• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of trainer are you?

Tirion

Lint Magnet
Years
  • I know nothing about EV's IV's or any of that. I'm not exactly hardcore, so I just use whichever Pokemon I feel like using with no regard to natures.

To each their own though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I just usually use pokemon that i like such as pangoro because my favourite animal are panda's. I don't really EV train but i'll breed to get certain moves that i think would help me out in battle. I only really battle my friends and we aren't that competitive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Honestly, until I started playing battle servers, I had no idea what EV and IV training was. I now look more at if they are a physically or special attacker and try and base things off that, but before I would just pick the stronger moves.

My roommate actually has Pokemon X and he doesn't play Pokemon. Maybe I'll ask if I can use it and then I might start breeding and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If I'm going to breed a team I just like the gender to be what I think looks best. I also try to get a somewhat good nature, but I'm not too hardcore about that. I also really don't like to use any Pokemon in the wild if they're over 20 or so. I still try to aim for 15 or below.

Years
  • I still have no idea how the whole IV/EV thing works lol, I just catch my favourites and raise them up, as simple as that lol :) Sometimes I try and get the right gender (and by "right" I just mean whatever that Pokémon looks like to me lol), and if I have the patience or want to give myself an extra project I'll breed to get my preferred nature/characteristic for that Pokémon :) I'm not a competitive battler or anything, this is all just for in-game :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    Pokemon was much more fun when I knew far less then what I know now :D Catch the ones whose looks you like, use super effective moves, I was having much more fun when I had no idea about anything else (Nature, EV, IV, even stats and status moves!). Everything started when my Kangaskhan's thunderbolt turned out to be completely useless against water and flying types...

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Pokemon was much more fun when I knew far less then what I know now :D Catch the ones whose looks you like, use super effective moves, I was having much more fun when I had no idea about anything else (Nature, EV, IV, even stats and status moves!). Everything started when my Kangaskhan's thunderbolt turned out to be completely useless against water and flying types...

After knowing those mechanics I was also enjoying the games less but you know what they say about lemons and lemonades. I tend to just get the best nature and that ultimately ends with me enjoying the games more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    the only EV I'm interested in in Jolteon! Seriously though, I like the main story of the games. I like replaying through with a completely different team. Currently playing through X with a fukk team of fighting types. Lysandre's Mienfoo is destroying me :-(

Back