• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lucas or Dawn?

Years
  • I selected Dawn because I am a girl and prefer to play as my own gender. I'm not a fan of her in the anime series bluh but overall the design is really captivating, especially her sense of style as it's all something I'd likely wear myself. Hats, scarves, boots, and whatnot tend to be my very favorite things. :)

Lucas, on the other hand, was soo forgettable as a protagonist to me.

Years
  • I pretty much always pick the male character even though I'm not a guy. Their clothes are closer to what I'd wear since I'm the skirt or short shorts wearing type.

Years
  • Lucas, but only because my name is Lucas. He doesn't actually really appeal to me as much as Dawn does. I really do like her design, especially in Platinum. I have never used a girl in any Pokemon games, but I really could have here, and might do in the next playthrough I do of Platinum. But as I said, the only reason I didn't is because the guy is called Lucas and so am I, happy coincidence :3

Years
  • Lucas for me, for the boring reason of being a male myself lol. But I also liked his design a lot. I chose him again in Platinum too. Dawn annoyed me in the anime so I never chose her in the games haha.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I just had to go with Dawn that time, because Lucas was such a Dweeb. Him and his stupid had. Why must they have stupid hats? Take them off I say? Begone with the hat glue! No main game has let you walk around without a hat! So Beanie trumps dumb golfer's cap.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    I would go for Dawn. I am a guy, I don't know why but Lucas is just a pest in the series and I think thats why my intrest in him is low. Lol. #TeamDawn

pvnk-as-fvck

depressed little mess
    Years
  • I played as Dawn, simply because I'm a girl. I did name her Dawn however.
    Since I picked Dawn as my character, Lucas was my rival.
    I. HATE. HIM.
    He's very annoying & antsy & hyper.
    The fact that his Pokémon team was extremely strong didn't make my hate for him any less.
    Overall, I hate Lucas, but I can't have any say in which character is better since I always played as Dawn.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I tend to choose female characters in every game simply cause I'm a girl. But I like Lucas' outfit and all much better than Dawn'sand I'm sure this has nothing to do with Dia in PokeSpe lol.

... What Dia and Pearl are hilarious! :P

(And yes I chose Dawn in Diamond Version.)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Dawn~
    I tend to prefer the design of the female characters these days, so I always pick them when I start a new game.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I would go for Dawn. I am a guy, I don't know why but Lucas is just a pest in the series and I think thats why my intrest in him is low. Lol. #TeamDawn

You and me. TeamDawn. I had the same problem with Lucas that I have with Calem. Their designs are so boring to me and they're nonexistent in the show while the girls get publicity.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Lucas.

Despite the fact I am a girl, I always have a habit of choosing the male characters instead of the female. For me, I prefer the design of the male characters (not just because I've been a tad boyish as a kid) and that they looked cool.
    I think later that reason changed to me liking Hareta from the Pokemon DP adventures manga who is probably one of my favourite Pokemon manga characters.
    So I constantly played as Lucas ever since then and only have I ever played Dawn once.

Years
  • When I played Diamond for the first time, I picked Dawn, a natural choice for a female. I actually did like Lucas' sprite art that I was having second thoughts about choosing Dawn once it was a little too late to restart.
    I really hated Lucas' Platinum sprite, but Dawn's was fine. Platinum in itself was cool for the sprite remaking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Okay so when the games came out I liked Dawn's design, but then I saw a few anime episodes of her and she was horrible as a character so that was super disappointing. But if I ignore that I still like her better than Lucas. I thought her Platinum design was a lot better than her original.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think Dawn is probably my favorite trainer, if I'm honest. DPPt was pretty important for me because it introduced online battling and everything with it, and just seeing Dawn in her Diamond and Pearl outfit makes me so nostalgic.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • For Platinum, I picked Lucas since I'm not much of a fan of Dawn's outfit in this version. I liked her Diamond and Pearl outfit (which was also her anime counterpart's outfit), which is why I picked her in those versions.

And for me picking Lucas in Platinum, aside from me not liking Dawn's outfit that much, there's something about Dawn and her outfit that enforces her as a good looking friendly NPC.

Spoiler:

Back