passive healing. I don't use Snivy's line a lot in most of my 5th Gen games compared to the other two starters, but there's still always a way to get it to shine in a role that suits it best.

As for you saying its ability is "useless" I can understand what you mean, because Contrary is always praised, therefore leaving the standard Overgrow variants in obscurity, but it is still your starter and it's special. But I think a reason why yours is "weak" could be the fact you were unlucky and ended up with a terrible nature and/or IVs or something.

So, it's still okay to use given starters tend to be good but if you feel like you got bad IVs or a bad nature on yours then leave it in the PC if you want. It's just that I know it's not as much of a hard hitter compared to the other two starters, Emboar and Samurott.

Thanks mate. I tend to go for hard hitters.

I now have 8 badges in White 2 with Serpierior in the lead, although our atrongest member would be Zoroark. I would recomend keeping it but just because it's your starter. If you feel you need a different teammate then go for it. What's its moveset and level?
    Mine's about level 40 something I think and has Giga Drain Leech Seed(I think) Leaf Blade and Coil, and he's gotten super strong since evolving.

About level 40, Leaf Blade, Cut, Giga Drain, Coil.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back