• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
  • I also think the forum splash was a nifty little thing since it was thrown on to some of the other forums here as well. It fits decently on my screen but i'd say it should do the forum well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    How does Milotic fly in both Anime & Manga ???
    Milotic is not a Flying or Ghost type and it does not have Levitate ability.
    The Pokedex never said anything about Milotic floating in the Air.
    So I don't get how Milotic can float in the air .

For some Reason , I can't imagine Goodra running !
    I wonder if Goodra can float in the air by using its antenna and energy from those green dot that defies the Law of Gravity .
    Those Green Dots on Goodra bodies make Goodra look beautiful ! It would be cool if those Green dots glows .

Years
  • Possibly in the same vein that Gyarados is Water/Flying? Just a guess, but it's not really something that makes too much of a good case for it. But I never saw the manga anyway, so I don't really know how that would work.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • Gyarados was such a heavy hitter on my team before the DS Era of games, then I kind of left it to the side to try to train newer things.

Years
  • That was when Gyarados really started to get good. In the early generations when it didn't have any good STAB moves, it was usable but not great, except in GSC where it was terrible given they cut its Special Attack from RBY. But then came DP which had the physical/special split, and Gyarados was definitely changed big time with that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Possibly in the same vein that Gyarados is Water/Flying? Just a guess, but it's not really something that makes too much of a good case for it. But I never saw the manga anyway, so I don't really know how that would work.

Funny thing , Gyarados never flied in the Anime despite being a Flying type.
    While Milotic float in the Air despite being a Pure Water Type .
    In that case , May be Goodra can fly too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Funny thing , Gyarados never flied in the Anime despite being a Flying type.
    While Milotic float in the Air despite being a Pure Water Type .
    In that case , May be Goodra can fly too.
    Okay, no. Point here is that Gyarados is based off some kind of dragon who might be able to fly, and Milotic still resembles a water dragon spirit thingy. But Goodra is just a belly on legs. There is nothing even remotely giving me the impression of that it would be able to fly there.

Pokémon General DCC

Why are we even talking Goodra in the same breath as Gyarados and Milotic, it's not even water type.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm guessing since Goodra's evolution line are Pokémon that reside in swamps? A funny thing about that is, why can't it even learn Surf if it's a creature like that? It even gets Muddy Water.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe swamp water isn't deep enough for them to need to Surf. They can just wade through it ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Okay, no. Point here is that Gyarados is based off some kind of dragon who might be able to fly, and Milotic still resembles a water dragon spirit thingy. But Goodra is just a belly on legs. There is nothing even remotely giving me the impression of that it would be able to fly there.

Pokémon General DCC

First of All , Milotic is nothing like a Chinese Dragon that flies ! It based on a Water Snake or Sea Serpent.
    And Sea Serpent doesn't fly .
    Also , Goodra is based on Shussebora ! A snail that become a Dragon after living 1000 year in Mountain , 1000 year on Plain and 1000 year on Sea .
    And Shussebora are pretty much like Sea Serpent .

Why are we even talking Goodra in the same breath as Gyarados and Milotic, it's not even water type.
    Since when Water has anything do with flying ?
    I was talking about How Milotic can fly specially when there are Pokemon with ''Wing'' that can't fly .
    Example : Scizor , Druddigon .

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • First of all, when has the Pokémon series EVER made logical sense? Pokémon does whatever it wants to make it's Pokémon interesting and look cool XD

If you want to apply logic to this then there are Dragons who cannot fly who look as though they should, and there are those who can, despite appearances hinting otherwise.

And your example of Gliscor and Druddigon are perfect examples of Pokémon nott making sense. Scyther and fly anyone?

Years
  • That is kind of right, but there's the same logic that there are several Pokémon that have Levitate but can't learn Fly. Although I guess that's a different subject altogether.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Honestly, I could see why Scyther cannot learn Fly. Not only does it evolve into a Pokémon that loses its Flying type and has smaller wings, but Scyther's body shape really shows that it is not meant for carrying Trainers. I can imagine other Pokémon like Pidgeot and Golurk carrying their Trainers, but Scyther? Nah.

Years
  • Pidgeot, well that's a bird on its own. But Golurk, at first it may not seem like it's sensical at all, but if you've seen movies like the Iron Giant and Iron Man, or Transformers, then it might make more sense.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Golurk is an interesting pokemon in its own right. I've yet to train one fully, but I think I will in my next restart of X

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • With Scyther you also have to consider that many bugs can carry much more than their own weight by scale. Surely it could carry you on its back while flying.

Years
  • I've used Golurk a couple times, namely when I did my Ground Monotypes on White 2 and X. It was kinda nifty that in the latter you can get Golett rather early in the game (before your second badge) unlike in B2W2 where you can't get it until near the very end. I also caught one for the Carnival of Horrors event back in October, and it gained a lot of levels in the White Treehollow. It's a cool Pokémon, but some people might question why it's not Steel-type instead of Ghost. :P

Nymphadora

Gift of the Nymphs
    Years
  • Golurk has a nifty typing. It's not a bad pokemon, mine saved my butt a few times.

I think Scyther could carry a person, I mean Butterfree was seen slightly able to hold a trainer in the early anime (also remember the original intro? They did carry another pokemon)

Years
  • I mean Butterfree was seen slightly able to hold a trainer in the early anime (also remember the original intro? They did carry another pokemon)

Yeah that was Pikachu riding on Butterfree in the intro, but I don't recall a scene of it carrying a human.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Eh, weight and height may make Scyther compatible for Fly, sure, but I just still cannot see it flying with a Trainer. It's seems too bipedal to carry a person compared to Pidgeot or Unfezant. :s

Is it me, or is finding Shinies not as fun as it was in the past? I'm happy to know that finding Shinies in the sixth gen is easier, but I suppose it's a little too nice. All of the Shinies I've found last year and this year are from the sixth gen games, and because of their frequency I really don't care if I run away from one or not.

Back