• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I miss how it used to be...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I usually don't like talking about this type of stuff, as I have loved everything. And most people usually say, Ash not being dumb anymore, Misty or Brock or something along those lines

But things that I miss the most... I really don't miss anything. A lot of stuff I used to love, they brought back in XY Saga. Pokemon having their own personalities. Feelings that involve crying, ect.

I guess something I do miss and Pikachu's love for ketchup. Apparently there has only been 1 or 2 episodes about that, but I remember it the most for one reason or another. Other things I miss are when Pikachu is doing things in the background that are generally funny when the trainers are talking. He just doesn't sit on Ash shoulder. Other things I miss are the comedic things. One last things I miss is references to the real world. Like how they had a few episodes based around Christmas. Although they somewhat brought that back in XY as well. I really miss those type of episodes.

One of my favorite episodes in the XY series was Gourgeist Festival. I really love Halloween. Even thought the Gourgeist Festival wasn't 100% Halloween, you could obviously tell that it was inspired and based on Halloween. I really want to see a Christmas inspired episode. It doesn't have to be 100% that, but even if there was just a Winter Festival, I would really enjoy it. I was hoping we would get one around Snowbelle City. Alola would have to be late in the saga probably. The only snowy areas is on the mountain.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I miss Eric Stuart as James. I stopped watching the Anime before they switched to a new cast. The first time I started watching again was watching it on Netflix in the Black & White series with a friend and the first time I heard the new James I literally yelled out loud "WTF is this shit. He sounds sooooo stupid now." I thought my friend was going to die laughing. I still won't get over it.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • I really miss Brock.
    I do know that Brock left the show in the last series, Pokemon Black & White, to be replaced by Cilan but..
    ..He was my favorite character.
    He was just so funny! & really admirable.
    I don't much care for rock types, nor the pokemon he had, even though some of them weren't rock-types. It really was just everything else about Brock that I really admired. His personality, wanting to be a pokemon breeder, his love and care for pokemon & truthful advice.
    Umm. Yeah, I really miss Brock.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I miss the 4Kids dub voices and music. I stopped watching the dub after Diamond and Pearl.

Everytime any of Ash's companions leave at the end of a saga, I always miss them. I mostly miss Misty, Brock and Dawn.

I also miss Jigglypuff.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I think the only thing that I miss is the 4Kids dub, which is ironic, because 4Kids usually gets a lot of heat, but in Pokemon's case, a lot of us grew up with that dub for a number of years. I feel like 4Kids handled a lot of the voices and music better than PUSA, oddly enough.

As far as things I miss in the actual anime, probably just Gary spontaneously showing up. Which I hate, because it makes me feel like one of those "BRING BACK KANTO TBH", and I am very pro-newer series, I love them, I just also really like Gary, and I feel like we haven't seen him in 5ever.

I miss how it used to be...

Can't say I miss Brock or Misty quite as much cause we've seen them more.

I do miss May and Drew, though. I kinda wish they would get into Showcases. lol

Back