• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon CAWPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I loved to play Outlaw because it was chalenging and offensive (in a funny way). I only have 2 questions about this hack: will the TM's be infinite? and will growlithe be one of our starters?

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I loved to play Outlaw because it was chalenging and offensive (in a funny way). I only have 2 questions about this hack: will the TM's be infinite? and will growlithe be one of our starters?

1)Never. It's a personal pet-peeve. I like the challenge of limited TMs over the convience of unlimited TMs. That's just me. I know some don't like that but that's fine.
    2)I don't want to answer that but since it's so obvious, everyone gets a freaking Growlithe. But there will be other 3 starters that you will get to choose(no way anyone will be able to guess those). So you more or less get 2 starter pokemon, which is pretty sweet if you ask me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2021
    It's been about two months since I finished Pokemon Outlaw and I still remember some of the funny parts :) Good work, I can wait half a year for this hack because Outlaw was good :)

I like how you get to play as a policeman/woman here. I also like the lack of any pokemon after gen 3. (Seriously higher generation pokemon only work well with higher generation mechanics such as reusable TMs, in my opinion, and these mechanics are no good in an emerald hack.)
    Quick question about the starter you can choose: please don't make any of them fire types...since Growlithe was already a fire type and Vulpix was a popularly chosen starter in Outlaw...

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2015
    grmpf. Guess I have to play this peace of crap outlaw thingy to get used to your so called "humor"... Just great.
    Looking forward to seeing this promising hack beeing completet an released! Good luck with the hacking!

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • It's been about two months since I finished Pokemon Outlaw and I still remember some of the funny parts :) Good work, I can wait half a year for this hack because Outlaw was good :)

I like how you get to play as a policeman/woman here. I also like the lack of any pokemon after gen 3. (Seriously higher generation pokemon only work well with higher generation mechanics such as reusable TMs, in my opinion, and these mechanics are no good in an emerald hack.)
    Quick question about the starter you can choose: please don't make any of them fire types...since Growlithe was already a fire type and Vulpix was a popularly chosen starter in Outlaw...

There won't be a fire type among the starter choices. It'll be 3 Pokemon that are usually never even considered to be starters. I'd be stunned if anyone would be able to anticipate them.

dhouse90

Gary's Older Brother
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    YES! Honestly I hope you're in for the long haul and make at least a dozen more hacks. I didn't even think Outlaw was that dark (maybe realistic)...I think you still have some room to make the game enjoyable for us big kids.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I wanna just thank anyone who's cared about this hack or about Pokemon Outlaw. It's awesome to get some support.

I just wanted to announce one thing (don't get excited this is a boring announcement):

If anyone is capable of creating respectable Emerald style, overworld Sprites of Pokemon and would love for their work to be included in Pokemon CAWPS, please send me a PM. It's not crucial to the completion of this hack but it'd be cool to have.

On CAWPS progress... it's going somewhere. Not sure if I'm 20% or 60% done with the hack, so who knows when I'll be done. I also plan on including a short but epic postgame after the main "storyline" is finished.

And dhouse90, I dunno if I have a dozen hacks left in me but I might have another idea after this.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • I wanna just thank anyone who's cared about this hack or about Pokemon Outlaw. It's awesome to get some support.

I just wanted to announce one thing (don't get excited this is a boring announcement):

If anyone is capable of creating respectable Emerald style, overworld Sprites of Pokemon and would love for their work to be included in Pokemon CAWPS, please send me a PM. It's not crucial to the completion of this hack but it'd be cool to have.

On CAWPS progress... it's going somewhere. Not sure if I'm 20% or 60% done with the hack, so who knows when I'll be done. I also plan on including a short but epic postgame after the main "storyline" is finished.

And dhouse90, I dunno if I have a dozen hacks left in me but I might have another idea after this.

Crizzle this hack and your other is amazing and thank you so so much for appreciating us that makes me feel all fired up for a hack im currently trying to work on it will just take me longer then most as im not the best but steadily improving. I'd like to give back to the community too at some point even if it takes me a year or 2. You brought this hack out very quick and i was alittle worried that maybe you didnt give yourself a break from last hack. Good luck with your hack and i hope it goes smoothly and well. The title screen is amazing it has like that law and order feel not sure why.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Crizzle this hack and your other is amazing and thank you so so much for appreciating us that makes me feel all fired up for a hack im currently trying to work on it will just take me longer then most as im not the best but steadily improving. I'd like to give back to the community too at some point even if it takes me a year or 2. You brought this hack out very quick and i was alittle worried that maybe you didnt give yourself a break from last hack. Good luck with your hack and i hope it goes smoothly and well. The title screen is amazing it has like that law and order feel not sure why.

Thank you for your kind words. You are a very kind person. You've earned yourself another like. Talk nice, get liked.
    I enjoy rom hacking for the most part, so I didn't really need too long of a break.
    For my title screen, I was go for more of a COPS(that old American Police reality show) feel but I'll gladly take law and order, lol.

Best of luck with your hack, I'm sure it'll be better than anything I could manage.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Thank you for your kind words. You are a very kind person. You've earned yourself another like. Talk nice, get liked.
    I enjoy rom hacking for the most part, so I didn't really need too long of a break.
    For my title screen, I was go for more of a COPS(that old American Police reality show) feel but I'll gladly take law and order, lol.

Best of luck with your hack, I'm sure it'll be better than anything I could manage.

Im sure i meant cops but looking online i had a feeling you mistook what i meant for a tv show im assuming.I thought law and order was what police upheld or cops as some might say. If only Arcanine was wearing glasses and holding a law book is that somethink you might consider changing lol.

My hack is a headache but looking forward to presenting it in january if things go well and compared to your hack first off its super plus i tried alittle of outlaw last night amazing, ill need a while to even make the progress you have made in yours and even then what im seeing you have truely outdone yourself.

Thank you for your support and again good luck

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I have some horrible news for you guys.

Due to a sudden change in my circumstances, I will no longer be able to continue this hack do any kind of ROM hacking in the near future. I really don't have the time for it now. It really sucks but that's life. Life sucks.

Fortunately for you(or unfortunately if you really hate me), I will be putting up a download link for the incompleted game(a patch) There's a significant amount of progress made in the hack(a decent amount of playtime) but it's still was probably less than half complete. But if I'm not gonna finish it, I might as well release what I've got. It's a shame because I was saving my best stuff for last but it wasn't meant to be.

I'll still hang around Pokecommunity, it's an amazing place. Or maybe not. I did come here for ROM hacking.

I know some people will be really bummed out(or relieved), but hey, atleast I finished Outlaw and that worked out fairly well.

Darn, well hopefully everything is alright in your life. I just played CAWPS for 15 minutes and it looks really fun, and a little more understated than Outlaw haha. Does eating donuts actually make your Pokemon stronger in the game? Does it just increase their EV's?

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Darn, well hopefully everything is alright in your life. I just played CAWPS for 15 minutes and it looks really fun, and a little more understated than Outlaw haha. Does eating donuts actually make your Pokemon stronger in the game? Does it just increase their EV's?
    No, it's a complete troll, lol. Eating donuts does NOTHING.
    Since I'm not finishing it, I might as well say it. The original plan was to trick the player into thinking that eating donuts has some magical hidden effect. I thought it'd be hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    You can still finish the hack even if you're really busy with your life. You don't have to dedicate a lot of time, just put 10-20 minutes a day or write up the plot in your spare time. Maybe you're not inspired anymore or other more ambitious hacks disheartened you? I played Outlaw and I mostly liked it for the dialouge, other hacks copy the official games dialouge too much. Anyways good luck with whatever you are busy with in life.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • You can still finish the hack even if you're really busy with your life. You don't have to dedicate a lot of time, just put 10-20 minutes a day or write up the plot in your spare time. Maybe you're not inspired anymore or other more ambitious hacks disheartened you? I played Outlaw and I mostly liked it for the dialouge, other hacks copy the official games dialouge too much. Anyways good luck with whatever you are busy with in life.

Trust me, one does not simply rom hack for 10-20 minutes in a single sitting. That just don't happen.

Deep down I still want to finish this hack. Though I'd never be disheartened by other's work, I'm a big fan of rom hacks. If someone can make something better than that's wonderful. Wouldn't dishearten me.

One day I'll get back to working on this hack but I just don't see when. That's why I just canceled it. But people, please don't hesitate to download the progress I made to this point. It's still a pretty good amount of gameplay. I'd like to hear some feedback to see if it sucks or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back