• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Unused Themes

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
  • I was having fun editing Pokemon Emerald using AM hours ago.Through my Curiousity I discovered something.I discovered The LEGENDARY DOGS ENCOUNTER THEME,Team Rocket Theme,Saffron City theme(GSC),and an Alternative Pokemon Center theme(I forgot the last one lol).

Knowing this makes me think that the RSE versions should have a LONGER Post Game?Because a longer storyline would be great.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Those unused tracks you found I think were put in for testing purposes, as all of the unused tracks minus the alternate Littleroot Town theme originally were from G/S/C and weren't really meant to be used for anything in R/S/E. I'm honestly not sure why the G/S/C Pokemon Center theme and the legendary dog's theme weren't used in Fr/Lg, as much of the post game takes place in Sevii, which is heavily inspired by Johto, and you do actually encounter either Entei, Raikou or Suicune depending on your starter.

Interestingly enough did you know that Deoxys's theme is technically unused? Birth Island was never really made accessible through events, as most Deoxys were given away directly.

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
    Years
  • Those unused tracks you found I think were put in for testing purposes, as all of the unused tracks minus the alternate Littleroot Town theme originally were from G/S/C and weren't really meant to be used for anything in R/S/E. I'm honestly not sure why the G/S/C Pokemon Center theme and the legendary dog's theme weren't used in Fr/Lg, as much of the post game takes place in Sevii, which is heavily inspired by Johto, and you do actually encounter either Entei, Raikou or Suicune depending on your starter.

Interestingly enough did you know that Deoxys's theme is technically unused? Birth Island was never really made accessible through events, as most Deoxys were given away directly.

Didn't know about the fact of Deoxy's theme.But the theme is so cool to be unused.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Those were in there for the early stages of development, before the actual tracks were composed. They probably needed something to use, and ended up pulling the data from GSC. (At least, that's what I'd do.) I don't know why they left it on there, but it probably wasn't intentional. They might have just forgotten about it.

Back