• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Putting spaces in between words in essentials

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    When I use essentials, why does a sentence thats supposed to say "Hi,how are you?" come to be "Hi,howareyou?" or when towns come up and it says "TwinleafTown" instead of "Twinleaf Town"?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    No I typed it in as "Hi, how are you?", the correct way but it comes out without spaces.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Which font are you using?

I had a glitch using a font where spaces were deleted. If fixed itself when trying the Essential BW v3 pack (I don't know where I got it, probably from KleinStudio on DeviantArt) because it reinstalled the fonts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    it's normal font probably Arial?
    If this works, thank you for the help.

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • No I had the 4 fonts Essentials has by default. If I remember correctly, the Platinum one deleted the spaces between words.

I never saw Arial or other standard font in my game. Only pokémon ones.

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    IIRC the DP font has had this problem for several people, and Arial might sometimes as well, although I haven't seen it in recent versions of Essentials so it may have been fixed. Are you using an up-to-date version?

If you're seeing Arial then presumably you don't have the included Pokémon fonts installed. Try going into the Fonts folder of your Essentials project and manually installing one or more of those fonts, and see if changing to those fonts in the game itself fixes the problem (assuming an Essentials update also doesn't fix it... although you'd probably want to use the included fonts anyway, as Arial doesn't fit comfortably in some screens/text boxes to begin with. Things like move/ability descriptions and so on are sized to fit the Pokémon fonts, and even if the Arial text has proper spaces it still tends to run off the side of the screen in places.)

Back