• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    *revving up my inner X/Y hatred within me*

Keep horde encounters optional- I get that they look cool; I understand that they reduce the time to EV train Pokemon to significant amounts, but OH GOD ARE THEY NOT FUN. They bring the pace of the game to a screeching halt. They are too risky to fight due to a lot of them spamming accuracy reduction moves and the fact that too few moves that deal damage to multiple pokemon are available early on in the game. Worse yet, beating them all more often yields less than the amount of exp you'd gain from fighting a single wild Pokemon that's within your level range. Unless you are ev-training, engaging a horde is pointless!
    I'm surprised by how they were handled in this game in particular, because Black/White clearly designated their "double wild battle" gimmick in special bushes. This game, however, just throws all the lame horde encounters everywhere.
    Before anyone says it, I am aware you can just run from them easily, but the fact that I do this to just about EVERY horde encounter should put up a red flag that the gimmick isn't fun to begin with.

Make Sky Battles, or whatever highly gimmicky type of trainer battle actually rewarding- X/Y treated these guys as if they were just regular trainers, despite the fact that you have to go out of your way to build a working team of eligible Pokemon to ensure that you don't get your ass whooped by someone's Emolga. The fact that they are all spread out across this region makes them somewhat difficult to keep track of, too. They should give you something for beating them, like maybe one of the wing items or something to actually make them worth something. Otherwise, those Sky Trainers feel like they are just there because whatever.

Better post-game- Maybe I haven't explored absolutely everything yet, but besides the frustrating Battle Maison... What is there to do after you beat the game? Even Gold/Silver had a better post-game than this. It makes me wonder whether Game Freak forgets about what features actually make their games good or they simply ran out of time to add anything new during development (I'd believe this considering that this game is obviously rushed). The Battle Cheating Maison, the PR studio, and the off-kilter Mewtwo throwback doesn't really cut it.

Polish the controls and camera Luminose City is my most hated landmark in the game. The reason is because the controls are clunky as heck! You have to stand still to turn like a tank, then walk in the direction you want. Not doing this means you will run in one direction while the camera is fixed at a close-up of your face, or your butt, and you have no idea where you are going.
    There is also an area near the Sea Spirit's cave where the camera is zoomed waaay too close to you, and in an area that consists of nothing but sea and a few rocks spread around, it makes navigation terribly confusing.
    ... I guess I should cut them some slack since this the the first time they've every fully utilized 3D with this franchise.

If those were fixed with the next game, I'll be happy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From things I heard and things I'd like to see:

- Renaming Traded Pokémon. That Torchic you get from the event will always be named Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken. Also, it allows people to change the foreign language names if they so choose.

- Mega Pikachu. This was a theory presented that would shake up the anime and allow Ash to get a Mega Evolution without having to evolve Pikachu. Personally, I love it.

- New region(s). There's a players guide that says certain berries could come from other regions. It could be talking about remakes of some kind (RSE of course, but there's still been a clamor for Yellow as well), but it could be referring to the war of the regions talked about in X and Y.

- Mega (Insert Gen V or VI Pokémon here). They didn't give any of the last 2 gens a Mega Evolution (with good reason, they're still pretty new) and I think they'll update that in the next game regardless of what it is.

That's my list.

If they're deciding to go towards the same route as generation five and make sequels, then they definitely need to have the story take place in a separate region. :] If it's same, then many people would just consider them to be rehash of sorts, including me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    From things I heard and things I'd like to see:

- Renaming Traded Pokémon. That Torchic you get from the event will always be named Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken. Also, it allows people to change the foreign language names if they so choose.

- Mega Pikachu. This was a theory presented that would shake up the anime and allow Ash to get a Mega Evolution without having to evolve Pikachu. Personally, I love it.

- New region(s). There's a players guide that says certain berries could come from other regions. It could be talking about remakes of some kind (RSE of course, but there's still been a clamor for Yellow as well), but it could be referring to the war of the regions talked about in X and Y.

- Mega (Insert Gen V or VI Pokémon here). They didn't give any of the last 2 gens a Mega Evolution (with good reason, they're still pretty new) and I think they'll update that in the next game regardless of what it is.

That's my list.
    I think more regions after you complete the first region which should take place in China or a rainforest region. We need a much longer game, i wanna play a very long RPG game to beat with alot to do after you beat it.Mega Pikachu would be cool.

Gummayberz

Breeder
    Years
  • I don't really know if anyone put this but, they really should allow people to rename pokemon that are traded to them. I've got this Aromatisse that has such a weird name and I so wanna change it. So this option would be really great. Also, though they did great with Pokemon Amie, I think they could extend more to it than just the poffin feeding and mini-games. I think overall, they could do more to help EV train or at least make IV training a bit easier somewhat.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Better Customization: I have played the game through as both genders ( currently as female) and I feel things like the selection of clothes and hair styles was too low. Like others have said, give us the option to unlock the clothes/hairstyles of the other gym leaders.

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
  • I want difficulties. Not everyone is a 6 year old playing pokemon for their first time, I don't want easy gym leaders, trainers, Elite four, etc.

Difficulty should increase either intelligence or levels of the trainers.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Better Rivals: Maybe it's just me, but the rivals have been underwhelming these past few generations. Whatever happened to the days of RBY, where your rival was a smug B*stard who wasn't afraid to take cheap shots and callouts at you? Who made you want to wipe that smirk off his face every time you faced him?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I don't really know if anyone put this but, they really should allow people to rename pokemon that are traded to them. I've got this Aromatisse that has such a weird name and I so wanna change it.

While I agree with you on your concerns, the reason GF more than likely won't change it is a cultural reason. In Japan, it's considered highly disrespectful to alter a "gift" given to you. That traded Pokemon is that gift, so in the eyes of the Japanese, you are being ungrateful for changing that Pokemon's name.

... Even so, there should be an exception for Pokemon that have no nicknames and are traded/transferred over to you, because not being able to rename a Pokemon that has no name to begin with is stupid.

Goombario64

Master of Galaxies
    Years
  • Some more Megas I've thought of that would be nice for Z:
    Spoiler:

I'd also like to see some more variations of Quick Attack:
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah.....uh, you can't really post in a thread that hasn't had a post in over a month; that's considered thread revival, which the rules don't allow.

But if you wanna make a new thread of the same topic, feel free to do so.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back