• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • I'm watching Aldnoah Zero. I never got into it before because I've never been really big into mech anime, but I'm really enjoying this one! Great plot, great characters~

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm watching Aldnoah Zero. I never got into it before because I've never been really big into mech anime, but I'm really enjoying this one! Great plot, great characters~
    I doubt you'd be able to say the same by the time you end the show, haha.
    Personally not a big fan of it. But it was an okay one-time watch, I guess.

Apart from the ongoing stuff, I think I'll be continuing from where I left off on Magi: Kingdom of Magic. Same goes for Assassination Classroom Season One. Especially the latter since its season two will be adapting the complete manga. Can't wait to watch the story unfold in its entirety. <3

Years
  • Watching the first season of Sailor Moon.

Sub or dub?

If sub, how's Usagi the screen queen been treating your ears? :P

I doubt you'd be able to say the same by the time you end the show, haha.
    Personally not a big fan of it. But it was an okay one-time watch, I guess.

Apart from the ongoing stuff, I think I'll be continuing from where I left off on Magi: Kingdom of Magic. Same goes for Assassination Classroom Season One. Especially the latter since its season two will be adapting the complete manga. Can't wait to watch the story unfold in its entirety. <3

... I should start the anime season 1 after I catch up on the other stuff on my watch-list this season. I have an easier time digesting a manga adaptation after I've seen the anime adaptation instead of the other way around, usually.

Currently watching Boku no Hero Academia (so so awesome. Don't want to read the manga because I feel the need to respect the awesomeness of the anime), and I've been watching Samurai Champloo after I've heard about it for years! Only have watched 6 episodes so far but it's great. The OP and ED are incredible!

Champloo has an amazing OP. Nujabes was an amazing artist from works of his that I've managed to come across.

I'm currently going through Akami ga Kill. I was a bit hesitant before starting it because it seemed to have mixed reception, but I am on episode 13 of about 24 I believe and I am enjoying it so far. Love the characters and animation. Story is alright, a bit rushed I feel. I think that is one of the biggest complaints about it. However, I think it is worth watching. Might read the manga after if I still feel the same way.

Personally, I never managed to get attached to its characters before it ended.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Also, I watched episodes 1-3 of Kiznaiver last night.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    RWBY
    Record of Lodoss War

Years
  • Right now I'm trying to watch all the Kyoto Animation animes. Just finished K-On and Haruhi again and almost done with Chuunibyou. After that I'll start on Lucky Star and Free.

pkmin3033

Aaagh, I'm up in the air at the moment. I have a massive backlog, but none of it is particularly appealing...or perhaps I'm just picking the wrong shows. I dropped both Shimoneta and Punchline. Really not in the mood for quick-fire-no-subtlety toilet humour right now. Blech.

So now I'm rewatching Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation whilst I decide what to roll with next, wondering if I'll settle on anything or just rewatch something else after that. Been a while since I saw Utena and Penguindrum. Hmm.

Also picked up Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V to watch in between moments. THIS IS IT. This is where I start getting back into the YGO franchise again. I just wish Yuya's hair didn't look like an exploded tomato. I wish I could style my hair like that and get away with it. But yeah, let's see where this leads. I've been meaning to watch it past the first episode for a while now...like, 104 weeks. Derp.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Finished Getter Robo G a few days ago, ended up liking much more than the first series, but it might have been because they removed an annoying comic relief character in G. Currently watching Daitarn 3, which is basically Japanese James Bond with a Super Robot. Pretty comfy show and stands out pretty well in the 70s.

And I guess I'm following a bunch of shows from current seasons, but I fell behind with most of them. The ones I'm up to date are not my proudest, since it's Mayoiga and Super Lovers, but at least I'm up to date with Kuromukuro and Goma-chan as well. Now I just need to find time for the other 10 shows.

Years
  • I got caught up on Kiznaiver on the weekend. Not really feeling impressed with it so far.

I also got caught up on Flying Witch last night, and holy hell is this right up my alley for comfy shows. Supplants Bakuon!! as AOTS for me, though with Bakuon!!'s latest amazing episode it's neck-and-neck.

I've been watching the dub for Sailor Moon. And I finished Full Metal Alchemist- Brotherhood.

Probably a wise choice in terms of avoiding Usagi's screechy voice.

And I guess I'm following a bunch of shows from current seasons, but I fell behind with most of them. The ones I'm up to date are not my proudest, since it's Mayoiga and Super Lovers, but at least I'm up to date with Kuromukuro and Goma-chan as well. Now I just need to find time for the other 10 shows.

What are some of those other 10 shows?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • What are some of those other 10 shows?

Guess it's actually 20 and not 10, but since I missed like 2-3 episodes for most of them, that's a lot of episodes. I'm just too busy watching finished stuff, so the episodes always end up pilling, which is good for good shows, but not so good if the show isn't interesting, which might make me drop Boku no Hero Academia or Kuma Miko, since I'm not getting much enjoyment out of them. Kuma Miko is a bit disappointing, I was hoping for it to be fun, but the jokes just don't work for me.

I also watched a couple episodes of Re Zero and Endride, and one episode of Kiznaiver and Hundred, but decided it's not worth it. I usually enjoy watching trashy shows, kind of like Mayoiga from this season, but those four just didn't do it for me.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Currently catching up on Mayoiga and Flying Witch since I have the free time for anime~

Years
  • Right now I'm watching

Inu X Boku Secret Service.
    .Hack// Signs
    AKB0048
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
    Nandaka Velonica
    Shomin Sample

I like to watch a lot of anime. :)

pkmin3033

Picked up Garo: Honoo no Kokuin. It's been on my to-do list for a while now, so in the absence of anything that looks more appealing that I've not already watched, I'm rolling with it. Plus the movie was released recently so it kinda reminded me I still needed to watch the series. It looks...interesting, if nothing else. The soundtrack is great, and it looks like the kind of thing I could go for right now.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • ^ Ah yeah, Garo, that thing that looks cool but I haven't started yet. .w.

The only things I'm currently watching are Yugioh Arc V, Boku no Hero Academia, Pokemon XY&Z, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Ace Attorney. I'm behind on Bungou, though that's probably because I spoiled myself with the manga.

Admittedly, the points where I used to watch more anime have gone to playing Idolish7 in the last few months. oops.

Years
  • Aside from Spring 2016 series (if you really want to know, Kiznaiver's my favorite), I'm marathoning Arslan Senki. Its a pretty good show though it's a bit too slow for my taste. The sequel will come out this Summer, but its only like 8 episodes.

Afterwards, the first 12 episodes of the Cross Ange dub came out. Probably will marathon that. (I know that the show's very weird from what I heard/read on sites like Reddit and MAL)

pkmin3033

Afterwards, the first 12 episodes of the Cross Ange dub came out. Probably will marathon that. (I know that the show's very weird from what I heard/read on sites like Reddit and MAL)
    Cross Ange is amazing if you can look past the fanservice and grit your teeth through the first three or so episodes whilst they systematically break down the protagonists. It has one of the most well-developed casts in my opinion...even if it is a complete trainwreck. Basically, it's a Sunrise show through and through. But at least it's better than Code Geass!

Aaaaanywho. I'm picking up Mobile Suit Gundam 0079. By the time I've watched my way through all the current UC anime they should have finished dubbing the Unicorn adaptation/extension/whatever the hell it's supposed to be.

Back