• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Would you like a FRLG Remake?

Jobless Tuber Music

Flushing Faithful
Years
  • I know it probably wont DIRECTLY happen, but a remake for Red and Blue would be awesome.
    I wouldn't want to see it on the 3DS, but hopefully something like that will happen on a future date on a more advanced console.
    What do you guys think?

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • I would love to see a FR/LG remake. It's disappointing when I see someone hate on the idea of it, that remakes are abhorrent things. The reality of it is Fire Red is the one game out of the whole series that I've chosen to replay the most. I'm sure I'm not alone, and that counts for something.

The better part of my brain says it won't happen. A company like Game Freak has its sights set on the future, new stories and new designs. But who knows in the end.

Years
  • I don't know, I don't think that this will hapen.
    I think that in the new console there is gonna be a D/P remake.
    But actually I would really like seeing FR/LG Remake.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • not really . it be cool if it had a whole different story line maybe new places and like in real life you know cities grow through out the years so some places may look different? and even better with the same old sprites

Years
  • I personally would love a FR/LG remake, it would be great to see Kanto in 3D and although we have seen a lot of the region through the years it would be a new twist on it and who knows we could see some new areas introduced. If Game Freak opted to go down the FR/LG route instead of Red and Blue then we could the Sevii Islands return which I think would look amazing with the modern graphics.

Despite all this I don't think it will happen for some time, I'm thinking for the 25th anniversary of Pokemon, that would be a significant enough event to remake the original games again but I'm not sure...

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
    Years
  • I prefer a sequel to the game instead of a remake.Because if they make another Kanto game they better involve a Legendary Pokemon on it (preferably Mew and Mewtwo)because the storyline of FRLG was too lame IMO.Also adding more post content on Sevii Islands would be amazing.

GF did well on making BW2,so this should be possible I think.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I would personally love a FR/LG game, though I agree with The Annoying Rollout above, if there is a remake I'd love to see something new added. Maybe a Battle Frontier-like facility, some more legendary Pokémon (whenever it's remade, the legendaries from that gen and some past gen legendaries? Or seeing Mew catchable in the game like Deoxys was in ORAS would be suuuper cool), and of course expansion on Sevii Islands.

I'd also love to see lots more smaller islands (like legendary Pokémon islands?) around the main Sevii Islands too, that'd be pretty cute~

Years
  • I think we've had enough remakes/releases featuring the same Kanto that we're used to, so I don't think I'd be jumping up and down if we were to get another remake.

That said, seeing as how we're 25 years past the original in a few years, I agree that I'd like to see a game set that far ahead in the future, and be able to travel an advanced and expanded Kanto (and Johto too). It'd be fun to see old characters return, and it'd give the opportunity to introduce new ones as well. Just being able to have some new adventures in familiar places would be great, instead of the same stories we've played countless times before.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Not particularly. Remaking a remake seems strange. Plus, Kanto is just...boring to me, especially after all that we've seen since then. Pokemon has grown a lot, and while it would be great to see Kanto in beautiful gen VI graphics and experience Kanto in a less primitive way, I'm honestly just tired of seeing it. I'm sure that Game Freak could come up with a way to make it new and freshen up the region, but...eh. I would rather focus on games that really need a remake (Diamond/Pearl) and new regions. Kanto had its run.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    Personally, no. I believe that they shouldn't revisit Kanto again. However, I believe that a ROMhack should be made. There's tons of ones out there that hit parts of what I want. Basically I just think that someone should make one identical to Throwback with the addition of Mega Evolution for Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon. Gen VI was a bit of an ode to Gen 1 in a lot of ways. It featured so many mega evolutions of the original pokemon. In addition to that the fact that you got a second starter from Kanto so early on made almost everyone switch to that one for the duration of the game. That's honestly part of why I enjoyed X so much. It had the original Pokemon added back in.

Actually the only other thing that I desperately want in a Pokemon game remake is an in game tournament mode. Something like the Battle Dome but in Gen 1. I was such a fan of that in the Anime.

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2018
    I would love a 3ds remake for it. Who doesn't love Gen 1? Would really like to see Kanto with the updated graphics, moves, and game mechanics

Years
  • Oh yes, I would. It has already been 12 years since the remakes were released. Maybe they'll do one in the 7th generation. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum can already be played on a 3DS and are far more advanced than FRLG.

The Den

Dark Mystery
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    It's definitely an interesting idea. I would love to see Kanto in 3D. The only problem is, we've seen kanto in all first 4 generations. But they'll most likely have D/P remake for gen 7, which would be pretty exciting imo.

Last edited:
    Back