• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I use switches?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2019
    Hey, I was wondering how I to use switches properly. Here's what I am trying to do; when you go downstairs in your house and try to exit the building it says "I should probably talk to mum before I leave" so then if you talk to your mum you will be able to leave teh building without it saying "I should probably talk to mum before I leave" If anyone can help me that would be great. :)

LeahB

Le-ha88
    Years
  • I'd suggest you read some eventing tutorials. There are a lot of good tutorials on the internet that helped me out a lot. But to answer your question...

Use a conditional branch. Set the condition to whatever switch you want to use. (It should be one that isn't being used by Essentials already). The switch is ON by default so leave that part as it is. You can name it whatever you want. In the first part of the conditional branch, set the player transfer for when the player leaves the house. In the second part, set the message telling the player to talk to their mom.

In the mom event, you'll want to turn the switch on after she says whatever she says to you. Do this by clicking, "control switches" and select whichever switch you used for the transfer event. You'll want to take a good look at how the mom event is done in the Essentials demo for how to set up the rest of the mom event properly.

Back