• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen [IMPORTANT:Pokemon Ruby] Gardevoir/Kadabra - Need professional help.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    I am not sure what to do in regards to Pokemon ruby.
    best psychic move is psychic, and confusion. Kadabra, while it can die immediately, it can learn psybean, psychic, confusion and psywave I believe.

What would you do? Ralts is level 18, only knows confusion, teleport, double team and like growl or something since it hasn't learned anyone quite good yet. What would you prefer if the two, and if I keep ralts into Gardevoir, what moves should I teach it? The best moves?

This is my lineup.

Shroomish (Level: 15)
    -Absorb
    -Bullet seed
    -stun spore
    -leech seed

It's evolve form is amazing, and I prefer it, since I can't find a better grass type.

Marshtomp (Level: 18)
    -Bide
    -Rock Throw
    -Mud Shot
    -Waree Gun

Aron (Level: 18- Picked him over Makuhita)
    -Metal claw
    -Iron defense
    -Mud slap
    -Headbutt

Tailow (Level: 18)
    -Peck
    -Wing Attack
    -Steel Wing
    -Quick Attack

Zizagoon as my HM slave for cut surf etc.

Not sure who my last party should be. Should I teach my water starter waterfall or dice? Can you guys please give me the best moves for each of them? I love playing this after not playing it for so many years, and I want to do it right.

Also, since I might not check this daily, can you check email me or add me on Facebook for your inputs?
    My email is mahdy.elachkar@yahoo dot com
    And my Facebook is Facebook / Mahdy.elachkar
    Thank you all so much

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Personally, I would go with Gardevoir over Kadabra, since it'll be better off in the long run (unless you're able to do a tradeback to get Alakazam). As far as a moveset goes, I'd probably use something like Psychic, and another special attack like Thunderbolt, and then some combination of status attacks (like Toxic/Protect, or Hypnosis/Calm Mind).

For Marshtomp/Swampert, I would give it Waterfall if you're picking between the two, though Surf would be a better choice in battle if you're going with a Water type HM (you could always switch between HM slaves for one that knows Waterfall/Dive when needed).

As for a sixth Pokemon, you could always go with Salamence or Altaria if you want a Dragon type on your team, or maybe if you want a Fire type, Camerupt and Ninetales are good options, too.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Personally, I would go with Gardevoir over Kadabra, since it'll be better off in the long run (unless you're able to do a tradeback to get Alakazam). As far as a moveset goes, I'd probably use something like Psychic, and another special attack like Thunderbolt, and then some combination of status attacks (like Toxic/Protect, or Hypnosis/Calm Mind).

For Marshtomp/Swampert, I would give it Waterfall if you're picking between the two, though Surf would be a better choice in battle if you're going with a Water type HM (you could always switch between HM slaves for one that knows Waterfall/Dive when needed).

As for a sixth Pokemon, you could always go with Salamence or Altaria if you want a Dragon type on your team, or maybe if you want a Fire type, Camerupt and Ninetales are good options, too.

This, this and a billion times! This! I came here to say exactly what's been said above, unless you have a way to get alakazam (or breed for the special punches) your ralts is going to be the better choice and will start kicking ass soon!

I would also consider swapping Tailow for a poke with flying added on, maybe a skamory? or dragon like brendino suggested.

I also never have a party without 'pickup' so a slot is always taken by my HM slave Mr. Zigzagoon/linoone (I got the 1% chance kings rock + bullet seed) what a monster combo ;)

**Tailow

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Alakazam is an ideal special sweeper with 135 base sp. atk and 120 base speed.
    Gardevoir is a better calm mind special attacker and potential sweeper with 115 base sp.defense and 125 sp. atk.

I use Alakazam in firered and Gardevoir in emerald. They both work.

Back