• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Okay, so I have some good news to report back with my server.. the virus definitions updated themselves properly, and all is well on the server! And I installed SP2 again and got more updates in. I was prompted to update to IE8, so what I did was install all updates except for the IE8 one, and then after I rebooted from those updates, I installed IE8. After IE8 was successful, I was able to do more Windows updates, and I managed to get all high-priority updates installed successfully without the memory leak of svchost.exe

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I find it odd why they would want to enable SIM card locking anyway.

Also, I really don't appreciate how uTorrent likes to hog enough of my disk load to where my music stutters. It's a real annoyance D:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I find it odd why they would want to enable SIM card locking anyway.

Also, I really don't appreciate how uTorrent likes to hog enough of my disk load to where my music stutters. It's a real annoyance D:

What music player are you using? Also, if there are too many disk I/O at once, Windows won't be able to guarantee anything to any program ;)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Huh? I always have torrent running, even if I'm not using, but it never creates music stuttering, and I'm using Winamp, which could also get a bit load heavy. Only time it ever happened to me was when I was using Burn Iso, but it craps out the PC in general not just the music.

Years
Winamp is probably one of the most resource-efficient media players I've ever used. At least you have an option in the settings to determine how much CPU you would like Winamp to use as well.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Really? Huh, always had to wait for it the PC to get used to it, then things would run smooth, like for a minute or so.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Winamp is probably one of the most resource-efficient media players I've ever used. At least you have an option in the settings to determine how much CPU you would like Winamp to use as well.

There's something more efficient, though, when it comes to media-playing apps in Windows.

Windows Media Player and Music+Videos, anyone? Barebones? Yep. But they sip battery life and outlive every third-party offering.

(There's also the Zune desktop media player, and it's pretty nice to use, but it's slightly fatter.)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I actually play all of my music with Google Play Music. It really does a nice job and I enjoy the card layout.

Years
I really enjoyed Windows Media player back in the day, especially WMP 9 because of all the skins it had and whatnot.. but I don't really like it as much today as I did back in the day.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Just wanted to add on to my previous post, I use the App on my phone/tablet and I also use the web interface on my PC. It's nice because all my music is on my server/not on my laptop/tablet/phone.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've thought about doing that, but it'd make it hard to listen in my car when I go through areas where 3G/4G service isn't the best. :/

I really wish Android had a decent way to manage your music though. iTunes isn't great but it's better than any of the options Android users have.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I keep my phone's music library in MP3s on a micro SD, and on my computer I keep my library in PCM-16 uncompressed Waveform audio with special file names.

On my Android phone I use an app called MePlayer to play my audio. I wanted something that was efficient and wasn't constantly changing and updating without my consent (I'm looking at you, Google Play Music). Plus the album cover gets transfered to a spinning CD graphic while you listen, not to mention it has MIDI support.

I keep my phone's music library in MP3s on a micro SD, and on my computer I keep my library in PCM-16 uncompressed Waveform audio with special file names.

On my Android phone I use an app called MePlayer to play my audio. I wanted something that was efficient and wasn't constantly changing and updating without my consent (I'm looking at you, Google Play Music). Plus the album cover gets transfered to a spinning CD graphic while you listen, not to mention it has MIDI support.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm just very fond of the simplicity of Music+Videos in both Windows 8.x and Windows Phone. Pick what you want to play, pick an artist, and then pick an album. Straightforward, as long as your libraries are organized well.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I never knew you could add remote music files to Google Play music.. how exactly do I do that?

Download Google Music Manager and have it upload your songs to their servers. :3 It's amazingly good. <3

Years
Download Google Music Manager and have it upload your songs to their servers. :3 It's amazingly good. <3
That seems like a really cool idea. I mean, I don't really listen to my music on my Nexus 7, but it'd save me alot of space (both in my pockets and on my tablet) I'm sure if I did that. Only problem is that I have a lack of a data plan lol

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
That seems like a really cool idea. I mean, I don't really listen to my music on my Nexus 7, but it'd save me alot of space (both in my pockets and on my tablet) I'm sure if I did that. Only problem is that I have a lack of a data plan lol

And honestly it doesn't use much data which is awesome. I guess I'll finally be ready to go without an SD card for my next phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back