• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Since most Fairy-types are special oriented, I would expect them to boost it there.

Or they might make it even slower and give it a boost to all its other stats maybe? It's clearly meant to be a tank, so i'm expecting them to give the Defenses a bigger boost.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Figured I'd bump this up because another batch of details from CoroCoro has revealed Mega Diancie's ability to be Magic Bounce. What's everyone's thought on this?

In my opinion, I feel like we're getting too many Megas with that ability but at least it's nothing lackluster. Aside from that, I am still expecting a boost to her special stats when she goes Mega but I'll be happy with whatever stat boost they go with.

Isn't having Mega Sableye and Mega Absol having Magic Bounce enough? In all seriousness, I think Magic Bounce does give Diancie a bit of a reason to be used, since the other Magic Bouncers in Xatu, Espeon and Mega Absol are rather frail. According to the scan, Mega Diancie also has significantly increased Speed. (by 50? 40? idk) Either way, Mega Diancie could make use of the Speed boost with Rock Polish.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I don't know if Diancie will be good but anything that is even remotely helpful with birdspam (Talonflame in particular) is cool with me

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Mega Diancie's getting a speed increase? How the hell does that work when she's got that huge rock attached to her? I have to wonder though how (or if) she'll impact the meta; while Fairy/Rock is horribly weak to Steel, its a useful defensive typing otherwise, especially with Magic Bounce.

Now if Game Freak would just nerf Stealth Rocks....

srinator

How do u nerf knock off? Reduce bp? I mean only gf can do that, .....right?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Btw, Diancie was released in Japan today, so we can use it on Showdown now. Just regular Diancie though, not the mega form.

Years
  • Btw, Diancie was released in Japan today, so we can use it on Showdown now. Just regular Diancie though, not the mega form.

At least this can now give competitive players a chance to see how it fares in the metagame. Remember that not every Legendary is guaranteed a spot in the Ubers tier so if Diancie ends up being classed lower than Ubers then that could signify a flaw with it that couldn't stand up to Ubers. The 4x Steel weakness is the biggest nightmare for this cutie obviously, but it's still quite bulky with good defensive stats.

Still, I wonder what the outcome will be.

srinator

Eh I feel it's going to drop to uu tbh. Other than cm diamond and moon last I don't see anything going for it. I may be wrong but the 4x weakness p destroys it since scizor ohko's with bullet punch. It's move pool seems a bit shallow too :/ tho cm rest set might see some usage

Years
  • Eh I feel it's going to drop to uu tbh. Other than cm diamond and moon last I don't see anything going for it. I may be wrong but the 4x weakness p destroys it since scizor ohko's with bullet punch. It's move pool seems a bit shallow too :/ tho cm rest set might see some usage

I can see where you're going here, Scizor are often running rampant with Bullet Punch but I'm sure Calm Mind sets will definitely make it a powerful special attacker. Diancie also has solid defenses fitting for the role of a bulky special-attacking tank. When the Mega gets released, I want to see where that ends up eventually and see if it does benefit it any better.

Espeon and Mega Absol are frail, while even though Xatu's defenses are slightly better they are still mediocre, plus Mega Sableye will probably be defensively good enough to also use the ability well (Sableye gets a boost to Defense and Sp. Attack, but I'm assuming Sp. Defense will get boosted close behind as well) but I think in the long run Diancie has a much worse defensive typing than Sableye because she's weak to Grass, Water, Ground and also that nasty one to Steel while Sableye only has to worry about Fairy moves.

But still, it'll be a close call. I think Mega Diancie running Calm Mind will potentially be quite deadly once OR/AS comes in, given that Magic Bounce means those who rely on status moves are going to struggle since they can't do much to it with their strategy alone.

Years
  • To interrupt daily chitchat, we are hosting a gym/E4 challenge arena in the Battle Arena room. The gym leaders/E4 have OU tier level monotype teams so you're welcome to challenge any of us and it will be recorded.

We're also looking for 2 more gym leaders. The following types are available:
    Grass
    Water
    Rock
    Ice
    Fighting
    Poison
    Bug

Please come by our Battle Arena room on PC's showdown server to ask any questions. If you ask me anything you'll have to beat me before you get an answer. :>

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • So I battled alternating caps Deniś[ssss] earlier.

Into the brave new world of one BP user per team he has dared step, but like a desperate man who fails to take hints like his ex-wife divorcing him and moving to Kyrgyzstan as evidence that she doesn't want to see him anymore in any capacity, Deniś[ssss] is still attempting to run something resembling a Baton Pass team despite numerous subtle actions pushing him to stop, like the complete dismantling of his pet playstyle.

I admire the man's fortitude. He should also trying running a real team/strategy, but for now, I admire his never say die attitude. NEVER GIVE IN

Years
  • Okay, updates on Mega Diancie and Mega Metagross.

Mega Diancie gains a huge boost to Speed, but also gains boosts to Attack and Sp. Attack at the cost of losing a bit of Defense and Sp. Defense. It of course has the aforementioned Magic Bounce ability. Kinda interesting how it goes from something slow and bulky to a speedy attacker, can't wait to see how that will have an impact on it competitively.

As for Mega Metagross, it gains boosts in all of its stats, but especially Speed. It's also been confirmed to have the Tough Claws ability. Pretty nice to see boosts in all of the stats there, and while I do think Tough Claws has been a bit overused on Megas, given the ability was already used on two other Megas I do think it can help Metagross a lot given how much it suffered in the generation shift.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, updates on Mega Diancie and Mega Metagross.

Mega Diancie gains a huge boost to Speed, but also gains boosts to Attack and Sp. Attack at the cost of losing a bit of Defense and Sp. Defense. It of course has the aforementioned Magic Bounce ability. Kinda interesting how it goes from something slow and bulky to a speedy attacker, can't wait to see how that will have an impact on it competitively.

As for Mega Metagross, it gains boosts in all of its stats, but especially Speed. It's also been confirmed to have the Tough Claws ability. Pretty nice to see boosts in all of the stats there, and while I do think Tough Claws has been a bit overused on Megas, given the ability was already used on two other Megas already I do think it can help Metagross a lot given how much it suffered in the generation shift.

Thoughts?

I feel that Agiligross could make a comeback this gen. Mega Ampharos got away with Agility, despite the reduced Speed, so why not Metagross (assuming its Speed decreased or remained relatively the same)? The power boost to its contact moves is pretty much appreciated, considering that its STABs, Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt, are also contact moves. The elemental punches, Hammer Arm and Pursuit also got buffed up:
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake/Zen Headbutt
    -Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Zen Headbutt
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Metagrossite (if that's the name of Metagross' Mega Stone)
    Ability: Clear Body

Edit: Okay, just realized that Megagross' Speed is buffed significantly, so it won't need Agility, though it's still useful for outspeeding other Scarfers. All-out attacking sets are easier to use with the increased Speed, as well as Stealth Rock:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake/Zen Headbutt
    -Bullet Punch/Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Metagrossite

or
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch/Pursuit
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Metagrossite

Oh and mixed Rock Polish Mega Diancie seems tempting. The loss of bulk kinda sucks with those common weaknesses, though.:
    -Rock Polish
    -Moonblast
    -Diamond Storm
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)
    Nature: Hasty/Naive/Rash/Mild
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Diancite (assuming that's the name of the Mega Stone)

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    idk the best place to put this, but metronome randbats allows mega banette (which was running taunt / knock off / sucker / other) and it's brokedy pls fix :_:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Metagross problem even with a mega unless they give it some asinine ability and moves is it inherently still sucks monkey balls at everything lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Metagross problem even with a mega unless they give it some asinine ability and moves is it inherently still sucks monkey balls at everything lol.

It has Tough Claws, I think? It will undoubtedly be superior to regular Metagross. AgiliGross will always be inherently *dangerous* because it can easily take any priority attack and outspeeds any relevant threat. IDK about anything else though.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • While I've seen above about the stat boost, have they been explicitly announced (as in, do we know how much they are increasing?) If so, I wonder how many 2HKOs Tough Claws and that attack stat boost will turn things.

Man, another set of arms. Must be nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back