• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi I'm new and I want to learn everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
Years
  • Hi everyone :cheeky: I'm new to the game development section and i want to learn everything such as adding intros and music and stuff like tilesets and characters. Please help me

DarkTerror

COCKROACH
    Years
  • The best way to do that is by teaching yourself =P I know this sounded harsh, but life, afterall, is not easy. Plus, I am anti RPG Maker kind of programs. If people are going to learn a whole new syntax for a program that's as limited as a 100 year old lady's ability to jump, people might as well learn a programming language, such as C++.

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    You should really have posted this in the RM2k help and request thread.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    DarkTerror said:
    The best way to do that is by teaching yourself =P I know this sounded harsh, but life, afterall, is not easy. Plus, I am anti RPG Maker kind of programs. If people are going to learn a whole new syntax for a program that's as limited as a 100 year old lady's ability to jump, people might as well learn a programming language, such as C++.
    Yea don't really use RM2K learn C++ at cprogramming.com and download Dev-C++ bloodshed.net...cause game development environments can tic you off.

EDIT: It may take you a long time to learn but it's really worth it.

DarkTerror

COCKROACH
    Years
  • umbreon135 said:
    Yea don't really use RM2K learn C++ at cprogramming.com and download Dev-C++ bloodshed.net...cause game development environments can tic you off.

EDIT: It may take you a long time to learn but it's really worth it.
    Exactly. You're the kind of person I like. C++ is very hard to learn; it may take you years to master. I've been learning it for 2 years, and I still haven't mastered it yet. A friend of mine has been learning it for five years, but he still doesn't know everything about it. If you're into programming games, you gotta be a math genius. If you don't like math, don't bother moving into games programming. Learning how to program isn't as easy as 1+1. It may be very hard, but as Umbreon said, it's really worth it. I suggest you learn an easier programming language first though, such as Visual Basic or Java(I started with Java). Take any available computer science courses at high school, be good at math, and you may be a good programmer in the future =P

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • If you're lucky like I was, you can even take a course in Computer Games Software Development. I've done this for a year, learning about Java, then onto C++ and various other programming languages used in the gaming industry.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    DarkTerror said:
    Exactly. You're the kind of person I like. C++ is very hard to learn; it may take you years to master. I've been learning it for 2 years, and I still haven't mastered it yet. A friend of mine has been learning it for five years, but he still doesn't know everything about it. If you're into programming games, you gotta be a math genius. If you don't like math, don't bother moving into games programming. Learning how to program isn't as easy as 1+1. It may be very hard, but as Umbreon said, it's really worth it. I suggest you learn an easier programming language first though, such as Visual Basic or Java(I started with Java). Take any available computer science courses at high school, be good at math, and you may be a good programmer in the future =P
    Well for me it's just easy to understand.

If you're lucky like I was, you can even take a course in Computer Games Software Development. I've done this for a year, learning about Java, then onto C++ and various other programming languages used in the gaming industry.
    Other programming languages used in the game industry? I thought there was just C,C++, and ASM.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Are you kidding me, there is are hundreds of different programming languages used in game design, some even created by the developers themselves. Offhand, I can think of about 25.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I don't think that this thread is meant for discussing the best programming
    language. Anyway, if you do want to learn, I would also recommend C++.
    However C is more compatible with others.

Try this site: http://www.gameprogramming.org/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back