• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inbox (7,928)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Many email platforms have tools and options that let you organize your inbox, like deleting unwanted mails, creating folders for certain kinds of emails, archiving, etc. Do you clear out and tidy up your inbox often? Or are you more like me, and just let emails pile up without really deleting or sorting anything?

Years
  • The last time I tidied up my email inbox, I found out later that I deleted an email with information that I needed and it was gone because I cleaned it up. Since then, I haven't cleaned out any of my inboxes, nor have I ever really needed to because I have yet to reach any space quotas on all the email accounts I have.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I rarely delete messages because I get spam mail every day and can't be bothered. I don't use my email much anyway unless I want to register to a new site or product.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Inbox (3,183)

^ yeeaaaahh, no. Don't clean it. Too much space still left over lmao.

Years
  • I never delete emails. Ever. Takes too much time.

Also, I've got a ton of space associated with my Google account after 10 years of having it, so I'm nowhere near my storage limits.

For example, my primary Gmail is at Inbox (2,111) in the primary inbox.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I actually never bother cleaning my inbox and just let it flood with many subscribed sections and it just too much when it was over 1000+ mails.

Bay

Years
  • On one of my email accounts, I mostly leave the emails alone saved for ones that are advertising sales, for instance. My other emails once in a while, like on a weekend, I'll clean out/organize most of the messages.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I am shuddering at some of these responses wtf... :(

I'm a strong believer in Inbox Zero. I have always kept my unread count at zero from the moment I got my first email address and now that I've switched from Gmail to Inbox, I keep my entire inbox count at zero. I archive everything as soon as I've dealt with it and I deal with things as soon as I possibly can so I can get it out of sight and out of mind. Nothing ever gets lost or buried because I'm never overwhelmed by incoming messages and I can tell at a glance if I've gotten anything new to look at. It's wonderful and I recommend this approach to everyone.

I don't organize my email at all once I've dealt with it. At most I have a label set for one or two things, but Inbox itself does a good job of grouping things and Google's inbox search is so good that it's much faster to just search keywords of an email I'm looking for rather than sift through folders like I vaguely remember doing before I got gmail a decade ago.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i don't enjoy having 2,740 unread emails but i've accumulated so many that I don't want to go through and clean it up. my job application and college email address, on the other hand, is pretty organized.

Years
  • I am shuddering at some of these responses wtf... :(

I'm a strong believer in Inbox Zero. I have always kept my unread count at zero from the moment I got my first email address and now that I've switched from Gmail to Inbox, I keep my entire inbox count at zero. I archive everything as soon as I've dealt with it and I deal with things as soon as I possibly can so I can get it out of sight and out of mind. Nothing ever gets lost or buried because I'm never overwhelmed by incoming messages and I can tell at a glance if I've gotten anything new to look at. It's wonderful and I recommend this approach to everyone.

I don't organize my email at all once I've dealt with it. At most I have a label set for one or two things, but Inbox itself does a good job of grouping things and Google's inbox search is so good that it's much faster to just search keywords of an email I'm looking for rather than sift through folders like I vaguely remember doing before I got gmail a decade ago.

If it makes you feel any better, I still check my inbox something like 16 times a day, and most of those unread messages are forwards from myself.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I use Google Inbox instead of Gmail.

It's ridiculously smart and this problem is just a thing of the past for me.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I SWEAR THIS IS THE MORE STRESSFUL TITLE OF A TOPIC I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Like, really.

I can't stand the constant increase of unread emails, I need to delete them or mark them as read.

Yes, that's a clear sign of an OCD lol

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I SWEAR THIS IS THE MORE STRESSFUL TOPIC TITLE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Like, really.

I can't stand the constant increase of unread emails, I need to delete them or mark them as read.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • When I was younger (around the time when I was in primary school) I didn't need to spend time to organize my emails and would just read any emails at random intervals since I didn't get many. However when I got around to university applications I took time to unsubscribe form all the unwanted newsletters and stuff and then created a filter specifically for university mail. Now my mailbox is much more clean and only has mail that's important.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I can't stand having a cluttered inbox. If I don't need it then I just delete it. I'll go through my junk folder and see if anything was sent there by mistake but after that it's all gone.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I SWEAR THIS IS THE MORE STRESSFUL TOPIC TITLE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Like, really.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The truth is worse than the title, too - this is my actual inbox.

zb5cUaD.png

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • While I am in fact an INBOX (0) kind of person; this only applies specifically to the unread counts.

I will mark swaths of messages as read even if I don't read them; most cases one can glean the information NEEDED from the subject line and the mail itself doesn't require attention, especially if it's just a news letter or feed.

Years
  • 5199162_zpsv1pwefa1.gif

I think if I went through that I would just give it up and create a new account, LOL!
    LOL, me too! {XD}

I'm also a strong believer in Inbox Zero, I just can't deal with having a bunch of emails, even if they're unread. It irritates me to no end, haha. This has proved to be a really bad habit of mine, as I've deleted important emails and such doing so. But for it to pile up? That just kills me. I wouldn't say that it's OCD because I'm only like that sometimes in real life. For example, if I have a bunch of notebooks and stuff on my desk, I get really frustrated. I guess you could describe it as an overwhelming feeling of absolute dread. ;-;

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My Yahoo inbox has over 10,000 e-mails. You tell me if I've cleaned it out or not. :x I haven't had time to, so it's cluttered from 2009.

Back