• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trading Halp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shukawariosenpai

Pokemon Breeder/Completionist
Years
  • Okay, my parents put parental controls on my 3DS so I need their 4 digit passcode in order to wonder trade. Any ideas?

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • Wait, so you're 18 and your parents put on parental controls for your 3DS? Don't take this as offensive, but that's ridiculous in my book. If you're 18 years old, then you're an adult, and you don't need parents to take care of your internet safety for you. Anyways, I don't think there is a way to get around it, sorry. I could be wrong, although I'm pretty sure there is no way around it.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Only way is to contact nintedo with the provided number to get the master code and change the pin

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I don't know much about passcodes on 3DS systems, but what happens if you get the passcode wrong? Does it alert your parents? Does it wipe the system? Does it lock you out after a certain number of attempts? Four digits isn't that long, so with persistence, you should be able to guess it, depending on how it is set up. I also find that my parents tend to use certain, meaningful numbers in their passwords, so if you know what sorts of codes your parents like to use for other things, that might help you here.

That being said, maybe you should have a discussion with your parents about why they felt the need to put parental controls on your 3DS. If you are indeed 18, you're legally an adult (at least most places; I don't know where you're from), and it seems strange to have your family restricting your video game habits when you're old enough to vote or join the military. Do you share the system with a younger sibling whom your parents want to "protect"? Or do your parents feel that you're spending too much time playing video games? Maybe you could work out a compromise.

Worst case, you could always get a job and buy yourself another 3DS.

Years
  • Don't really think I have much to add, since Imperator basically covered everything I was going to say.

That said, this doesn't really have anything to do with Pokemon, and is more of an issue with the 3DS itself, so please ask over in the Video Games forum in the future if any similar situations arise. Best of luck with your 3DS, and hopefully you'll be wonder trading again soon (if you aren't already)!

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back